You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Transparent Man

Real Ghost Stories

Transparent Man

 

What's been happening lately to me has been going on for a couple of days now, but hadn't gotten story worthy until last night.

To start off, I'll give a little background as to what I think it might have been, but I'm not sure, it's just a feeling. There was an old man who had gone missing a while ago. I'd always seen his picture at stores, but never gave it much thought.

Well, a couple of days ago some people were taking pictures of the reservoir on the other side of town from where I live, and saw the roof of a vehicle. They called the police, and sure enough, the old man had driven his truck into the water and drowned.

My family had passingly brought it up a couple of days ago, and when I heard it scared me a little. Normally stories like that wouldn't scare me, just make me sad. Something about it frightened me though, and I still don't know why.

Two days ago I was in bed trying to sleep when I thought about the old man and how he died. I successfully managed to spook myself a little. When I was finally drifting off to sleep I felt someone grab my ankle, which made me jump. I didn't turn on my light, and the pressure went away after a minute. I managed to fall asleep anyways and tried to forget about it.

Last night is when things got weird. It was the 4th of July, and I had headed into bed around 4am. I woke at 5am to a weird empty feeling, and when I sat up in bed I saw something I'll never forget. Standing in the middle of my bedroom was a man with rotting swollen skin, and wet tattered clothes. He was slightly hunched, and I can't recall what his face looked like. The thing that scared me was where his skin was missing in his torso was a gap, and in that gap was a brilliant blue fire that lit up the entire room. I couldn't do anything and he quickly disappeared, and when he did I turned my light on. I sat there for a while telling myself it was a nightmare to that nothing bad would happen, and that was when the smell hit me.

Outside it had smelled a little like sulphur from the fireworks, but this smell was horrible. It was sour, and reminded me of death. It scared me so I got out of bed to turn the overhead light on.

I'm not sure why, but when I'm freaking out and I try to turn lights on they always blow out, which this one did. I hurried to the living room and noticed my dog sitting out there shaking, and we both woke my mother up.

I asked to sleep out on the couch, and she said I could, but I couldn't sleep. When it was 6am and the sun was coming out I headed back into my room to sleep. I did manage to fall asleep, but woke up at 7am feeling like something was wrong. I wasn't just tired, I felt like I might faint. There was a weird feeling in the room, one that's hard to describe. It was like climbing altitude too fast and getting dizzy and sick. An hour later I managed to fall back asleep, and told my mother this morning.

She's not sure what to make of it, and neither am I. If you have any ideas I'd really appreciate it. The thing didn't feel malicious, just weird. I didn't feel threatened, but I was certainly scared.

Thanks for reading and if you have any ideas I'd love to hear from you!

Other hauntings by MeganSierra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MeganSierra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
BJJ - I'm not so sure it was a projection. The apparition does sound a bit whimsical. However, the blue flame in his torso could have represented alcohol (most types of which burn with a blue flame); symbolizing that he was possibly drunk when he drove into the lake. He might have passed out and his car turned off of the road and into the lake. Just a possibility.
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I usually don't wake up feeling that way, but the feeling in the room was pretty empty. After I wrote this I've had a feeling of being watched and occasionally I'll see a shadow or a blue streak out of the corner of my eye.
I don't think I created this image in my head. I've never done something like that before, and I would have no idea what the blue fire might represent. I've done some research but have come up with nothing solid. Thank you! For the suggestions. If you guys have any idea what the blue fire might mean or anything of that nature please share. I'd really like to know!
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
When you said you woke up to an empty feeling, do you mean like you felt emotionally empty? Is it a feeling you can relate to, or did it hit you out of no where?

If you can't relate to the feeling, maybe what you're feeling is what the spirit is projecting. Some people are sensitives and can experience the emotions of a spirit.

And was this a one time experience or has this been a frequent occurance?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
My opinion is that this wasn't a ghost you experienced. I think it was a projection of your emotions for the missing man. Sadness, pity, a little fear that someone could die in such a way and only be found by accident. I think that your feelings about him formed the manifestation that you saw, and that there was no outside entity present. The blue fire, not going to hazard a guess. If what you saw is what I believe it was, only you could answer the meaning of the blue fire. Think about it, and try to figure out what blue fire might symbolize to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: