You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hair Bows

Real Ghost Stories

Hair Bows

 

Last year I had encountered my very firsat paranormal experience. It was a weekend like any other, just a lazy day. Around Midnight we started shutting down the house. As I walked into my room, I remembered something, a question for my father I had forgotten to ask.

I turned around and walked back toward the livingroom. I passed the closed windows, although I felt a strange breeze blowing through it. I ignored it, it didn't seem important at the time. A bit of moon light was shining through the window parallel to the other. The light shone lightly on the wall adjacent to me, and I saw my shadow.

I paused, there was something... Off about the shadow. I gave it a double take and gasped. I had my curly hair tied up in a messy bun on the back of my head and I was wearing a crummy short and cloth shirts for bed. The shadow had straight frizzy hair that fell on her shoulders. A large bow was positioned neatly on the top of her head, it was nearly the size of her face. She was wearing a nightgown, from what I could tell. It had puffy sleeves and lace around the edges, but that was all I could see.

Automatically, adrenaline started flowing through my veins. I screamed loudly, "Oh my god!" and ran to my room as fast as I could. Normally my scream would have woken someone, but no one arose to see what the problem was.

It was all a mystery to me, and I am not one to believe in ghosts. I am one of those people who laugh at those sort of things, though I always did have an interest. I have not seen anything else remotely paranormal, or at least anything I could not explain, to this day. But I am still slightly cautios around leaving my room at night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HannahLeigh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
JustCurious, I think you are picking up on the fact that the poster says "we" were just shutting down the house (which I presume to mean the poster and her dad), and then she was going back to the livingroom to ask him a question, but suddenly screamed and ran to her room. Presumably, her dad was still up and in the livingroom so that she could ask him her question, but then she says no one was woken or arose to find out why she was screaming. Perhaps the poster just didn't explain things as well as she could have. However, perhaps she made it up and was originally going to say that everyone was asleep and she got up in the night, but changed it to going to ask her dad a question and forgot that this would mean he was already up to hear her scream. Poster, please clarify. Also, assuming you are truthful (I will give you the benefit of the doubt) it sounds like there was only one shadow, yours, but its hair and clothes were different than yours. Was it otherwise right (by which I mean the same height, roughly the right size and oriented the same way as you)? This is a tough one; could be a ghost or some kind of residual or temporal disturbance, as suggested by Bacchagrl.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Was the shadow the same height as you? Have you ever worn a bow like that in the past? Could it have been a reflection of the past?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
I don't know what to make of this story...

Doesnt sound to be 100% true to me... Something just seems a little off...

Though I am not saying its false I just think something sounds a little off...

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: