You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Black Figure Walks Down My Hall

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figure Walks Down My Hall

 

I wouldn't call this experience super spectacular, but I want to share it for someone to tell me exactly what happened here.

When I was younger, my family moved in with my MawMaw and PawPaw. When I was 5, my PawPaw passed away due to heart failure. Moving onto when I was 11, I was watching a movie in our family room, and my dad would come in and come out, because he was busy with work (he works at home). While I was watching, out of my peripheral vision, I see a black figure walk out of the office, and come down the hall. I wasn't alarmed in any way, because I figured it was my dad coming out. But I see it turn into the foyer, which is connected to another Family room, connected to the dining room, which then leads into the kitchen. The kitchen then leads into the room I was in. I waited for my dad to come around the corner into the room where I was, but he never did. After a few minutes, my dad really did come out of the office and walked in. I didn't tell about what I saw. This was not my imagination, because I looked at it straight on, and it didn't go away.

When he left, I gained the courage to go into the foyer, which I NEVER liked to do at night. I remembered that I could always scream if I saw something. Nothing was there. I never heard the door open or a window break indicating it was an intruder. It was months before I told my dad about this. I had told two of my closest friends, though.

I never did believe in ghosts or spirits, until I started watching videos of them, then I started to change my mind. I never was, nor am I still, into hunting for them. Someone PLEASE tell me what happened here. My family has since moved out of this house, and in our current house, I've had some strange experiences. I'll tell you about them soon!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KK78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KK78 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-22)
Ok everyone, I'm sorry I haven't been on. I actually left the website for a while for purposes I'm not going to say. To answer rookdygin's question: yes, I had had a dream when I was probably around the age of six or seven. And I will be submitting another story about my basement, which I am confident, houses a spirit.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
It may have been the Spirit of your PawPaw. What you saw did not resemble him because of the 'energy' available to his spirit to manifest.

There are a few years between his passing and you seeing this figure so I have a question. Had you, or anyone else in your Family had a dream about your Grandparents after they had passed?

I ask because there is a Theory that after a Loved One has passed if a loved one dreams of them it means they have crossed over and then they can return 'at will' to check and watch over us. If no one has dreamed of the departed then, for some reason, they have remained 'earth bound' and this may affect how well they can manifest as well.

It's my guess that someone had dreamed about them, if what your friends told you about your PawPaw being on the porch looking at the Stump of that tree it shows that their Spirit could draw on a lot of energy which, In my opinion, shows they can draw on it easier than an 'earth bound' spirit can.

Ask your friends if they have seen anything else, or if they know of any reports from current owners, it would be interesting to see if the location is being 'Haunted' due to the tree being cut down.

Keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
KK78,
That you also heard from a second source, someone you obviously trust, I would be more apt to believe what they both say they saw was truly your Grandfather. And the fact that he was showing disgust at the actions of the new tenants...let's just say, you may want to check with them at some point maybe, the new tenants I mean, just to see if they have experienced any strange happenings since the cutting of the tree. That is if it isn't too uncomfortable for you. But if you've moved too far away to make that possible, then perhaps your friends will hear something from others in the neighborhood?
This is very interesting when you think about it. Was it your Grandfather you experienced or was it something else? I think only you can make that call. But if you are experiencing things at your new home, and your Grandfather has been seen at the old home since you've moved, could he be traveling back and forth? These are all ideas that could stretch on forever I guess.
So really, it all comes down to how you feel about what you've experienced. What do you feel it could have been?

Jav

Hope I didn't throw too much confusion on your doorstep here, but when it comes to the paranormal and the answers we're all looking for, the possibilities are endlessly fascinating and wondrous.
KK78 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
zzsgranny: Thanks for the info! Again his physique didn't appear like my PawPaw, so the reason I asked was if he had appeared as his younger self, or if it was another spirit. My two closest friends (as I said in the story), say that after I moved, the new owners had cut down a tree my MawMaw and Pawpaw planted together. They told me that they had seen my Pawpaw (as they and I remember him) walk out the front door, look at the stump, and frown. They say he looked right at them and went inside. At first I didn't believe them, because one of my friends is a known liar, and he told me first. But then my best friend said she saw it too, and I can trust anything she says.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
KK78: I believe that when our loved ones visit, it's in the form you remember by, unless they were ill, in which case, they would appear healthy and/or happy...That's just my opinion, and what I've experienced 😊
KK78 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Does anyone know; what human form, if the spirit does appear in human form, does it usually take form in? Is it their choice, or does it depend on who sees them? For instance, I only knew my Pawpaw when he was in old age. Does that mean that's how I would see his ghost? Because this figure didn't walk like my Pawpaw, or have the same physique as him.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Awesome! I have learned so much here already. I haven't had any activity since I came here, which is odd, perhaps by me being more educated about the things that have occured around me I have become more centered, and not to be worried about any more by my dad and who ever else seems to be taking care of me from the other side lol! Welcome to the site! ❤
KK78 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Thanks so much for these comments! I don't know much about spirits, and I joined this site to learn more. 😁
DemonTeddy (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Forgive me for sounding sarcastic with this reply, but you asked us to tell you what happened, and what happened was what you told us.

Is there any windows in your old house? Do you live in an area where there is car traffic? I find that shadows that look like they're coming out of a room and down the hall into another, are usually shadows from cars or something that basic.

Though there is that possibility that this time, it wasn't that. Perhaps spirits? There's no point jumping to the conclusion that it's dead family members unless there's evidence of that.

I look forward to hearing about your other experiences~

-Teddy
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
It sounds to me like a Shadow Man/Woman. It could've well been your Gradfather visting you in Spirit. Like Otteer suggests, try and record a log of happenings, and some recordings if you would like to.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Hello Kk78,

Thanks for sharing your story. Since you were able to track the shadow person so easily, this sounds like almost a full body appariation without the features. Who knows who it was, you guess is good as mine however, since you are experiencing things in your new home, you may have been followed.

Since no harm has been done, its possible it could be your Grandfather, possibly just a passing lonely spirit or spirits. Obviously you have a gift to see them, they could be drawn to you.

Have you seen anymore shadows or have physical evidence of a spirt? (things moving, noises, electrical disturbances, bangs ect.) You sound like you are a teen, your energy could be a draw. Dont be frightened, keep a log of the happenings, possibly do some recordings to try and get the identity of whomever and keep us updated!,

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: