You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Demon Watching Me

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Watching Me

 

I've been considering whether or not I should tell this story. I figured I never would, would never tell a soul about this. I decided that I might as well though. I just want to know if there's anything I can do about it.

Probably about a year ago my neighbor across the street died. I never learned how, and I never knew the lady. All I know is she lived in a very small house, but she took good care of it, always watering the grass with a hose even though she was in her eighties.

Her house fell into disrepair, which was sad. Her family, who I'm assuming are her children, always go and drop off garbage there, along with various vehicles. It was sad to see something someone cherished so much die like that before my eyes, but it was out of my control.

Apparently someone thought the house was becoming an eye sore, because last winter they attempted to burn it down. They didn't get very far, because since we live just across the street from it we were able to call 911 in time to have them put it out. Whoever set it on fire obviously wasn't thinking, because the house is right next to a very dry field, and it could have been a disaster.

The next morning my mother explained what happened to me, and it made me sick. I told some people at school about it, although most of them didn't believe me. I wanted to spread the word about how wrong it was, although I'm not sure why I felt so strongly about it. Normally I wouldn't.

That night I knew something was very wrong. I was sitting in my room writing in a story that I'd been working on. The story wasn't really scary, but when I mentioned something about a phantom, I became scared.

I felt something watching me, its eyes burning holes into my back. Since it was nighttime it was dark enough for me to be bothered by this, and I went out to do some laundry, hoping that would clear my mind.

It didn't though. Whatever was watching me followed me wherever I went in the house, and I was afraid it would try to hurt me. I told my mother about it, and she said my room was giving her creepy vibes. Eventually she sat with me in my room, and we talked about it. My window was open at the time, and although I couldn't actual see it, I got a mental image of what had been following me.

It was an old lady, although I know it wasn't actually her. That's just the form it took. Her eyes were bulging out of her head, and she was smiling at me. I guess if you can imagine Large Marge then you basically got it, although that sounds a bit silly.

I eventually told this thing to go away, and it did, all the way to my sleeping brother. My brother was sleeping just down the hall, and it attacked him. He was in one of those half awake, half asleep states, and he never said when it told him, or what it did.

It left shortly after, and this all took probably twenty minutes. Its scares me to talk about, because I know that that thing is living in the remains of the old lady's house, I can feel it watching me.

The reason I wasn't going to post this story was because I do believe it's a demon and every time I so much as think about it I can feel its presence. I've never told the story to anyone, but I want to know I have some power over this. I can't just let that thing rule over my thoughts forever.

Also, I'm not sure if this means anything, but cats are drawn to that house. There's about twenty living there now.

If you guys have any idea what I can do about this it would be great to hear from you. I've never dealt with a demon before, and although it isn't harming me, I'm afraid of it. Every time I look at that house I feel it watching me, and I would like it to stop.

Thank you for reading. I feel better getting this story out there.

Other hauntings by MeganSierra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MeganSierra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

agentloco (2 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-09)
wow that was scary I once felt that when I was at my country but those things didn't work 😨
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
If the details of my brother's attack will help you to understand then I'll certaintly attempt to tell you all as clearly as possible. Although my brother doesn't want to believe in spirits, over the past hauntings he's kind of been forced into aknowledging them. My brother had headed in for the night. He was he woken up and saw something standing over him. The thing held him down, and told him to do things that he didn't want to tell us about. He also said it belittled and mocked him. It freaked him out and he's convinced that it wasn't a dream. Normally I would just think he had a weird nightmare, but I really do believe that it was the spirit. Thank you all!
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Here's another case where the person freed themselves of demons by calling on Jesus. It probably doesn't matter whether you say it in Latin or English, of whether you are Christian, but just calling on a higher power does help with demons and is probably the best way to deal with them and become free from them.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=32000

Good luck and take care.
Adolphos (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
It's nothing but a demon, so use this charm against it, it could well work.
Http://books.google.com/books?id=SW8AAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA267
Otherwise, just calling Jesus for help or telling demons to leave in his name has been seen to work on a number of occasions.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Jeffreybjrr - if you seriously believe cats bring evil, you are living in the Dark Ages. That is superstitious nonsense. Cats don't bring evil any more than fish or rats do.
Jeffreybjrr (1 stories) (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
cats tend to be a good or a bad thing. They can either bring the evil or take it away. Due to my past experiences I have 4 cats and it evens things out a bit
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Puppeteer13,

Missing Karma? Must have been a different experience from this one.

Interesting theory about the Cat's and Spirit's. Is there more to it? I ask because I've never heard this before.

I will say this. In some cases people may not understand your background... You said yourself...

"Greetings I am Papa Thorn an Exorcist and Conjureman..."

There are those here on this site (myself included) that are leery of people who make claims of that nature. However I went to your profile and that helped me understand your 'point of reference' a bit better.

Apologies in advance if my questions detract from the O/P's intent of receiving help in this matter...

If that is the case, Puppeteer pick one of my experiences that seems appropriate and reply there, I'd hate to distract from the O/P receiving advice and help.

Respectfully,

Rook
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
rookdygin what I was refering to with the cats was some spirits won't cross a cats path its odd but truely it was just a theory I however don't see how my advice on helping with the spirit was in anyway unhelpfull thus I find myself confused at the missing to karma points on my acount obviously my methods must have been seen as inefective or unhelpfull. If nothing elso the treatment in both houses are not harmfull to benevolent spirits so if she is harmless then it will put it at eas. At anyrate this is one of thos multipurpose methods as to the felines it was just a theory thank you for your time and may gods bless and keep you all,

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
DestiNova (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Hi Megan. I was cleaning a house one night (for property management) and an old lady spirit spooked me good. The lady had been killed by here husband and buried in the basement under the concrete (is the story I heard). Anyway she followed me upstairs,downstairs, and when I went into the basement wow what a creepy feeling. Anyway I've had weird ghosts try to haunt me or follow me when I move to another house and here's what I do. I have a 'hex-slapper' which is a copper rod (for grounding) wrapped in leather with a crystal glued to the top for sending (my sister made it) (we take ghosts serious in my family). I pick up my hex slapper and point it at the demon and say "From the power of my spirits up high to you I say die" and then I say something like I'm going to kick your you know what and grit my teeth at it and then go for 'em. So far (and my son too) the spirits leave. Hah! Let them know who's boss. I don't take any crap from any ghost. Don't show fear, you let them know who's boss. Call on your passed on relatives for back-up, it works.
DestiNova
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Megan,
First off, do not apologize... It is impossible to post a story so that every reader can understand it.
All advice is worth considering, but I do not think you have to worry too much about this. IF the entity continues to disturb your family you lay down the rules for it.
How is it that your brother gets attacked by a spirit but does not believe in spirits... What does he think happened?

I live on a dairy farm as a teenager... Plenty of cats, no demons.
Thanks,
Lou
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Puppeteer13,

I'm not sure what you are now trying to say. I do agree that 'protecting' ones home is not a bad idea and that the manner you have suggested is a viable one.

While cats are considered Guardians of the Dead by some Societies, I do not think they hold 'spirits' 'in place'.

The attack on the O/P's brother could have been as simple as the spirit... Know what, I'll even ask a question of the O/P before I continue...

MeganSierra,

You said your brother was attacked by this 'entity' did he ever share the details of this 'attack' with you? I ask because the 'spirit' may have 'struck out' at a 'male person' of the 'same age group' as the ones who tried to burn her home when you asked it to leave you alone. It did this to your brother in an attempt to get YOUR attention. Just a theory...

Respectfully,

Rook
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
and wait a second guys there's a great deal of difference between a malevolent spirit and a harmless entity or a fit of imagination, this isn't a single paranoia this poor poster has been persued and stalked by an entity and her brother has been attacked also cats are considered the gaurdians of the dead does no one else wonder why the thing has been content to stay put in the house for so long after the innitial attacks its quite possible that the cats are holding the spirit there I'm aware my vote is in the minority here MeganSierra but better safe then sorry these are safegaurds so if my esteemed peers are corect and it is just the old ladies spirit they will not do any harm to a benevolent entity again good luck and may the gods bless and keep you safe,

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Anger from a Spirit can make it 'feel' evil. If she has 'returned' to 'watch' over her home due to the neglect her family has shown the property then it's very possible. You mention in your experience that, well let me quote you...

"Her family, who I'm assuming are her children, always go and drop off garbage there, along with various vehicles. It was sad to see something someone cherished so much die like that before my eyes, but it was out of my control."

And then about the fire...

"I told some people at school about it, although most of them didn't believe me. I wanted to spread the word about how wrong it was, although I'm not sure why I felt so strongly about it."

From these statements it seems you care on some level that this woman's family just doesn't seem to understand. Perhaps 'she feels' that and is 'Angry' at you for not 'doing' something about it.

Might I suggest a 'Class / Scout / Club / Neighborhood project to clean up the yard and possible by this effort this poor woman's 'Spirit' will move on because someone has shown they 'care' enough to do something about the mess this property has become... A property that you described as...

"All I know is she lived in a very small house, but she took good care of it, always watering the grass with a hose even though she was in her eighties."

It sounds as if she really loved her yard and she probably cared for the inside of the home as much as she did for the yard, it stands to reason that if someone shows that they care about the way the yard looks and does something about it that she will 'pass on' and by doing so the feeling of being watched will go away as well.

Please keep us posted, I've done 'clean up' work at old cemeteries and had the 'feel' of the atmosphere change so I think doing something about the 'mess' could be a very positive thing.

Respectfully,

Rook
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Greetings I am Papa Thorn an Exorcist and Conjureman and I believe I may be able to help you. If I may make a few sugestions if you have any way to I recomend useing sage and holy water to purify your house. Lay down lines of salt across the doorways and around the beds of the house, if You fear phisical attacks from this creature since you and your brother seem to be the only ones effected bathe in a mixture of holywatter wild rose petals and lavander oil it should give you some protection from the demon. Now then as to what seems to be the real problem the old womans house seems to be provideing shelter for the specter (note this purification ritual should only be atempted after the bath in the protective mixture) if you have a way to get into the house then take these steps within do not go alone bring people you truet and know well to help you, Burn sage within or around the house and sprinkle an infusion of holywater salt and wild rose petals around the place, if you can get inside treat every room allways go as a group note do not take anyone who isn't protected by the bath above. Finaly as a coffin nail as it were if you have a religious faith you stick to, ask a holyman of said faith to come in and concecrate the house. I realy do wish you the best please keep me informed if you wish to contact me personaly with questions or for further advice my email is on my profile Good luck and may the gods bless and keep you safe.

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
tintin (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
i guess... That was the old lady near your house, that was bothering you...maybe... She likes to tell you something... Something that can help her to rest in peace... Why don't you try to pray the soul of that woman and get a priest to blessed her house...? Calm down girl...don't think of it much coz' you are the one making yourself scared...

Take care ❤
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Don't worry about it, I am sure you tried your best with the story. It still makes interesting reading...Takecare:)
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
When I said her family was dumping garabage at the house I meant junk, like cars and old dumpy furniture. I'm sorry if pieces seem to be missing, but I tried making it as clear as I could. Thank you though.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
nope, I got nothing from the comments, but I do wish you well. Keep us posted if you think anything else happens.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-08)
Way toooo many pieces missing!

I will wait until I have read all your comments to see if I can pick up some bits from there. About the cats... You said people were dumping garbage in that house... That practically screams out to the strays - COME AND FEED. So I would not worry about anything paranormal there.
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
This all happened a good year after she passed away as well. My brother wouldn't set fire to the house, we think it was just some kids being dumb. I believe the old woman had fallen and couldn't get help since she lived alone. I think that's what happened if my memory serves me right anywyas. My mother had simply just told me the morning after the fire that my brother (not the one who got attacked) had woken up from the light of the fire, and called 911. Perhaps I shouldn't call it a demon, but it certaintly feels evil enough to be one. Thank you all though. I was thinking about just giving this spirit some kind advice and praying for and about it. I'll see how well that works. Thank you all!
MeganSierra (8 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I appreciate all your guy's kind words and advice, I'll definetly thing about all of it. I don't believe that I scared myself though, although it could be a possibility. I usually know when a spirit is in the room with me. My brother was 18 at the time, and my mother and I kept the whol feeling the spirit things to ourselves since the boys in my family are skeptics. He didn't know about the spirit, and right once we felt the spirit leave us he was attacked shortly after. The reason I think it's a demon is because I've delt with angry spirits before, and this thing just felt evil to me. The old woman was very kind, and I think she moved on right after her death, so I'm not sure what this was. But thank you all for your comments!
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
How old was your brother at the time of the attack? Is it possible that he set her house on fire and that is why she attacked him? Or maybe his friends did it?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
What I think is that the old lady is angry about her house being abused and she came back to her house to guard it and is just sending out bad vibes from her home. She may be nice to the cats but doesn't really like people. To me that means that she is not evil as cats don't like evil but she is just protecting her property and is squatting ther just staring at people passing by.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I have to agree with BJJ/Lou. I think you probably scared yourself. Animals and demons definitely don't mix, and most animals will turn tail away from an area where they sense something unseen.
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Hi MeganSierra, What makes you think it is a demon? I ask as I wish to understand better what led you to believe it is a demon rather than a ghosty or angry spirit. I also agree with other posters that Cats and demons do not mix. How sad that this ladies cherished garden and house is being abused and by her children it is so sad.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
As Lou says, cats will gang up in safe place with good hunting. They love abandoned houses, old sheds, and such. But, cats and demons don't mix. Animals can sense evil, and avoid it. If there are cats in that house, it's a safe bet there is nothing evil there.
I think in this instance, your imagination got a little carried away. That's not to belittle your fears; it happens to everyone sometimes. Try to stay objective. When you sense something around, think it over, analyze it, decide if it's truly frightening, or just unexpected. Try to find the source, and decide if you may have psyched yourself out a little, or if something is around. Take note of your surroundings when you feel watched. It's a normal reaction to feel a little "observed" in front of, say, a window. Also, fuse boxes, electrical sources, and occasionally large appliances can emit EMF fields. EMF fields can cause feelings of paranoia and being watched. Depending on the age/condition of the electrical system and appliances in your home, and your own sensitivity to EMF fields, that could be what you're experiencing. Unless you were physically there to see your brother being attacked, don't assume he isn't playing a prank by telling you he was attacked. Brothers do that sort of thing sometimes.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Megan,
I don't know you and I'm not going to dismiss your feelings; but is there any chance you are overreacting to the situation? You were feeling fine until you scared yourself with the story you were writing... And now you are tormented by demonic forces. I trust that you are being truthful and I want to help; but other than your mental image... What makes this demonic?
I'm glad you and your mother have a relationship that allows you to communicate openly on these matters; but her contribution to your fear seems to have escalated this situation. Did she say why she felt creepy in your room? As far as the attack on your brother; are you sure he is being truthful? Would he try to play on your fears? Also, what does your mom think about his being attacked? Let me guess... He never told her about it, right?
I'm not saying you aren't sensitive to these things, but some of what you've said leaves me thinking your experiences are getting the better of you. For instance, feral cats and even domestic cats that are allowed to roam will not only congregate at a place that is uninhabitted, but they will also find a lot of rodents to hunt in an overgrown yard and abandoned house where people have dumped trash in the past.

Lou
Kirsten_pax09 (10 stories) (72 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
Sometimes when we feel strong compassion for the dead, they themselves begin to feel almost "Invited" to come into your life. Your tender feelings become a comforting welcome to the spirits who are alone and unhappy. In trying to get a feel for how she would react to her home being ruined you, accidentally "Channeled" her. You are offering more concern for her feelings then any of her own relations. 😢
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
I agree with nathan that maybe some more information about what your mother told you, and/or if you, your mother or your brother ever experienced anything prior etc and even how the lady passed away could help everyone understand things a little better.
multinathan911 (3 stories) (23 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-07)
wow this is a really good story. I could feel your emotions as I read on through the story. Have you ever thought that because the thing you felt in your room (the mental picture you gave us of a woman smiling at you) that mabye your brother set fire to the house. I'm not saying he has done because I don't know him or know how old he is but it is a thought, because why would the ghost attack your brother while the ghost smiled at you and did nothing to hurt you. Also it would help if you told us what your mum said to you about what had happened to the old woman, I mean if it's not to personal because that would really help us get a understanding of why the ghost is haunting the house.

Greeting from nathan ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: