You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Many Experiences In A Big Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Many Experiences In A Big Old House

 

When my mother was younger, she lived in a very old house. She's had many experiences there that she has told me, so I decided I'd speak of a few...

Every night, my mother would hear someone walking up and down the wooden stairs, but there would be no one there. One night, the whole family heard this. My mother and her siblings, were all in their mother's room (my grandma) with their mother. Then they heard those footsteps. They heard the footsteps walk towards their room, and the footsteps stopped right at their door, but no one came in. They were all scared and didn't open the door. Eventually, their father came home and everything was fine.

My mother had fallen asleep in the living room, and it was real late when she woke up. She decided to go to her room. But when she reached her door, she saw something in her room. It was all white, looking in her mirror. The ghost was about the size of a ten year old, and didn't have facial features because it was all white. The ghost saw my mother looking at him (or her) through the mirror, and it slowly turned it's head around to see my mother standing there. Instead of my mother being scared of the ghost, it was opposite. The ghost seemed scared this time, and ran away, and as it did it dissapeard.

One night, a couple years later, my mother fell asleep downstairs in the living room. She had woken up, and trying to go back to sleep she got this feeling that was like "don't open your eyes." My mother opened her eyes anyway, and she was facing the kitchen. She saw in the kitchen a man, who looked like he was dressed from the 60's, looking straight at her. He was sitting on a chair in the kitchen. My mother was scared and closed her eyes. When she decided to see if he was still there, she opened her eyes and he wasn't. My mother quickly ran from the couch and went up the stairs to her room.

My grandmother told me this experience, but it was in the same house. Once, she was lying down trying to sleep, when she felt someone touch her feet, as if they were massaging it. My grandmother looked and she saw not one soul. She ran out of the room.

Every night, as I have mentioned already, my mother would hear someone walking up and down the creaky stairs. She soon learned that before they moved there, a man had died falling down the stairs. Perhaps that was the ghost that my mother would hear walking up and down the stairs. Maybe it was the man my mother saw in the kitchen, or the white appearance? Oh, another thing to mention, they lived across the street from the cemetery. My mother told me that some of the tombstones were from the 1800's! Maybe that's how some of the ghosts got into the house.

Now, this house is long gone. It was knocked down years after they moved. I wonder where these spirits would have gone, since the house was knocked down. Well, I hope you enjoyed this story. Thank you for reading:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dandyxoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Good to hear that. Keep posting. Waiting for more stories.:D
Lexii234 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-04)
Hi You know that your mother had only experienced thing's in that house maybe the spirits rather lived there before there death or maybe in the worst places killed there

P.S loved the stories 😁
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
The ghosts may still be there. Ghosts can have an attachment to buildings, people, the land, or sometimes an item in the building.

Just depends on the spirit.

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it.

Peace
JustCurious
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Thanks for posting. Very interesting erxperiences indeed.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
raggedwolf, thank you for enjoying it! I often wonder this too...
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Swa, actually, my mother hasn't experienced anything anywhere paranormal in her life after she moved from that house. Thanks for commenting. God bless!
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
Thanks for sharing, a nice collection of various experiences. I often wonder if ghosts are attached to a building, or the location of a building.
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
That was a good story indeed. The spirits may have moved with you. Does your mother experiences the same happenings? Or is everything good? Thanks for sharing. God bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: