You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Cat Friends

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Friends

 

It was a sunny, clear, Saturday in June. The temperature was 72, and still rising. My mom was at work, so I was left home with my dad and the animals. "When you're done with those dishes, why don't you take the critters out in the backyard to play? They could use the exercise; especially that freaky cat of yours...", Dad said. "Ok...", I replied, washing a fork. Then, he left to go make some deliveries.

About ten minutes later, I had finished the dishes and was picking at my now, ruined nail polish. I went and opened the door so the cat and dog could go out. The dog burst out of the house, while the cat walked cautiously out, hoping that the dog wouldn't chase her back in. Unfortunately, that's what happened. So I got up and carried the cat out. She squirmed in my arms, trying to run over to where the graves for our other animals were. I leaned down and placed her by them. Her eyes started to follow something, and she zoomed after it, going behind me. "She probably saw a toad...", I thought to my self.

Letting the cat roam about, I knelt down, and prayed. Suddenly, I heard meows come from behind me, but they couldn't have all been from one cat because they all sounded at the same time. I immediately thought of strays. That scared me because I didn't want a cat fight going on, and I especially didn't want my cat getting hurt. I heard them again, but this time I could hear them more clearly. They all sounded different from each other, and they were so familiar to me. I spun around and saw a breathtaking sight; my two cats that had passed away were playing together with my current cat. They were rolling, and tumbling along on the bright, green, grass, under the sun. It was so peaceful. My eyes watered, and when I blinked, they were gone. My cat got up and sat on my lap purring.

Ever since that day, I've seen them playing out of the corner of my eye. It always reminds me that I'm not alone.

Other hauntings by cozard271

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cozard271, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Thanks for the story, I have to admit tears came to my eyes 😢 it is so weird how animals can sense and commuicate with other animal's spirits. I love animals so much, and they are more than a pet but like family. I have a stub tail calico cat named Prissy, my husband and I have had her since she was six weeks old. I am just glad that your cat knew the others spirits were there and was able to play with them, maybe that was there way of letting each other know that even though you have a new cat, that your cat understood that they would always be in your heart. Sorry about all the babling. 😊
SapphireWings (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Beautiful...so touching. *Sniff* When my cats die, I hope they visit me. That would make me really happy. 😊

Love, SapphireWings ❤
BaD (4 stories) (54 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-14)
I love stories about passed animals, cats especialy. I would have cryed too. But I don't think I could have brung myself to blink. I would be afraid they would leave. But that is such a touching story.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
Snivel... That was touching! I feel the same way with my cat, who passed away. I always see her out of the corner of my eye.
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-13)
That was such a touching story! I loved it. It's so great that your cats came back to visit you. If that was me, I would cry and cry full of joy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: