You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Demonic Dog

Real Ghost Stories

The Demonic Dog

 

I never thought I would tell this story but I would love to hear about people who have had a similar encounter like mine so here it is.

My brother and I lived in a apartment in Irving with our mom and dad. I was six at the time and my brother was five. One night it was thundering outside and my brother and I couldn't go to sleep. I turned and saw a black blob starting to form at the end of our beds (we both shared a room) and it transformed into this black dog-like figure that had three eyes which were glowing red and sharp pointed teeth and on its backside it had three pointed tails. I told my brother to get underneath the cover because the demon was heading towards him and I yelled at the demon, "go away!". The demon turned towards me and started advancing on my bed. I started screaming for my mom and dad and before it came face-to-face with me the light turned on and it was gone. My brother promptly fainted underneath the covers and I was scared. That memory still scares me.

Ever since I've been interested in the paranormal and trying to find answers about why and how that happened. I even had encounters with more paranormal things more so than normal and it's bugging me. I am still scared to go to sleep without a light because of that night and the nightmares that followed it. If anyone had a similar encounter like me. Please comment or say something because I nor my brother don't want to be the only one who dealt with this type of phenomena.

Thank You so Much!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chieko_Hitachiin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

HauntedTomboy (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
I had somthing like that happen to me but I was alone in my room and the lights flickered and just before they flickered off I saw a large black wolf! 😨
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Javelina,
I think what reneespring was saying is that your wording wasn't that great. I agree with you that dogs are the greatest. Although, I can't have a dog or cat in my home because my brother has asthma, a lot of my friends and some cousins have dogs and I love them to death; some of those dogs, I help adopt into those families though my volunteering at the Toronto Humane Society.

But coming back to the story, when it comes to the paranormal, nobody and everybody can't be an expert. Who is to say that an entity can take the form of a dog, cat, human, or whatever. Personally, I believe demons take on the form of what will scare people the most and in this case it was a demonic looking dog.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
[at] reneespring,
I'm confused. Now you say you were just trying to add a counterbalance to my comment?
Your exact words were,
"But sorry, that was just dumb what you said."
That's counterbalance?

Jav
Chieko_Hitachiin (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
JustCurious, My parents thought I was just hallucinating along with my brother and that it was just a image from our imagination.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
I think there are demon pets. Maybe demons have hamsters?! In fact I have a close friend who has seen a demon type cat thingy that was kind of crossed between a lizard. I think it was her demons pet friend. I don't know. I honestly think that demons have an entire little universe all their own like we have. Just demon style. And probably a lot more dangerous. The demon that came here said that he left his home because it was so bad to live there. They come to Earth to be left alone and find peace and then when they get here. We humans harrass them. Maybe that is why I kind of feel bad for some of them
reneespring (148 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
At Javelina again... I was just trying to bring a counterbalance to your position that dogs are always kind, good and sweet and harmless. It just ain't so. I like dogs, I just know not all of them are trustworthy, though many are. No species is entirely goody-two-shoes, by the way, as far as I am aware... At Devious Angel---I, too, wouldn't mind seeing a demon hamster... But I would not want to be plagued by one heeheeehee.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Speaking of hateful people who enjoy long, drawn out rants...

I think reneespring makes a good point. Negative spirits and doppelgangers can appear as just about anything, so I do not personally think that it is too much of a stretch to guess that they can also appear as dogs. On this site we have heard of demon gators, demon monkeys, demon everything. I want to see a demon hamster. Or a demon lemur. These demons need to get more creative!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
reneespring,
Nice rant you got going here.
"I guess you never heard of attack dogs and wild, feral dogs, or dogs with rabies... Or that news story where a pet dog bit a toddler's head off... Maybe you are in blind, sentimental denial... But sorry, that was just dumb what you said. Besides which, demons can appear in the form of any creature."
All that hatred because I said this...
"You know, I'm probably never going to hear the end of this, but I have a real hard time believing in a dog type demon. It always bothers me when I read an account like this because to me, dogs are the sweetest and most loving creatures on this planet. They love unconditionally. So sorry if you had a hard time one night as a small child, but to blame it all on the dog? No, I'm not with you there."
Wow! I guess I am guilty then. I mean it. Looking back at all those hateful outbursts I wrote, I must have been out of my mind! How could I have been so stupid? All this time I was under the impression that opinions and comments were welcome. Oh, that's right... Except from anyone with the name Javelina.

What's the matter? You sound like you have a problem with dogs. What happened to you that makes you show so much hatred and disgust toward man's best friend?
I feel very sad for you, to have the love and companionship of such a trusting and beautiful creature is something very special.

Maybe it's the owners of those K-9s in your scenarios that you should be pointing your finger at. They were responsible for the training and care of the pet they chose to raise. It's not the breed, it's the owner!
Wild and feral animals are victims of circumstance. Try putting yourself in their skin, no food, drought, survival is your only goal. All you want to do is live. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.
Then there is the demonization of these noble creatures.
Cerberus: Watchdog of the Greek underworld and faithful servant of Hades. He was charged with the job of devouring anyone who tried to return to the land of the living and refused entrance to living humans.

How many stories of heroism have you heard pertaining to dogs? Would you convict Lassie?
If my dogs show their fangs at someone, which they rarely have, I can guarantee that person has bad intentions. I would trust my dogs over most humans in a flat second. They don't lie or deceive. They are not the evil that you try to make them out to be. And if they don't like you, there just may be a good reason for that. Good Day!

Jav
reneespring (148 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
[at] Javelina... I guess you never heard of attack dogs and wild, feral dogs, or dogs with rabies... Or that news story where a pet dog bit a toddler's head off... Maybe you are in blind, sentimental denial... But sorry, that was just dumb what you said. Besides which, demons can appear in the form of any creature.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Cerberus had three heads, not just three eyes. He's Hades' guard dog. As for what you saw, yeah, it could be a black shuck, they come in many forms, and though I've never heard of one with three eyes, I suppose it could be possible. Haven't heard of many in Texas, but I suppose they could turn up anywhere. Do you continue to be plagues by strange things?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
My Old Good Friend use to see the hell of dog outside where she and her friend walk you know enjoy the walk there was this dg with two heads if I remember what she told me. That sure spooky you and Your brother I know It does scary but only thing that Protect you and your brother is Pray for god and jesus along with the cross.
darkfantum (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
this sounds bit like black shuck but there are lots of sightings around the world to do with black dogs, tell me if there is a second sighting

Yours truly darkfantum
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
In my last post, I was originally going to say night terrors. However, per preliminary research, those are often not remembered. So, I changed it to a related "disorder"; hallucinatory Sleep Paralysis. I just wanted to clarify this due to how I worded the previous post. While night terrors seem to be more prevalent in children, HSP can happen at any time in life and isn't necessarily a chronic disorder.
flex239 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
my parents have a ranch in Matamoras Mexico. One night walking home I was followed by a dog, I didn't think much of it until the dog got close, I saw red eyes and sharp white teeth, I pulled out my 22 shot the dog 6 times didn't even faze it, I ran all the way home it running along side of me. I got home the animals were freaking out as if they knew what was following me. I got inside the house my father asked "whats wrong"? I explained what had happend. We went back outside but saw nothing there was just a horrible smell in the air, kind of like garlic.
incubusoddid (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
good story, I have heard about these demons before black with red eyes I think someone said 'cerberus'

The last story I heard was a man woke up and his house was on fire and smoke was everywhere when he went to the hall way he said this dog (same description) was growling at him and he bolted out of the house. Wel that's what I heard I don't know if it is true or not but it sounds true enough jus thought I would let you know
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Honestly, at that age, I would be more inclined to say that it was hallucinatory Sleep Paralysis. See links:

Http://www.talkaboutsleep.com/message-boards/viewtopic.php?t=18851

Http://www.sleepdisordersguide.com/sleep-paralysis.html

Have you had similar events happen since? The scenario during later events might be completely different. Do you or have you ever had any sleep disorders?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Very creepy experience... I have seen a huge black wolf a few times, and once I saw it with very menacing eyes and expression, but I later came to find that this animal seems to be my spirit guide. I do not think that this was the case for you and your brother, however. I think it was just a lost spirit that was parasitically existing off of the energy it gained by terrorizing you and your brother.

This comment from Javelina is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
I had a demonic cat manifest ON my bed, after a face had flashed in my mind saying 'vampire'., and a brief threat I've found many accounts of the 'black mass' but never seen one.

I've learned to Pray for help, before and during any attack. They really do back down. Rarely try to bother me.

What are other experiences you mentioned. Precognition? Buzzing? Voices?
simidge (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
When I was a child I had a somewhat similar experience with a Black Dog apparition.

If you're interested you can read about my experience and more about what I've learnt about these kinds of apparitions at www.blackshuck.info

Best

Simon
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
What did your parents say about it if you told them?
I have read that storms can provide the extra energy necessary for spirits to manifest to people so that may explain part of the reason why he showed up when he did.
Have you seen him since?

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: