You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Breathing On The Back Of My Ear

Real Ghost Stories

Breathing On The Back Of My Ear

 

This event took place when I was about thirteen years of age. At the time I lived on the Navajo Reservation. I am not a very traditional person but I respect my culture. As a child, I liked to hear stories my relatives and friends would experience such as skinwalkers and ghosts on the reservation. Here goes...

It was late in the evening. My mom had gone to the nearest Bashas in Dilkon, Az to get groceries. My two younger brothers had stayed with me. I was on our computer which was set up in the living room. My siblings were watching cartoons and I was on myspace. I was wearing headphones and also listening to music. I'd turn my back often to check on my brothers on the couch. One of them had fallen asleep and the other was laying down about to go to sleep.

Suddenly I felt someone or something breathing on the back of my ear. It happened very quickly. I turned around looked behind me, under my chair and thought to myself what just happened. I turned around to see my brothers. One was still sleeping and the other brother asked "what are you doing?". I asked him "did you just breath on my neck?". He was confused and said no. I believed him because he was still in the same position and he was kind of freaked. I was trying to figure out what that could possibly be. I kind of shook it off and knew it could have been paranormal. Since the sun was still setting I didn't think much of it.

About thirty minutes later. My other brother had awaken and we were just watching cartoons. I had tolled him what happened. We soon got into a conversation about ghost stories. At the same time we heard a unusual noise. It was hard to point out where it came from. It sounded like something being dragged like plastic. We looked at each other and said "did you hear that". My younger brother was scared. My heart started pounding but I wanted to know what had moved. I was moving the chairs, objects and found out it was the kitchen trash can the was dragged or out of place. I had chills all over my body. Let me point out the trash can was half way full and it's huge.

After figuring out what happened and putting the stories together we wanted out mother to come home soon. We called her and she was almost home. My older brother like to pick on us when we were small. He started shouting out "who is here with us?". I tried to tell him to stop and from there we just started scaring ourselves. We actually ran outside and it was very windy (common weather in the reservation).

When my mom came back we told what happened. She didn't believe us. She burned cedar and that's all I remember.

Remember, this happened when I was thirteen, I am now nineteen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dinegurl_8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
I have tribal blood too, though not Navajo.
My mother is obviously "an indian", but I'm fair even though my father's grandmother was from an unrecognized tribe in the south that managed to hide in the swamps and intermarry until they gradually lost themselves, and their heritage; and apparently their right to be recognized.
This may seem entirely unrelated; but please cling to your heritage. Learn all you can, and pass it on to your children. You are a beautiful people.
I used to live near Cherokee, TN. I was in Wal-Mart in Lenoir City, of all places, when the world went quiet and I felt a presence. Thats putting it mildly. I turned to look around me for the source. And I was struck dumbfounded by this beautiful man walking toward me down the aisle. I knew him with my whole soul. I remember he had this awesome wooden and feather earring, long shiny black hair and all of nature seemed to emanate from him. I watched him walk by me not looking at me but I knew he could see me with his spirit. It was like our spirits were looking at eachother. I don't mean to sound crazy.
We had this incredible moment, I'll never forget; but that's all it could ever be. He was pure, and so his children should be.
So although, I felt this pull toward him and had never known rejection from any man, I didn't even consider it as an option, and if I saw him tomorrow I still wouldn't.
Justin_9493 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
Thanks for sharing your experinces. I don't have anything more to add than what's already been said. Thanks again.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
I agree BadJuuJuu, it was probably just a wandering spirit, if it was a spirit at all. The incidents were quite trivial, though that probably doesn't detract from how scary it may have been. I don't know about the breathing on your neck, you said it was a windy night. Could that maybe, just maybe have something to do with your experiences? If you were already talking about ghosts, wouldn't you be more inclined to be creeped out or hear noises? I'm not really saying that you imagined all of this, but perhaps you want to ponder other explanations before you get too scared.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Sometimes an entity can be attached to a place, an object, or a person. Some entities aren't attached to anything and just wander. Since you didn't experience anything after that night I would think it was just a wanderer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: