You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Mother's Paranormal Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Paranormal Childhood

 

I am new to this site, so I'll try to tell this story to the best of my memory. There are three odd occurrences which my mother witnessed in her home.

My Mother grew up in a small home in Alabama. The house was genuinely nice, and welcoming from the outside. It was one storey with a large back yard, and 4 rooms. One night, my mother was studying for a test in school. She was alone in her room, and my grandparents were asleep. Suddenly, the drawers in the corner of her room began to shake, and the knobs were rattling violently. After a few minutes, they just stopped as if nothing had happened. My mother, being a very strong woman, shook it off, and went back to studying.

In the living room of my grandparent's house, they had a glass ash tray due to the fact that my grandfather smoked. One night, my mother and my grandfather were watching TV, when all of a sudden the ash tray began to shake. It wasn't just shaking though; it was rolling in a circle on its side. After a few minutes, it began to shake violently, then shattered, shooting glass all over the room.

Third, and finally: When my brother was five, he, my mother, and father were visiting the house. My uncle had bought him a remote control car as a present. One day, the car and remote were sitting on the table beside the whole family watching TV, when all of a sudden; the car drives off the table onto the floor. It started doing circles around the house, driving from room to room without hitting a thing. It drove for about two minutes, and then stopped.

When I was in the house, it always felt eerie. I always had a sense of something watching me or following me as I trotted down the hall. It did not seem malevolent, yet it was mischievous, so my mother decided to research the house. She found that an old woman had lived there for a very long time before falling off the front porch step, and dying. God Bless her.

So, that's all for now, but I have a few more stories of my mother's encounters. And yes, she is partially psychic.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RomanZ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taquihussain (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I want to know that is it still the happenings are going on or not. Hope its normal now 😁 😁 😁
Petersspirit (4 stories) (144 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hello RomanZ,

Like the other posters I much enjoyed reading your sharing. And indeed these are some spooky goings on which you and your mother and family members have experienced! It is probably that old lady playing with you guys, something I am planning on doing when I kick the bucket! I really liked the part where (she) drove your brothers remote controll car around the house... Imagine that!


Greetings,
Peter
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Your mother is strong indeed. I probably would have run out of the house like the wuss I am. When the ash tray broke, did it hit your mother or grandfather? Did your grandmother experience anything?
flora (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
wow that's so interesting but, I feel the same way like someone is on back of me or watching me all the time
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
A ghost that likes to shake things. Hmm... Very interesting. Could you elaborate more on your mother's psychic powers? Do you have any psychic ability of your own? I'm glad no one what hurt when glass shot all over the room. The spirit does sound pretty playful. It just seems to want your attention. I'm sorry, my comment is all over the place. I just want to say that you have some interesting encounters to share, and it was an enjoyable read.
boomgirl (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
i love the fact that you explain your early times all that horrible thing had apparently happened and you are in fact a great writer as I wish to be like you! I love it its like I can feel it emotionlly everything and like you iam hoping to write horrors and paranormal experiences of my imaginary life.perfect. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: