You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dad Called To Say Hello

Real Ghost Stories

Dad Called To Say Hello

 

This is my first post so please be easy on me.

Let me give you a bit of background on me. I was raised by my father until I turned 10 and then went to live with my mom. My story starts with the death of my father back in 2004. He died of cancer May 7. I have always had experiences throughout my whole life with the paranormal (I think I attract them) but back to my story.

My father and I were very close; it was just him and me for many years. What you should know is that my father had a Technorati and could not speak the last few days of his life. Well as you all know in June is father's day. Well father's day came and I was watching the 11:00pm news and they had a special on Father's. Well I started crying because I missed my dad so much and it was less than a month after he died. I turned to my husband and asked him if he thought my dad was ok and he replied of course he's fine he's in a better place without any pain now. I know this sounds selfish but I didn't want him to die even if it did put him out of pain. I wanted my dad in my life. But anyways I was looking at my phone and it started flashing that I had a message but the phone didn't ring. So I listened to the message and it sounded like someone was trying to say something but couldn't. It sounded just like my dad before he died. I freaked out and made my husband listen to it so I knew I wasn't crazy. He listened and said holy crap (not his exact words).

I know this isn't scary but I thought I would share it will all of you. I look at it as my dad called me on Father's Day to let me know he was ok and for me not to worry.

Thanks for reading my story. I have plenty more but will post at another time.

Cheers to all of you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stillfreakedout, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kkasher26 (5 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
He is your guardian angel you are very lucky to still have him by youd side
weezyluva808 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
i lost my dad back in '97 I was 15... 3 years later on his birthday I was VERY upset... Crying and just thinking about him and missing him ALOT. Later on that night I was in the living room alone when all of a sudden I felt a warm touch on my shoulder it was very comforting and loving. I know it was my dad letting me know that he's ok:) Then a couple nights ago he came to me in my dream... For some reason I was fainting and was calling him to help me, and he did. He stayed with me until I was ok... So I'm telling my dream to my mom and she told me that when she went to visit his grave a couple months ago she was talking to him jus letting him know that me and my sister are fine. I KNOW MY DAD CAMe TO ME IN MY DREAM TO MAKE SURE HIMSELF THAT I WAS OK. =)
applemunchkin18 (3 stories) (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
I'm sorry for your loss. Your dad didn't intend to scare you, he just knew that you'll never forget him no matter what. He loves you a lot, bear that in your mind.
Shaw (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
thats so sweet... He is with you all the time... You don't have to worry about him. He just wanted you to know that he is fine:)
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
thanks to be honest I haven't really liked my name to much. Lol. It is good to think your dad has contacted you I am happy that you have found peace of mind I hope you will live the rest of your life knowing that when you die you will see him in heaven.

All the best nathan ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Hi there, First I'm sorry about lose of your dad and I lost my too to heart attack I was only 17 when he died. It's not easy to lose a parent when they gone even we will see them again in heaven.
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
To everyone who has commented on my post thank you all very much for the kinds words. It touches me that none of you know me but yet you all have the kindest words to say. To any of you out there who have lost a loved one my heart felt condolences to all of you, and I hope that maybe one day you get that special message letting you know they are safe and well.

Thank you again.
Debbie.
P3ach3z98 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I am so sorry for your loss. I could feel how you felt when there was the special for dads on the news. I could feel that you felt lonely and missing a part of you. I am so sorry.
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
This made me smile due to a similar experence after my mother died. Her and I were all each other had, and she held on for 18 years because of that. It took her meeting my now husband to know that I would be taken care of for her to rest and pass on. She was very sick, I spent my whole life, from age five, caring for her. So I understand that feeling of not wanting them to pass despite it being a "relief from pain". I had an extremly hard time copeing the first year. My mom came to me in dreams and held me while I cried and told her I missed her. She was there in the hospital when I gave birth to my son. I saw her and my husband felt her. Your story brought me a flood of emoition and I thank you for that. ❤
Blessed Be.) o (
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
I too lost my father and mother to cancer, I know how you feel and how tough it is to deal with, I am happy for you that your Dad managed to contact you on fathers day... You guys must have a special bond and love ❤...Try not to beat yourself up with the last few days of your dads life, I too did this and it always ended up in tears... I think we have to remember the good times we had and I'm sure he would want you to live your life fullest, thanks for sharing mate...

Daz ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
stillfreakedout, A very touching story, this was a special sign for you I believe to confirm in your heart that he is there still watching over you. He sounded like a great man taking care and raising you and your 2 sisters by himself, what a champ! 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
a beautiful ending. I really hope this brought you some peace and reassurance that he is at peace, and yes - keeping a watc
Hful eye on his earthly family.

Great story, thanks for sharing

Peace x
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Broomsticked,

Like I said in my post I think I attract them. I don't know. All I know is that since the age of 5 or 6 I have had experiences where ever I go or have lived. I wouldn't even know where to start to try to help people. I never claimed that I knew what I was doing. I just don't understand why, if it is paranormal. I have never dabbled in anything.
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Taz890,

Thank you for commenting on my post. Yes, this story is short and sweet but 100% true. I know he is with me not in body but in my heart. I know he's watching over all of us.

May 7, 2004 at 11:55am is when he passed... Two weeks before his 65 birthday.

I do have to say that since his passing (I have his ashes) more activity has been happening in my home.

I will post more stories when I have a few extra mintues.
boomsticked (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
so your telling me that you think you attract them if
You can help people out make them go into the better place (if you can)
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
stillfreakedout thank you for shearing a touching story, and as all the others I'm sorry for your loss but at least you know he is with you, can hear you and will try to comfort you too 😊

Also as javelina said scary does not mean true, the feelings that come through a story like this show it is true.
And one more point you added the date of his passing, true it could have been any date but if it was not true then a more "speical" date would have been used, christmas, a birthday or wedding day to gain the simpathy vote.
But you put "may 7th" nothing else to add to it just that was the date! So long story short~ a short story can be true as a long one can be fake its the way it comes across that matters

Carl
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi 510mot,

Reading your reply made me smile. Thank you for letting me know that something similar has happened to you. I know what you mean by the heart knows but the brain doesn't want to acknowledge. Thank you again to all of you for the kind words. It is nice to have people to share my stories and thoughts with.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
This story was particularly attractive to me because I have something similar happen to me. As I said in my story (Wait I still have Questions) my mind struggled but my heart was certain. The timing and the lack of a ring coming from your phone back up what your heart already knows. Dads always look out for you. Beautiful story, thanks for sharing.-Mike
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Javelina,

Thank you for responding. My dad was the most precious person to me. He raised me by himself and as a single man (father) that is really tough to raise a daughter but not just me my other two sisters as well. He was a very special man to many. And yes, you are right I miss him dearly.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
stillfreakedout,
Thank you for bringing your story here, it doesn't have to be scary to be true, there are others like yours here also, and all of those are treasures as well. I think it was the sweetest thing your father could do at that moment. He felt how your heart was breaking and like any good father, he found a way to comfort his baby girl.
I'm sorry for your loss and the pain you've gone through from losing your father, he had to be special to have someone miss him so much.
Thank you again. ❤ ❤

Javelina ❤
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Thank you DeviousAngel,

I too agree that it was his way to say goodbye. Hopefully one day I will see him again on the otherside. 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Thanks for sharing this story. I am very sorry for your loss as well. I agree with Nathan, it's perfectly normal for you to miss him and wish he was still alive. I agree that this was his special message to you, to let you know he's somewhere better and that he loves you.
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Nathan,

Thank you for reading my post. I thougth that as well with regards to maybe it was someone else, but at the same time no one calls my house that late unless it is an emergency, and the noise that was made on the phone did sound just like my father. It was the only thing that made any sense in my mind, that it was him saying that he was fine because like I said he couldn't say goodbye in words. By the way you have a great name... My son's name is Nathan.

Have a great day.
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
i am sorry for your loss. It is never easy when you lose someone so close to you. It is not selfish that you want him back, eveybody wants someone they have lost back especially when they have only died a month ago. It is good to think that your dad was contacting you. That shows just how much he cares about you. I don't mean to sound rude or anyhting but is their any chance that the phone call might of been from someone else. But then again you said it sounded like your dad before he died so I won't argue with you.

I wish you all the best

Nathan ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: