You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparitions Aren't Always Transparent

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions Aren't Always Transparent

 

My name is Brittany and I'm telling you about a ghost encounter I had when I was only 11. It was a Friday night and the next morning I was going to camp with my church class. The camp trip was a week long, so I wouldn't be seeing my parents for a week. I was sleeping in our guest bedroom when I heard my step dad (Jerry) call me in to their room to come sleep with my mom and him because they would miss me (because I wouldn't see them for a week). So I went in to their room and fell asleep (boy was I comfortable).

At around 5:30am, my mom woke me up and said Jerry's alarm would be going off in about an half-hour. So I went and laid on our couch and I looked up because I didn't feel right and I saw this lady standing in the arch way between our dining room and living room.

I'll never forget what the woman looked like: she had black, straight, shoulder-length hair, she was wearing a purple shirt (with different flowers in 3 boxes), black jeans on, and white tennishoes. Everybody says when they see a ghost they can see through them, but this lady or thing was NOT transparent. She looked like a real person that was alive, she even had color in her skin. She didn't make any noise, she just looked at me with her arms crossed. And another thing that was a little confusing was ghost usually come when it is really dark, well we had our oven light on and that lit up the whole house.

After I saw her I ran into my mom's room and tried to go to sleep. My mom said it was just my imagination but I know what I saw and there was nothing imaginary about it!

I have been asking the previous owners of our house (who happen to be family friends) if anyone died in the house that looked like her and they are still saying no. Well, that house has previously burnt down but we are still building a new house on the same lot but I hope the lady is gone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brittany1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AnnaPossumPoe (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
I had a similar expirience... I used to live in this house haunted by a NOT transparent ghost that obnly I could see. Her name was Jeanie, and my parents could not talk to her. Only I could. I remember too what she looked like... Old-ladyish, and she wore heavy clothes.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-12)
Thank you for sharing your story. I do not believe that all apparitions are transparent. They come in many forms and types and shapes, just like people. There are the dark shadow aparitions people see, they are sometimes see through, sometimes not.

God Bless!
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-09)
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
how did u cope with that? It must have been so amazing. If I were you I would have begged not to build back the house there!

amazing!
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-08)
It may not be the house, but could be the house foundation of previous house. It can also be just that they are from the area, passers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: