You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Visitation From A Big, Shiney... Blob?

Real Ghost Stories

Visitation From A Big, Shiney... Blob?

 

This is a shorter story. It was maybe a week or two after my episode with the angry bear. I know this because I remember thinking that it was the bear again, and I was a little... Weirded out by it because instead of black and tentically it was white. Now, I'm not even really sure of what I saw, if it was anything at all.

Alright, now that I've got you folks on the edges of your seats (don't lose your grips on them now) I'll tell you the entire story, short little blip its going to be.

A few days after the Angry Bear had been assuaged, I was finally sleeping with the light off again and actually getting some sleep, for that matter. It was awesome. I felt great!

Then, one night, I was awoken from the middle of a dream into full awareness, and I don't mean as in a groggily stated: "Ugh, I'm up..." I mean a full on: "Wow, I'm awake, I'm so awake it's as if I've just had an entire OCEAN of coffee!" Not the jitters, though, just the BAM! I'M AWAKE feeling.

So, since I had nothing better to do with my night (because who the bleep wants to sleep at night anyway?) I sat up in my bed and right smack in front of me, right between the dresser at the end of my bed and the one by the wall right next to it is this big white...blob. It was just standing there, just hangin' out. I, having had my fill of the paranormal for my lifetime, and having the experience also to know that if you turn on a light the vision will at least go away, reached way back behind me and turned on my bedside lamp. When I looked back, though, it was still there.

The vision itself was a little hinkey, to tell the truth. It was as if it emitted its own light, but at the same time kept that light contained within itself, and didn't share it with anything else.

So, since the light was on and since it was still there despite the light, I said a quick prayer and asked it a few simple questions. I figured hey, if I didn't get the same 'I'm going to maul you' feeling from it, then why not? I started out with, "why are you here," and, "who are you," but I didn't get any replies, so I just sort of gave up and sat watching it. It didn't really do anything much.

It stayed there, making (but not sharing) its own light, and within the light of my lamp, for a good hour and a half and then, quick as a snap, it just vanished. It was as if it simply was never there to begin with. As soon as it vanished, I began feeling sleepy again, and almost as soon as my head hit that pillow I was asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I checked the spot at the foot of my bed where it was standing, and my sock drawer (in the dresser that was against the wall, facing my bed) was pulled out so that it met with the dresser in front of it at the foot of my bed. Nothing could have been standing there without breaking my sock drawer.

What do you guys think it was? Looking back on it I could have had a waking dream. Have any of you folks ever experienced something like this?

Other hauntings by epic_fail

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, epic_fail, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
red: I'll keep that in mind. I like lavandar, maybe I could make tea from it, too? Or maybe I shouldn't...I don't think its poisonous to humans, but then I don't know for a fact...

Watermoon: thanks! I have a thing for writing, so I'm glad that the way I write my experiences amuses! ❤
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
yup I have had it happen to me several times and when it does happen I just roll my eyes and go back to bed I need my sleep 😊 I also like the title it catchy and different.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
you can also hang lavender outside your door like dried in a bundle and a ribbon holding them together. Also plant it outside next to all the doors that lead into the house to keep ghosts from coming inside. If I didn't live in 1000 degree weather I would do it.
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
BadJuuJuu: I think your crackpot theory makes the most sense, lol!

And lavender incense. Thank you so much! I'm so excited to have something to use that won't be so harsh on my mum.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Oh hey that is actually a clever theory. Maybe it was the light version of the bear saying thank you that you allowed it to be brought over. Huh. That is actually as good as theory as anyone can get because I honestly have no clue what else it could have been.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Well, here's my crackpot theory of the day.
Since this happened so soon after the angry bear incident, I think it was the same bear paying you a visit to let you know that he's ok, and no hard feelings. Sometimes when our actions put a spirit at peace, that spirit will come back for a final goodbye. I believe that may be what happened.
Also, since sage gives your mom a headache, you could try lavender incense. It works pretty good, and doesn't have as sharp a scent as sage.
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
bacchaegrl: My sock drawer is on the floor, but it is possible that I was still dreaming. I said in the story that I was pretty tired by then, and it was possible I was dreaming.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
this was has me stumped. I love how you explained that it was just hanging out LOL. I don't know what this was but it didn't seem mean and hopefully it doesn't come back. I don't know
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I like your stories. You tell them well, with a hint of humor. Very fun to read. As for the blob, was it perhaps something in your drawer? That's happened to me before, waking up in the night and thinking I see something weird, when it is really just my dreams projecting an image over an every day object. I know you said you were wide awake, but you could have still been in a dreamy state. Just something to think about. Thanks again for sharing!
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
SPECTRA: Haha, I only have a few stories, but since I found this site, I'm posting them en masse. I suppose you're right about the 'just a dream' statement, but I still have to question it because of how quickly I woke up and was alert as well as how quickly I fell back to sleep after it disappeared.

Lynrinth: This thing was just hangin' out, haha, nothing bad came of it, so I suppose it's welcome to visit again if it wasn't a dream. I do hope this sort of thing doesn't happen a lot anymore, though, that bear was the most I would ever want to experience. Ever.
Is there a way to clear out residual energy? I've used sage before because it purifies, but it gives my mum a headache.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
I think since the 'Angry Bear' incident, your home, or residue of sorts of paranormal energy, may be attracting other 'visitors' now. It does make sense. Where there is one energy occupying a space, it vacates, leaving behind some lingering energy, maybe attracting others now. Just a theory. Hopefully this will not happen again. A lot. Or at all. Time will tell.
I_Am_SPECTRA (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
Wow. That is quite an amazing thing to see. I have no idea what it was and I've never seen anything like it myself. I've read your 'Angry Bear' story too. Interesting things seem to happen to you 😁 All I know is; there's a lot more to this world than meets the eye and not everything that can't be fully explained is 'just a dream'. Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: