You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Corner Guy

Real Ghost Stories

Corner Guy

 

I moved out of the house with the "Monster in the closet". We (My mother, brother, and step father) now reside at our previous residence. I have reason to believe there are presences in here.

We have a basement that is a laundry room on one side of the stairs, a finished sitting room on the other, and when you come down off of the stairs, it is sort of like a storage area. When you walk into the basement, you can feel the atmosphere change, yes, maybe it is because you are walking down a level, maybe not. When you walk up the stairs, you feel watched, from the far right corner of the storage area. It feels like harsh eyes burning through your back. The feeling is very strong.

As we were moving stuff into the house, I was in the basement, I decided to name the presence down here. Mind you, it always gave my mother and I a bad vibe. I figured, maybe if I try communicating with it, it might ease up a bit. I named him CornerGuy, CG for short. I was unpacking books and just decide to say, "Hello. My name is Belle, I know you're there CG, give me a sign to make it positive." I turned back to the books when suddenly a glass jar fell off of the one stand that was positioned in the corner. I was temporarily freaked out, but then I asked my mom if it had been hanging of the edge. She says, "No, It was on the table the whole ways. Why?" I told her what had happened. Her reply was, "I knew it."

I made it a point, since I am always in the basement watching TV, to talk to CG. I'll tell him, "Hello." I'll invite him to watch the TV with me, and then when I go upstairs I'll tell him, "Goodbye CG, I'm going upstairs." Since I've started relaxing more, and talking to him, the atmosphere seems a lot lighter.

Other hauntings by zombiesarecommingforme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zombiesarecommingforme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
I'm actually not sure if my mom talks to him. After I fist tried it, I suggested for her to do it also and she seemed kind of unsure about talking to him. I'll ask her sometime if she still feels the bad vibe.

I'm not sure about how I would figure out his actual name. I'm NOT going to use an ouijia board, and I don't want to consult a medium since my step father isn't accepting of the paranormal.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I'm sure he appreciates the acknowledgement you have shown toward him, looking into the history of the house would be a good way to possibly finding his real name I agree.

I'm curious if your mother has felt more calm now also and if she speaks to him too?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I am curious to know who it is exactly, is there any chance at finding this out? Then you wouldn't have to call him corner guy lol, although I bet he is grateful that you do acknowledge him, I do this with my grandparents aswell. I think this is what the majority of spirits actually want, they want people to know they are still here and will try a lot of differant things to gain your attention.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
have to agree with justcurious, speaking to cg will help. Just letting the spirit know you know he is there and your ok with that will relax you and him.

Have you told your mom you do this?
You could ask her to try it too, it might help the way she feels around him too.

Carl
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
this is very good of you to do that. I would sometimes talk to the things in the house while I was growing up. Sometimes even when I go check on my dads house. I say hi and tell them what I'm doing and why. Sometimes I feel like a crazy person but hey it makes everyone more comfortable. Me and the ghosties.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I'm glad you feel comfortable talking to him! It seems like he means no harm toward you so hopefully you can maintain a friendly "relationship" with CG. 😁
I wonder why your mother has felt a harsh vibe from him though... Does she still feel any bad things when she feels him around?
TechSin (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Hello mate:)

I believe you since I had a similar experience. I am 15 years old and a few years back think about 2-3 years when I showered I also felt a presence but not in a place but in a object. It sounds dumb but in a swiper to clean the ground from water. Rubber on the bottom and a long wooden stick you know it. I was always a bit afraid when I went in the bathroom but just like you I started talking to it but in my head. The feeling about that ther was someone left instantly when I talked to it. And I actually felt better and happier. When the swiper was broken we replaced it with another one. But ther was a short time when we had them both in the house in the bathroom. Then I felt the broken one was yealous but I didn't felt a big presence in the newer one I am not even sure if ther was one. But I talked to them both just in case. When I came back from school I wanted to take a shower but the old one was gone, mah mother had trew it away. The presence wasn't there anymore. I sometimes talked to the new one but it just hadent had a personality or something. My mother usesit for more thigns then the shower and I don't seethe new one much.

I know I sound stupid but I felt I needed to tell it here.

SOrry for the misspellings I'm Dutch but the main problem is mah broken keyboard:)

TechSIn
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Sounds like he is feeling better that someone is paying attention to him and letting him know they are aware of them being there.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: