You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Hello Mary: Story Up Until Now

Real Ghost Stories

Hello Mary: Story Up Until Now

 

A long time ago when I lived in my home town, and I was just a little toddler, I used to always sit in my parent's bedroom and laugh at a certain corner, the truth was: I was looking at my grandmother, but the problem was that my grandmother died years before my birth. I wasn't the only one who has seen my grandmother, my older sister when she was about 5 years old saw her and talked to her quite a bit, the same with my older cousin, but when my cousin, we will call him S for now, told his parents, they had him tested for schizophrenia (not knowing the difference between real and imagination). Luckily for him he wasn't taken away.

My family has always been spiritual, even before I was born, a strange man phoned my mother when she was in the same room as my great grand father and my grandmother. The man told her that she would soon give birth to a dark haired boy (me), but the problem was: my mother became infertile after my sister was born, and my mother did not believe the man, so the man described every person in that exact room, and then my mother began to believe him.

When I was at the age of about 6 or 7 years old, I was sitting in my front garden just watching the cars drive past, and I turned my head towards a neighbor's house and saw a man walking up the hill, he looked at me, waved, and said "Hello", so I did the polite thing and say hello back. Then something weird happened: my mother was going through her old pictures and found pictures of her grandfather, who was the man I saw walking up the hill, but my grandfather died 8 years before I was born, and he was wearing the exact same clothing that he wore in the picture.

About 4 years after that we moved house, and now we live in a flat (or for Americans: apartment) and I have been seeing a quite tall, pale girl, about 15 or 16 years old, long black hair, and in a sort of wedding dress. I've always seen her in plain darkness just staring at me. A few months ago a family member came to our house who was actually a psychic medium, and she explained the girl that I have been seeing to my mother, and it matched the description that I told to my mother, and my mother said the name "Mary".

When the psychic left, my mother told me about Mary, the story was that she was my great aunt (my grandmother's youngest sister) who died at the age of 16 of leukemia, and she was buried in her wedding dress. The psychic told my mother when I wasn't in the room that Mary was watching over me and protecting me.

Something happened last night that Mary has never done before: I was in my room and the lights were on, and I turned my head towards my wardrobe, saw Mary, and said "Oh hi Mary", she said "Hello", then I realized what happened, I turned my head back towards where Mary was and she was gone. I told my mother about it and she said that Mary would only visit me to check on me, or that she might be worried about me, as Mary was a sort of caring person when she was alive.

Soon I will be seeing the psychic again about if I am a psychic myself and that I might have a gift, and I really think I do, as most of the time I can feel Mary around me, and you know when you are talking to a group of people and your eyes look at every person in the group one at a time? Well when I look at everyone one at a time, my eyes then go to a certain spot where nobody is standing and I can feel that there is someone there. Sometimes when I am sitting down normally, I always feel like someone is sitting on my leg and is putting their arm around me, as my neck gets cold and so does my right leg, and it's always my right leg, never my left leg.

Hopefully some of you can help me out with this and give me some advice. I will write again soon, and I will write down my experience with the psychic. Until then, good bye

Other hauntings by HauntedChildUK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauntedChildUK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HauntedChildUK (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
To everyone asking about Mary's wedding dress, I believe it was her future dress as she was engaged. My cousin at the time was about 6 years old and it was approximately 20 years ago when he said that he saw our grandmother, but his mother did not believe in spirits at that time so she thought he was going crazy. As people asked about the phone number, she did not know how the person got her phone number, as when they rang her it was an unrecognized number
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-25)
Hi HauntedChildUK, welcome to YGS. Like Surya said, it is not necessary that you need to be a psychic to feel or see paranormal. Secondly, you said that your great aunt was buried in her wedding dress and she died of leukemia at the age of 16. That means she was married even before 16? Secondly, as lady-glow asked, please do clarify regarding the telephone number of your mother as to how that person got it.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-24)
Thank you for sharing your story. A bit confusing. Firstly Lady-Glow, the dress was a sort of wedding dress, so not an actual wedding dress. However I do see you point. Also in the UK you are prescribed medication and given extensive session with a professional.

Hauntedchilduk, you don't have to be psychic to see or feel things. If you are not comfortable with your ancestors visiting you, ask them nicely to leave, tell them you are fine. Cleanse your property.

I look forward to reading your explanations to what the other posters have asked.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
I do not understand the following points about your story:
Did your aunt and uncle test their child for schizophrenia just because he told them he had seen his grandmother? Really? -How old was your cousin when this happened? Did his parents ever considered he could had imagine the whole thing?
"...Luckily for him he wasn't taken away." - I do not think people with schizophrenia are taken away before putting them in medication... But perhaps that's a normal practice in the UK? 😕

Do you have any idea how the strange man got your mother's phone number? Was he a psychic offering free readings out of the telephone book? 😕

I feel sorry for Mary having to wear her wedding dress like a shroud instead of going to the altar.

Thanks for sharing.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
Question- Buried in a wedding dress at 16? Was it supposed to be her future dress or was she married that young? Sorry, would just like a bit of clarification of that.

Really interesting account that seems to involve a large chunk of your family. You seem to be very mature and handling the situations you have been through very well.
Thank you for sharing it and best wishes!
doe-eyedharu (2 stories) (14 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-07-23)
http://www.psychic-test.org/ hi, check it out. It might help you... 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: