You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Hat Man Is Back

Real Ghost Stories

The Hat Man Is Back

 

Late last year I posted a story about a man who was later identified as a 'Hat Man' who had been following me. The past 5 months have been fine and I haven't seen him once until last weekend.

I was babysitting a friend's children, 3 year old Christian and 8 week old Alana. I had the kids fed and in the lounge room watching Disney Channel as I cleaned the kitchen. I could see the kids from where I was standing. Christian swinging his hips to an annoying tune playing on the TV and Alana sleeping peacefully in her bouncer.

I was loading the dishwasher when I looked up and couldn't see Christian anymore. I walked into the lounge to find a the shape of a little boy behind the curtain (still swinging his hips). I walked up behind him and grabbed him through the curtain startling, saying "What are you doing, rabbit?" He didn't jump at all, only moved the curtain so I could see him and put his finger to his lips and said, "Shhhh you'll scare in'pecta gadit (Inspector Gadget) away."

I bent down to his level and asked quietly who he was talking about. He pointed to the treeline (if you've read some of my other stories you'll know I live in the rural area of Darwin, and there is a lot of bush land around us.)

Sure enough, standing in the treeline, clear as a bell, was my supernatural stalker... I pulled Christian away from the window and went and locked all the doors. This was the first time that anyone else had seen him...!

About an hour later I still had both kids in the lounge room asleep and I was watching Law and Order. Alana woke up hungry, which in turn woke Christian up. I gave Alana her bottle and tried to put Christian back to sleep, who kept saying he wasn't going to sleep until he could go outside and play with in'pecta gadit (Inspector Gadget).

I told him that he wasn't allowed to and quizzed him about my stalker. Christian told me that he had only seen him on TV and that he wanted to go and play with him. He then told me that this inspector gadget wanted me to go out there too.

I really thought I had gotten rid of this thing!

Other hauntings by AussieChick95

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieChick95, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AmeliaEvans213 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-05)
Omg I can relate to this so much. For the past two years the Hat Man has been following me and last year he was all gray but this year he's pitch black. I finally told my friends about it and described the same man outside of their window or near them just watching. He is truly creepy.
horsegal (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-17)
Really creepy story. I would have packed up and taken the kids back to mine. Stay safe. God bless you
lovelight78 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-25)
Im in Mississippi and I ain't ever heard of this hat man yall are referring to. I'm curious. Could someone shed a little light on this subject for me, please... Great story though! Gave me the heebie jeebies.
AussieChick95 (10 stories) (40 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Thank-you for the comments guys!

Yes Rook!
I spent a birthday on the station in which one of the School teachers on the community gave me a little locket. She said that she had made it when she was my age but didn't have any daughters to give it too... I remember finding the locket in my mums jewelry box a week or two before I first saw this man... I don't remember having found it before this happened... (I lose Jewelry all the time) I'll ask Mum if she has seen it or found it recently! Thanks for the advice 😊 😊
ERizzy (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Oh my god! Hope this situation works out fine. *shivers* This is really creepy.

-ERizzy
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-06-22)
Argette - we have those dumb cut outs too!
But this is CREEPY. I hope Rook can help you, Chick.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
AussieChick,

I have gone back over your experiences and need to point out something... You have shared 3 experiences concerning a Shadow 'man'...in two of them he wears a hat... In the FIRST one you are 10 years old and it is crouched on top of a building when you see it.

Was this anywhere near your birthday or had you recently received a gift from someone... Something you still own? Something you come across every once in awhile... While it's 'put away' you do not have these experiences but once you 'find it' they start again?

Shielding yourself is important, please feel free to try the cleansing/shielding method posted on my profile... There are ways to cleanse/purify/shield objects as well and I will gladly teach you find these 'experiences' are happening due to an object you own.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Respectfully,

Rook

PS: Swimsfire...Don't worry about it... I take referrals as compliments. 😉
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
It's good to hear from you again Aussie Chick. Wow I thought you got rid of that guy. This really is creepy, a stalker hatman. Sooo... Rook probably, (sorry guy, but you DO seem to have all the right moves,) knows how to deal with this creetur. And the poor child, having the entity speak to him! Hope all goes well.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
Creepy, but fascinating. I know several people who say they have seen The Hat Man. In my part of the world, someone makes flat cutouts of a man with a hat leaning against something. He is usually attached to a tree in someone's yard. I have seen them all over Wisconsin. I have no idea if they are available in other parts of the country, but I think they are kind of spooky.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
AussieChick: aaaaaaa the heebie jeebies! 😆 I'm sitting here trying to rub the goose bumps off of my arms. Creepy. The guy is just plain creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: