You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bathroom Lights

Real Ghost Stories

Bathroom Lights

 

his is probably tame compared to many of the experiences on here and I am in no way claiming it to be a ghost, demon, angel or anything else other than something very odd which has been happening with more frequency within the past month.

About a month ago I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep so I turned on my small clock radio on my bedside table and listened to a bit of George Noory to try to get tired and fall back asleep.

For whatever reason I looked towards the master bathroom when I noticed a white light about the brightness of a flashlight that lasted about 1 second. I think it's important to note that the light did not seem to be directional like a flashlight though, but rather more of an even ambient glow within the room.

I thought it was a little odd but chalked it up to being one of the many devices that are plugged in and charging like my electric razor, toothbrush, etc. The problem is that the charge indicator light (LED) on the toothbrush is green and dim, the nightlight is orange and the shaver lights are bluish light and far to dim to light up the room such as what I saw.

I also thought that maybe the neighbor had turned on an outside light or something but I've lived here for close to 8 years now and never noticed a light like this before. Also, I would have noticed it in the room I was in as well and there was no light evident from outside when this happened.

I think I should describe the layout of our bedroom in relation to the master bath - The master bath is on the south side of the Master Bedroom directly opposite a walk-in closet so when you look south from the bed you cannot see into the bathroom or closet, they are both at right angles to the bed location, so all you notice is the glow.

Anyway, over the past few weeks I noticed it again a couple of times and told my wife. She thought I was kidding around or nuts. It has occurred at different times from 11pm to 5am, just when it's dark enough to notice.

A few days ago my wife finally saw the light. It was around 4am or so and she said it lasted about 1 second or so, was white and then it was gone.

This morning something odd happened to me which prompted me to think this is something other than just a coincidence or electric device related. Last night I unplugged the only device that has a bluish/white light, the shaver. I didn't notice a light but when I got up this morning to take a shower I noticed something a bit odd. It was still slightly dark, around 6:20am.

I was in the shower and saw the light around the corner coming from the bedroom! (remember, the bedroom is at a right angle to the bathroom) The light lasted about 1-2 seconds then gone. I got out of the shower immediately and asked my wife if she'd turned on a light in the bedroom. She was still asleep and assured me after I did not wake her up that she had not turned on any light, nor did she see it due to being asleep.

We have had a few odd occurrences from time to time in the house after my grandmother's death a few years back. We've experienced a floral, perfume smell that occurs in different rooms from time to time, usually when things aren't going so well for us it happens but it hasn't happened in a long while.

I don't feel as if the light is threatening or anything like that but was wondering if anyone else had heard of or experienced this? I don't see an orb or anything like that, just these odd lights in the other room. Weird.

FYI, my vision is fine I'm not nuts (wife saw it too), etc...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, justwondering123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ConfederateGhost (16 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-09-01)
Stop wondering and check the electric circuitry. Then go on a picnic with your wife. No need to thank me buddy. 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
Was hoping the op would have been back and offered an update... I do so love a mystery! Someone questioned why always the bathroom? Could it be water? I know they need energy to manifest, water is a conductor...
Most pipes are on one side of the house maybe this concentration is the starting point for the light. Lol, grasping for straws but you never know! ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
johntravis, I wouldn't worry too much about your karma rating. Hopefully one day they'll take that system out of use. It's completely ridiculous and easily cheated.
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I apoligise if I sounded flippant with my car lights remark. It was just a genuine question as a lot of everyday happenings get confused with paranormal activity all the time. I just think it is important to eliminate the rational explanations first. That's all I was doing. No need to vote me down
bobdylanrock2244 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
did your grandmother love lights?
My grandma loves perfume too
She might want to remind you of her and still make you remember she's always there ❤
Hoodzy (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-12)
johntravis28- If a car's headlights were the cause, then it wouldn't have been just the bathroom that was illuminated, since the bathroom's connected to the bedroom. And even if there was a window in the bathroom, the light still would have reached parts of the bedroom as well.

Justwondering123- I wouldn't worry about the lights. It doesn't look like this spirit has any malevolent intentions; as others have said, it may be the spirit of a loved one or an angel checking in on you. Perhaps the lights are just a way for this spirit to let you know they're looking out for you 😁
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I have heard that when you see a bight light it is a good spirit, like a loved one or angel. Maybe it is your grandmother... Or an angel.
Also, for like a week I would try unpluging everything in your room and the master bathroom that make any sort of a light and see what happens... That way there is no question if it is a device in the room (s) or not.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am puzzled as to what it might be, but I do think there's some stock in the EMF theory. You should try taking EMF readings (you can find devices for this purpose online, not too expensive either) in that particular area. Have you checked the outlets to make sure there are no electrical problems? Is there a lot of static in that room? I'm not certain, but... Something gives me the feeling that there's a scientific reason behind this.
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
Sorry, but is there any possibility it is a car passing outside and the lights shining in the window?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
First of all, Welcome to the site.
Secondly, I'm not sure about the light. On the same line as otteer, I would like to think that someone special is looking over you. As for the flower smells, I would saw that it was your grandmother to take care you again. My maternal grandmother told me that love one will always be with us, especially when there is some comforting to do.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
very interest story I only have Well... Strange White Shadow like a From mirror but I look and looking for it but no Mirror anywhere I don't know where it come from... 🤔
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
What is it with ghosts and bathrooms? One would expect that the john would be low on the list of places a person would choose to haunt after their demise. The bathroom must fascilitate manifestation because its a source of moving water. Many cultures believe that ghosts are drawn to water. Science has detected high EMF over underground springs. High EMF is often detected in areas of paranormal activity. Just my guess, hope it helps.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I was thinking that this light could've been a loved one coming to visit you or an Angel of White Light. It does not sound threatning to me. Do you feel peaceful when you see it?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-05-10)
Wow, what a great story and soooo well written!

I haven't had lights like you discribe but I have had an light appear in my room at night. It happened when I was troubled, my marriage was a mess and my husband had not come home that night. I lived in the country then, surrounded by 5 acres of forest and no neighbors nearby to contaminate the darkness. I was in bed, just as tears started to fall down my face a bright light appreared at the foot of my bed, it was oval and about three feet high by 1 foot wide. It radiated peace... It was gone in about 3 seconds. It may have been an angel, or my dad... Who knows. All I know is it did not harm me, I was not frightened and I felt at peace.

If you are not frightened by the lights or the flower smells than most likely you have someone watching over you. (well, that's what I like to think!)

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: