You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tall Back Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Back Figure

 

I have lived in this home since 1984. Through the years I have seen numerous apparitions including a thin blond woman, a small child (male) and a cat. I have also seen what appears to be brightly lit balls of light. Many visitors have also seen these apparitions as well. Although I am not really frightened by these apparitions, I would prefer not to see them at all.

About a year ago I had surgery on my right rotator cuff and my daughter was spending the night with me, sleeping in my bed in case I needed something. When I awoke the next morning, I found her in the guest room sleeping with her three small boys. When I questioned her, she told me that something kept trying to pull her by her throat out of the bed. She was terribly frightened.

A couple of months later, my son was spending the night in the guest room and complained the next day that something pulled him from the bed and seemed to be taking him all over the room and even out into the hallway. He was so frightened that he told me he'd never spend another night in this house.

Then last March a friend was staying in my guest room because he was down for the Jazz and Heritage Festival. Around two in the morning he burst into my room, turned on the overhead light, and appeared very white and pale. He said something (he called it a force) was attempting to pull him up into it's chest. He was literally terrified and he slept in my room with the overhead light on.

Now, for the past month, I will hear a clicking sound close to my ear at times. One Sunday afternoon I lay down for a nap and I felt a heavy pressure lying on top of my body. I attempted to reach for the bedside lamp but was unable to move. Then I hear a voice in my head say PRAY. I began saying the Lord's Prayer, but the voice coming from me sounded deep and gutteral... Not my voice at all. I continued to pray, and I was finally released.

Then last week I lay down and felt as though something was staring at me. After I turned out the lights, I saw this very tall, black figure walking across my room at the foot of my bed. He was turned sideways to me as he walked across my room. I saw this very clearly. I am now terrified of this thing. I don't think it is a ghost or a poltergeist, but a demon. Out of the blue, I will hear the clicking sounds close to my ear, and I have come to believe the noise is coming from this thing. It almost sounds like fingernails clicking.

I would like to hear from other readers who have experienced this sort of thing and what did they do about it. I am actually living in fear in my own home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lindypsych, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Velrouix (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-29)
I don't want to give you the wrong advice here, so I'd like to start by asking you a few questions. Is this tall black figure virtually featureless not unlike a silhouette in that you can't see details beyond the darkness of it's appearance? If it's looking at you, are you unable to see a face or eyes, but can tell it's looking at you because of a feeling you receive like you're being penetrated accompanied, if not over casted, by uncontrollable fear? Is the entity muscular in appearance, not necessarily like a body builder, but athletic in appearance? If you answered no to any of this then my advice may only make things worse, however is still valid in most cases when it comes to demons, in general.

You see, I was visited repeatedly by an assortment of beings which very closely, from the sound of your description, resemble those you've described. I've seen many child sized ones, average adult sized ones, a few that ranged from 7-10 feet in size, approximately, and one which stood above the peak of the tippy top of my best friends house. I met a friend who witnessed them repeatedly independently when we were 12 prior to our meeting, and several friends who have seen them only when around me. I gladly show them off to friends when they appear. You see I no longer fear them because I know their secret. It is one carried by almost all demons. They have no power over you, but that power which you give to them. I realized their trick, and I turned it against them. I have personally fought off several demons with one easy trick. Over power them with your will. Show them that yours is greater than theirs. They oddly seem to respect that, even if they don't like it. They feed off human energy, the easiest and most powerful to invoke is anger and even more easily evoked is fear. When they attempt to feed off of you they attach themselves to you. They don't want you to know this because it can be turned against them. Once you identify the sensation this attachment gives you, begin using it to such energy from them. I haven't found the energy useful, but they don't like it being taken from them. Every time they've tried and I pull energy back they immediately server the connection and run. I tell each that they don't know who I am and it is clear because they've arrogantly and ignorantly come to steal from me what belongs to me in my world where they are powerless, and that that was a miserable mistake. They don't like threats, but when the action of losing power they're struggling to feed on, and then some of their own, they seen to take it quite a bit more seriously. I've received many empty threats from demons as I attempt to sleep, but I give them fair warning that this is not a fight they want. Sometimes they turn to those close to me but I make my presence known and try to make my own connection to them to consume their own energy. I don't know if I've ever been successful, but they leave when I tell them to.

Your first step will be to overcome the fear. Second identify the sensation of their connection, realize that they are using your own mind to generate fear. Third let them know you're on to them. Then imagine that you're pulling energy from them, feel that you are from every point on your body. If they're in your head you're in theirs just as able to intrude upon their being. Once the slightest bit of energy is drained from then or the fight becomes a tug of war they will give up no matter how big our powerful they are. You must never give in to fear with them again and let them know who is boss. This is your world, it is here that you were born to rule, free to posses power within it, and it is they who struggle to squeeze into it and to take things which really are not theirs. Do not allow your mortal innocence to betray you. They are not as you were told. They are powerless here, unless you give them the power to be here by submitting to their will. Note, they will not necessarily go away right off forever. It is quite likely that they will return again. What ever you do, no matter what happens, do not surrender. You must prove yourself superior as you are. Think of their return as a second chance at practice. Enjoy the battle, crave it. Think of it as an opportunity to fight and potentially gain a slave. This appears to reverse the roles considerably, especially when you feel that you are looking forward to the fight to destroy what you hate, to consume and enslave it's power for yourself. Doubt you'll succeed, but when you become the hunter they come to know you and fear you. Happy hunting brother.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I agree with Epic fail in that symbolism can bear power, however be sure that any object/ritual you chose to use in the banishing this negative entity be one in which you place strong faith. I doubt following a christian ritual will help if you aren't a believer in that particular religion. (Just an example) Belief is what gives a symbol its strength. Being from Louisiana myself I have noticed these aggressive type entities cluster the closer you get to Nola. Do you live nearby?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I am curious about what this black entity wore. I've seen more stories about this tall black spirit just watching and never actually harming anyone. I actually think these balck beings with the coats and top hats are the astral regulators, or cops if you will.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I don't know why, but phantom clicking fingernails sound scary. Did your children ever live in that house with you before they grew up? A lot of people like to throw the domon word around; but due to the violence caused by this entity, I might actually agree with you. As others have said, a nice blessing might help. Good luck to you in the future.
Compadre (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Same man as at my place, and the one my mother and her siblings saw when they were young? He's tall and very thin, very old. Wears a dark baggy suit, sometimes a top hat. His hair is like that of Ebenezer Scrooge in the original B & W movie--very thin, bald on top, but long on the sides. Big teeth, due to receding gum lines. Almost looks emaciated, but has a LOT of energy and stamina... Not slow nor weak in movement nor appearance. Is this the same guy?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Lindypsych,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. As you can see the advice ranges from 'not sure what to do' to 'have the house blessed by a Priest'. Both are honest replies to your situation, I would however like to ask a few more questions as you may be able to rid your home of this...'entity' on your own.

First: You stated that for years you've had experiences in your home but here recently they have turned... For lack of a better word...'violent'. I have to ask this... What caused you to need this surgery? It seems either this event, or something in your Daughters life 'sparked' the 'new atmosphere' in your home.

Second: What do you 'feel' when you hear these sounds? The clicking fingernails?

Third: Other than scared or out right fear, which is understandable, what did you feel when you saw this dark entity walk across your room?

I ask these questions in order to help determine if this is Truly a negative entity (possible a 'demon') or just an 'upset spirit' as each needs to be dealt with differently.

There are ways you can attempt to 'Banish' negative entities/energies from your home that do not involve a Church or Clergy. I say this because I do not know your religious background. Please just ask and I will post different techniques for cleansing and shielding your home.

Respectfully,

Rook
icychill (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I do Agree To all of them. Have a priest bless your house.

BTW. What is the sound of a fingernails clicking? 😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Lindypsych,
I suggest staying away from any thoughts of the demonic. But I do agree with having a priest over to bless the house.

Jav
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Lindypsych: I want to say that the voice inside your head could've easily been your Spirit Guide or Guardian Angel. These entities will tend to help you out when you most need it. I'd say bless your House and have a Priest come around and do the blessing of your house for you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Sorry to hear about your demonic infestation problem, this being or beings are without a doubt malevolent in nature, it seems to me that this house may have been the demonic hub BEFORE you moved there. Or it could be that someone or something followed you or a relative home. Its hard to. Tell. You need to see a learned scholar or priest to come and cleanse the house of unclean spirits. They have no right to scare you and your guests. Try reading a prayer before going to sleep. Keep your home clean at all times. But main thing is to speak to a preistASAP, before things start getting worse. Next time you feel its presence tell it to piss off back from whence it came, actually DONT, you might piss him off! LOL!

The clicking sound IS him or it, without a shadow of a doubt. These beings have weird wys of scaring you, but the thing is, have faith and try to be strong and it will fear YOU!
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Maybe you should consult someone who knows about these things. One of my friends brought me to a psychic when I had a problem similar to yours, and even though I'm still skeptical of psychics she helped me get rid of what was trying to harm me.

A priest in your case would be a good bet, as they have a base in demonology, or someone who knows a lot about ghosts and things that go bump in the night, because it may not be a demon at all.

You need to know what it is you're dealing with before you can know how to handle it.

In the meantime, burn one of the tall, white Virgin Mary candles while you sleep at night. Symbolism is a very powerful thing, but you need to believe in it wholeheartedly.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: