You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Thought It Was My Dad

Real Ghost Stories

She Thought It Was My Dad

 

My house is the last house on earth that I would expect to be haunted. But this story makes me wonder. My grandmother told me that this happened about four years ago in 2007. It was only her and my baby brother, because she was babysitting him. I was at school along with my oldest brother, and my parents were at their jobs. Of course, newborns need to take naps. My grandmother was putting him to sleep in her room, and while she was putting him to sleep, she fell asleep too. After some time, she woke up. Realizing the baby hadn't been sleeping long enough, she closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep. But then she heard something.

She heard her doorknob twist. She opened her eyes and looked up. Her door opened slowly and quietly, and then a man appeared. He had peeked in, without making a sound. My grandmother was sure it was my dad, so she wasn't scared or worried. She said the man didn't do anything, and he looked as if he was just checking up on them. Since she said he looked exactly like my dad, I'll give you a visual of what the spirit looked like. He had dark facial hair, and was wearing a cap my grandma said. He was tall, and was wearing a plain shirt that was green with jeans. He had a dark moustache and dark eyes. When his eyes and my grandmother's met, he slowly closed the door very quietly and left. My grandmother called him, because she wondered what my dad was doing home so early. No answer. Everything was silent. She didn't hear any footsteps. Everything was in its place, just like it had been when my grandmother and the baby went to sleep.

She came out of the room and called his name again. No answer. There was not one living soul in the living room, in the kitchen, or upstairs. My grandmother assumed he had come to pick something up for work and had just checked on them. She went back to her regular life. Later that day, my brother came home along with my mother I, and then my father came home. My grandmother asked him what he forgot from work, because it must have been important considering he drives about one or two hours to and from his job to get it from home. He said he never came home until now. My grandmother was very confused.

My grandmother loves to tell this story now. It is very interesting.

A very odd thing though, during that week my grandmother saw this ghost, my cousin had died. But, it was before my cousin had died during that week. I never met this cousin, but by looking at his pictures, he looked nothing like my dad which was what this ghost looked like. I don't know, maybe it was an angel or something. I've never seen this spirit anywhere else. Sometimes my grandmother asks if I've knocked on her door at night. She's asked this quite a few times. One time, she said while she was sleeping at night, she felt someone kiss her on the forehead late at night. She thought it was me. I was sleeping though at the time she described. She also said at night that she saw someone who was all white and was glowing outside her window, and was wearing a hat.

I never have seen ghost who looked like my dad in my house. Actually, none of my family members have seen ghosts. I don't plan on wanting to either LOL. Anyways, I hoped you all enjoyed this story.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dandyxoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
[at] vulcan10 Yeah, I think that it's a doppledanger, yet the other explanations also make sense to me, so I technically don't know what it could have been either. Anyways, thanks for reading.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
taz890

Yes, all three theories make so much sense. So much to infer. Anyways, Thanks for reading and enjoying.:)
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-24)
Lilady4

Thank you for enjoying! Yes, there are so many theories about this. Glad you liked it:)
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-23)
Dandyxoxo, great story here. I began immediately thinking of the doppelganger theory, but then Javelina points out that it could have been a "Pre-Death Residual Haunting" or basically a replay.
As for the other activity, it could quite possibly be your cousin who visits your grandmother.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
great story enjoyed this one!
Have to agree with the othere comments here does sound like granny is intouch with the spirits and is being visited.

Also the pre~residual haunting sounds likely.

Thanks for sharing
Carl
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
So your saying it could have been a residual haunting of my father? That sounds real cool. I've actually heard of these kinds of hauntings before (not that specific name, but you know what I mean) It's really interesting that this happens, even when one is alive. Thanks for commenting!
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
[at] otter
She is actually my maternal grandmother. She isn't very familar with my dad's side other than his parents and siblings. Thanks for reading!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
I don't know what it might have been, but the doppleganger that I and two others saw was an exact replica down to the clothing and it interracted with us nodding and motioning, but come to think of it, it didn't say anything.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Dandyxoxo,
There is another theory that some of us here have tossed around now and then. Not of it being a doppelganger, as they aren't exact copies of the person. We have been sort of collecting stories similar to yours, and some of us think that it could be a "Pre-Death Residual". That's not an official name for it, I don't know if it's ever been named, I call it that because it explains what I mean.
When you consider a residual haunting is like a recorded video that replays itself either randomly or at the same time and place each time, but they don't interact with anyone or anything, they just repeat the same actions over and over. Like a section of a film that's been looped.
So if that is how a residual haunting is thought to be, why would the person have to be dead to be a residual? It's basically a replay, right?
Well, I'm putting this on my favorites and adding it to the list of other pre-residuals.
Thank you for sharing! 😊
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-20)
Hi
What an experience your grandmother had.
It possible that it was a dopperganger but then again who knows. Thanks for sharing it 😁
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Wonderful story! Is this your maternal or paternal Grandmother? If paternal, maybe she saw a distant relative of your Grandfathers!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Haha, you're welcome Dandyxoxo! I really enjoyed this story...
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
aiafaith1 Thanks. I believe she is sensative. I do believe it was an angel/doppledanger etc... Thanks for enjoying:)
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
DeviousAngel Thank you so much! Yes, I believe that this spirit could have been some sort of guardian... Or maybe a doppledanger as someone else has mentioned.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I think your right geetha50. My grandmother has experienced something after her mother died. Her son died also, maybe they could have been visiting those times that I've mentioned?
My grandmother is the one who just comes out of no where and asks whether we've called her, or if we heard a certain sound and none of us know what she's talking about. She has also experienced much more paranormal experiences other than this particular one I've told. I've never thought of it that way. I do believe he is sensative. Anyways, thanks for reading!
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
I agree with DA. Magnificent story! I was thinking maybe a doppleganger? Since you said he looked like youur dad... Or just a guardian angel or spirit. He doesn't seem to want to hurt anyone or cause trouble. 😊

Geetha50 is probaly right, I think that she might be sensitive too. Wow, amazing story. Thanks for sharing!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
Excellent story! Thank you for sharing it. I do believe it was some sort of guardian spirit, appearing in a form that wouldn't leave her feeling threatened.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
You said that your grandmother saw a ghost a few days before your cousin died; could it have been the ghost of your cousin checking on your grandmother but in a form that wouldn't scare your grandmother?

Also you mentioned your grandmother saw and felt other ghosts, did any event happen after she saw any of the other spirits like a birth, death, accident?

I believe your grandmother is a sensitive. I'm not just where I read or heard it but I heard that not only young children can see ghosts but older people like your grandmother could see them to.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: