You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Man In Top Hat

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man In Top Hat

 

This story takes place in my new house and was from a few months back.

I have always heard Spirits (I hear them "telepathically" in my mind), and I sense them, but I had never before seen them. That is, until now.

I was lying down with my 15 month old son with the light off to get him off to sleep (that's how he likes to get to sleep). My husband was down the hall in the lounge with the light on playing his PS3 and waiting to come and get me, so he could take our son to his bed. The hallway door was shut and you couldn't see any light whatsoever.

Anyway, I was lying down with my son, with his Dreamlite (a Penguin nightlight that changes colors) on the end of the bed. My son was asleep by now, but I was waiting for my husband to come and get our son off to bed and off my arm, and so I could regain feeling in my arm.

I had had my eyes shut, but when I opened them I saw a solid outline of a man wearing a top hat, which at first I assumed to be my husband coming to get our son. I whispered my husband's name, but there was no response. By this stage, I was getting nervous. The "man" started moving from the doorway at the foot of the bed to the corner of the bed, and back out again. This "man" did this about 5 times.

I was really freaked out, but I didn't want to wake my son, so I closed my eyes and prayed that the "man" would go away. When I opened them, the "man" was still hovering around the doorway, and I swear I saw him smirking. After that, I grabbed my son and put him in his bed and ran to get my husband.

My husband can see Spirit and sometimes hears them. But he didn't think that there was anything to worry about.

I would love to know what you think because, frankly, I don't want this Spirit to come again.

Other hauntings by Lilady4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilady4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-17)
Lilady4: I can understand how this would be emotionally stressfull to you especially because it is in the same area as your young son.
I believe you received the smirk because it picked up on your intentions for it to get lost.
Like Miracles mentioned there is no doubt many differant entitites out there, for all we know it may have just been passing by or just 'walking through'and meant know harm it just picked up that it new you did not want it there. I hope everything from now on runs a lot smoother and happier within your home! 😊

Dan
Prosperina (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
I know how you feel for I've seen a shadow man wearing a top hat too but the one I saw was very shy and didn't want to be seen wheras yours sounds like quite the extravert. Let me ask you this: did you see this creatures eyes or any other feature besides its mouth? I ask because sometimes when we see shocking things our minds erase important details. Perhaps this creature meant not to frighten you but to try and communicate with you. I'm sorry I couldn't give you a more helpful answer.
Silverthorne (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
If you only moved in fairly recently, it could be a ghost that is attached to the home and is only just showing itself. They don't always make themselves known right away. I agree with using protection methods. If it made you uncomfortable, follow your instincts.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
The shadow people are so odd. Yes indeed, protection meditation and burn some sage, or sandalwood. Is there a site that explains shadow people?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
Miracles, as far as i'm aware, I wasn't going through any emotional stuff at the time (though we had only just moved in this new place about a month prior). You didn't offend me 😁.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
miracles,lol ok, I didn't want to leave you with that, that's why I explained. You made a valid point. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
spiritwaiting - it's okay 😊 I honestly would have just figured someone had a different opinion of my theories and disagreed, giving me a negative point LOL. Thanks for explaining, though 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
Miracles, I was trying to give you a positive vote, instead I pushed the negative one. I'm sorry. I really liked your comment on this one, it made a lot of sense. Hope you forgive.

Spiritwaiting.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-14)
Dear lilady, Miracles definitely has made a very good point. And these "Shadow People" seem to be very different. I have heard so many stories about them. They do all tend to do different things according to a situation, which leads me to say, they seem to be attracted to " Situations". Whether it be depression etc. You said you can hear, and sense spirit, and your husband can see them. Thats most likely what brought the shadow person there. I would recommend a prayer and protection light. Meditation for you and your son. "Shadow people" are also, drawn to children, because they can't truly defend themselves. I'm not trying to scare you, but try to use a protection prayer, it works.

Stay safe.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
Lilady - it seems there is nothing worse than feeling a threat to our children. And seeing a smirk from a Shadow Person would definitely make me feel it was a threat, even though a lot of cases of Shadow People seem benign. If it wasn't for the smirk, I'd wonder if it wasn't just a Shadow Man checking out the situation.

This is just my own theory, okay, so don't put much faith in it. I'm still trying to work it out. Being as there are so many different cultures and we each have our own religions, and in those religions we even have different belief systems. Add to that, we have different heritages and traditions. I am coming to believe that there are so many different types of Shadow People/Men out there that represent all of our cultures, etc and they are unique to specific situations. Which could explain why some of these Shadow Men don't interact (they're "the Watchers"); while others seem intent on terrifying their "victims"; and yet others, like this one, may not want to terrify you, but have a different agenda... One that is unknown.

It's become a subject that I am extremely interested in, and I find so many different types of Shadow Men that it just amazes me.

I'd like to ask you a personal question, if you don't mind. If you don't want to answer, it won't offend me. Have you been going through anything emotional recently? Some of the Shadow Men seem to appear during emotional times. Just a theory I'm working on 😊

And I also hope you don't encounter him again ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: