You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Angry House

Real Ghost Stories

Angry House

 

The house we currently live in has never felt like home. We started looking for a new house in March. We found an amazing house and will be moving as soon as the ink is dry.

In the meantime, however, we are still here. And the house seems angry at us.

About two weeks ago I was packing some out of season clothes. Brad wasn't home, just me and the beasties here. As I was folding up clothes, I heard a male voice ask "you moving?" I told myself it as just the cat meowing, and my mind looking for words in her meows.

That night I had a nightmare. I kicked the thing in my nightmare, and kicked for real, hard enough that I hurt my knee and woke myself and Brad up. After we settled back in, something yanked the comforter off the bed and tossed it across the top of the cat carrier by my dresser, maybe 3 feet. Brad grabbed the cover and put it back on the bed.

Two nights later, as we were trying to go to sleep, Brad asked me what I had said. I told him nothing, go to sleep. He insisted that I had said something. I thought maybe it was just one of the new residuals the house has recorded. There is a residual of my voice in the bedroom now. I explained that to Brad, that the new residual was maybe what he'd heard. He told me "Not your normal voice. Your voice now. All raspy." I had a cold at the time, and sounded a lot like Marge Simpson's sisters. It was kind of strange that something was speaking in my sick voice.

This next bit, I will have to explain something that happened back in February in order to explain why this is even frightening.

One evening in February, Brad had gone out to feed the dogs. While he was outside, he noticed movement outside the fence. He looked up, and saw a black figure watching him. This figure then made a loud wail, something between a howl and a scream, and turned and ran for the woods. Brad describes the movement as more of a glide than a run. He came back inside, and immediately started asking me what the requirements would be for a banshee visitation. Reasonable question after experiencing that, although I doubt it was a banshee. Ok, there's the backstory.

The night after Brad heard my raspy voice speaking, I was in bed dozing off. Brad was beside me playing Playstation. I heard a horrible sound outside, a cross between a scream and a howl, and sat straight up. I wasn't sure if I had really heard it, or if it was just another nightmare. I asked Brad if he'd heard it, when the sound happened again, farther away. He told me that was the same sound he'd heard that night he had the experience with the black figure. We heard the scream again, again further away.

If it wasn't that figure in February, I would happily write off that scream as a bobcat, I've seen their tracks in our woods. Maybe a bobcat is all it was this time, we weren't outside to see it. After some of the other things going on, I'm finding myself easily rattled.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BadJuuJuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
A very well put and written statement there Trix! I agree with you whole heartedly. Well done! 😊 ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Oh no... Now I won't know how the loonies ended this. I'm on this site for some time and there are wonderful people here sharing experiences. I love YGS. Why do some people have to be so cruel to others? I love this site, and never did I witness any of the loonies taken over the whole site. They do have fun sometimes. What is wrong with that? I just ask myself now... Does everyone just have to be so dam serious all the time. Even if they have fun here nobody hijacked the story in such way that no one can comment on it. Light up guys' life is so short, so why do you want to fight it away? Why can't we give some space for one another and respect one another, and give comments to one another no matter what? Love you Loonies! Trix. With respect.
BW63 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
I accept your apology, JustCurious. Thank you for that.

Peace,
Bill
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Alright. I accept that proposal to move locations.

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
BW63 - well I apologize for goin off on the way I did, I just have had to put up with 'trolls' on other sites, and when I see activity that seems similar to that I go into 'defense' mode if you would. So as long as you accept my apology I'll try not to argue this anymore

Peace
JustCurious
BW63 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
JustCurious, thank you for that. I have only posted three times on this story because all of the other times I came here without an ID. I have been coming to YGS for years without making an ID, and it is only in the past months that it seems like there has been a change.

I am not trying to ruin anyone's fun. I just think that there are social networks like FaceBook that are better suited for that, and all of this falderal on YGS takes away from real people talking about real things.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
and BW63, you may want to rethink trolling at our fun before doing it again, I highly doubt that this so called 'foolishness' by your terms is going to end because of your attempts to stop us

Peace
JustCurious
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
BW63 - I apologize then. I got a different impression from your last post. I can understand a frustration that someone else could get from most of the comments coming up, but the thing I realize is you have only made about 3 posts, and all 3 are in this story.

I apologize that a couple people that want to have fun aren't able to do it because there are a few people that'll be upset at the influx of comments blocking up the main feed.

I personally don't watch the main feed. I just click the stories that interest me off from their titles on the right hand side and see how I can help them.

But as I stated in my last post. Friends are entitled to having fun, and unless there is a guideline that frowns upon it, I think people are going to continue doing it.

I'm not trying to come across as harsh, I'm just stating my opinion and I apologize if you find it harsho or anything like that, but I have stated my opinion and sticking by it.

Peace
JustCurious
BW63 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
JustCurious, it isn't about YOU paying attention, it's about the fact that all of this play clogs up the comments page so that when a person like me logs on, all we see is foolishness. Can't you people do it on Facebook or something?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
BW63 - Incase you haven't noticed, We are still paying attention to the other stories. We are still offering help. We still are doing what we can to offer advice. Dont come around here acting like we arent doin a thing to help and get at us about it. Yes, we have fun here, and yes we still help. Its balancing out the ability to have fun with friends, and help out those that need it.

I'm done with my two cents.

Peace
JustCurious
BW63 (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Never mind. You and your friends seem to have taken over the site, Have fun, be merry, don't worry about any of the real stories, as long as you have your feel-good marathon, playing around, everything is fine.
BW63 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
why is this story dominating the comments section? I don't understand.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
JustCurious finally finished working on his project and strapped it to his back and walked back around the corner to show them. It was a launcher, capable of launching anything that was put into it at the target that his eyes were looking at based off where the googles read his eyes looking. "Hows it look?" He asked. Not aware if he took the last can or not
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
JustCurious walked back around the corner and tossed the empty Dr. Pepper can away. "almost done" he said as he grabbed another can and walked back to the back of the building.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
JustCurious walks over to the side and grabs a Dr. Pepper. He proceeds to then walk around to the back of a nearby building and then all the others could hear is the process of hammers and saws and flashes of welding while JustCurious goes to work.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I'm not trying to be the "fun police". I was simply stating that whereas the author may not be offended, and I am not personally offended by any subject matter, I think it has simply gone on too long and has essentially become spam. As long as it is ok with Martin then I suppose you guys can do whatever you want.

And yes, we all go back and forth occasionally with fun comments and silliness and whatnot; there's nothing wrong with that. But you guys are onto several pages of a community "role play" now. It is truly quite distracting.

And Javelina, since you are so deeply inclined to be snarky toward me all the time, I would just like to say that I truly hope that the anger you harbor toward people such as myself is resolved within your heart. It is really unhealthy to hold onto such emotions simply because someone does not see through the same filter that you do. I am flattered that you would expend such energy to be so angry toward me, something which is clearly seen through the upset tone in your replies to just about anything I say these days, but I truly hope that you can achieve emotional and spiritual harmony in the future. ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Thanks Darkness... Cosmo wipes a hand across her forehead. Pheww that was a close one. And as the cage crashes to the ground, she looks at Darkness and says."I do love them Smashing noises. Hey let's go make some mud pies!" Cosmo joins Jav and the others and sees that she is pitching out beers. I think I need a martini Jav... An extra dirty one. 😆
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Hi, my guilt is going to course me reading some stories first though. How is that? Others is going to sit in front of the TV watching soapies while I will prefer to sit and check out Munchie Crunchies played by the YGS loonies... See you later. Trix. 😆 😆 😆
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Next on Loonies Day Out... The Continuing Story of the Dwarfs Attack on the Trolls stronghold. Brought to you by Munchie Crunchies...
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Hey there, I'm so glad Martin was so generous to give you permission to continue your 'loonie' mission. Ha ha ha... I really enjoy your energy and daring spirit. You go guys! It's nice to have some fun also. Laughter is the best tonic in life. I have to go clean the house now, but will definitely be back to see what's happening next. I wish you luck and joy. Trix. 😆 😆 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Yep Jav I yell, throw us one of those naughty tinnies you got there in that swag of yours for me aussie and stace wouldya luv, this drop bear is bloody going nuts up here!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Rook whispers his instructions to the Dwarfs as he scoops out large handfuls of Mayo onto their hands...

Meanwhile the Trolls, having heard the Carnival Music as the mini-tram approaches their stronghold, have emerged to see what is going on...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
~saunters over to a near by corn crop and blows a slow flame out of her left nostril to make popcorn out of the corn and trots back with "popcorn on a stick" for everyone~
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
...as he reaches into a brown paper bag he's carrying. He lifts out a gigantic jar of mayonnaise. The smile playing on his lips turns into a deep 'evil' chuckle.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Carnival Music fills the air as the mini-tram picks up speed and heads directly towards the Trolls stronghold.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
watches as a mini tram full of Dwarfs wizzes past him towards the troll, jumping back so they don't run over his feet. "Wow" he said
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
As long as the author is okay with it, and it doesn't clog the comment section, or take away from other posts... 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Yells out to Cosmo Hahaha what are you doing down there snot face? (a little drop dead fred joke we share lol) I drop a rope that I find in the back of Miss Demeanor looking all sad and wet she scurries up the rope and flops on to the floor! Just then the last bolt to the Golden Drop Bears cage drops to the floor! Right! Now I need a beer and many! Looks towards Aussies direction.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Devious that's a fair question and I guess your not to know... Martin has given permission to do it here as long as the author is ok with it... I don't want to see a fight between you too... You both have a lot to offer here and I hope that you can agree to disagree... Peace guys Lol ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Guys and gals: Remember what Martin's response was to my e-mail?... ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: