You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: There Is A Monster In The Closet

Real Ghost Stories

There Is A Monster In The Closet

 

I moved out of my Grandma's house four years ago. Ever since I moved out, I would have horrible dreams of a spirit or demon being in the closet of the room I used to sleep in. I never had these dreams when I lived there.

They were terrible. I would wake up at night screaming and crying, to terrified to go back to sleep. "It" would chase me in my dreams, of course it was one of those dreams where you are running in slow motion.

Well, We just recently moved back in October. Now, I've always known this house was haunted. Everyone has. I have had so many different experiences. (For another story I assure you.) Everything seemed fine and normal. The house is old, it creeks all night long. You hear someone calling your name. For me, it is "Belle..." Nothing unusual.

I walked passed the room I used to sleep in, now my uncle's room, the other day, and I instantly felt watched. Chills ran down my spine. I felt in so much danger. I quickly scurried down the stairs and forgot about it not to long after.

I would walk by all the time (it's en route to my room). Every time I walk by, the door creeks open. Even if it is shut the whole ways, it takes force to open that door.

I was carrying my cat from my room to the living room with me one morning last week. As we walked passed my uncle's room, a deep, low, frightening growl came from my cat, then she hissed the meanest hiss, as she kept her eyes locked on the room (the door was wide open, nobody was inside).

Recently, my mom has been feeling it too. The door opens slowly when she walks by, and she feels cold eyes watching her.

Hmm...

Other hauntings by zombiesarecommingforme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zombiesarecommingforme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Strange that when you originaly slept in the room the closet seemed perfectly normal. Your dreams started when you moved away. Then you move back then stuff starts happening.
domo344 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
The best advice I think someone /should/ offer you is to ask a priest to bless the house. Especially that room you say draws an evil presence. Even if you don't live there, I'd advise you to do so for I'm afraid that... 'accidents' could happen to the people close to you. Be careful. And try staying out of that room. And anyone else who resides there.
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I will go read your story. I hope you've over came your demon?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
I lied the demon story is actually in the one titiled 'The Rest of my Experiences' sorry about the confusion.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
I had this same type of experience. There was a demon in my closet when I was growing up and it too would harass me in my dreams. It is horrific! It was in there. It would say things in my dreams. You can go to my profile and read my story called Childhood House. Trust me, I know exactly what this is like.
ashley_villegas123 (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
maybe the thing in the closet missed you so much. 😜 who knows?
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
LouSlips,
When I get a chance, I will post another story about past expirences.:)
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
Zombies,
You leave me wanting more... Mostly because the experiences in your story do not sound paranormal. Now, the voice you heard that you talked about in your comment is another story.
Doors opening a crack when you walk by... Could be a problem with the door hardware, or a structural issue thqat would make the door jam shift when your weight is outside it. Dreams and feelings are legitimate personal experiences that when supported by other evidence are valid, but on their own, they are just our mind at work.
I want to hear more about what happened in the house when you first lived there that convinced you it was haunted. Hearing the voice you heard, was a pretty powerful piece to the puzzle, is there more?

Thanks,
Lou
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
My mom and I have always had exprences in this house. I've just made a connection with this, to something that has happened before...

When I was eight, I was walking upstairs to the room (It was my cousin's room at the time). I was going to get on the computer. Nobody was home except my gramma and mom. I walk up the steps and here "Get away and never come back." I was never so terrified in my life. I ran down the stairs crying my eyes out. I was curled up in a ball on my gramma's lap. I told her what happened. She said no one had said that on the tv. My mom came in, asked what ws wrong. I explained it to her and she said she'd go make sure no one was upstairs.

She takes my cousin's dog upstairs. To make me feel better, she calls out "You don't belong here." The dog stiffened up and staired down the hallway (leading to the room) and started growling and barking. My mom, then frightened, says "This is our house no. We don't want you here." The dog went back to normal.

We've wanted to get the house blessed for awhile now. I'm edging towards it. Just last night someone was walking around in the hallway, but no one was home but me and my gramma, and I could hear her snorring.

Thank you all:)
lynrinth (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
There is definitely 'something' in your house if your cat is sensing it. And cats don't lie. I don't think they are aware of such a thing. It sounds like now, since you are not sleeping in your old room, you are sleeping better in a different room. Maybe ask your uncle if he has seen, or heard, sensed anything strange, or out of the ordinary in his room? Maybe even nightmares? Well, perphaps prayer, a blessing, or just talking about this 'thing', might help everyone, mostly your uncle, deal with this. Good luck.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
Zombiesarecommingforme - I guess the first thing I'd want to know is if your uncle resents you moving back in. If he does, this could account for the feelings of being watched and the cat could be picking up on his resentment. Cats have great instincts. If he doesn't resent you for being back, I would suggest you find a way, subtly of course, to see if your uncle has been "experimenting" with anything he shouldn't be since he has taken over that room.

You said you never had the dreams, nor felt anything, when you lived there. Now that your uncle sleeps in that room, you feel "watched," your cat obviously senses something and so does your mom.

It just seems to me that it has to do with your uncle. I'd start there.
croat-babe (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
its interesting you didn't have these dreams while you were living there?
I agree with Lilady4 and maybe you should get your house blessed especially that room and closet
All the best
Mishka 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-27)
That sounds really scary! Your mom is sensing it the "entity", and so did your cat. This story gave me chills. Perhaps try and bless the room somehow.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: