You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Older Man With Black Hair

Real Ghost Stories

Older Man With Black Hair

 

My name is Kayley and I am 15 years old. I live in a small town in New Hampshire with my grandparents and new kitten. My family has lived in the same house for about 30 years.

When I was about 10, my mother had moved into a new house with her husband in East Concord. I started having the feeling that I had been being watched. I figured it might have been because I was young, younger kids are always scared to be alone at night. I had gone to sleep after my mother tucked me in around 10:30. At around midnight I wake up out of the random to see a figure out of my window. I rubbed my eyes quickly and keep staring. It was a white figure of a man's face looking into the window. Like any 10 year old would do, I went under my covers, with my heart beating faster than it has ever been and I laid there just wishing the man was gone. I had never told anyone about this encounter nor had I had another encounter until recent.

Now-a-days, I can never go through one night of sleeping; my doctor said it could be insomnia. My stomach always feels nausea and my anxiety is through the roof! I always feel paranoid, like someone is watching me. Especially at night, I feel like someone is watching me and I feel a lot of pressure on my body like I can't get up or if I do someone will be right there. I always hear faint whispers and ringing noises.

I also have been having images, in my mind, of people, maybe dead, maybe alive, I'm not positive. Most of the time it is an image of an older man, late 30's or 40's with black hair, pale skin, and he is wearing a tux, he always has an angry or evil look in his eye but it is only a faint image.

When I am home alone it feels like I get more scared in certain rooms such as my basement, my library, and bed rooms. I hear banging noises and I only once witnessed a cabinet opened that I never opened; lights sometimes seem to flicker but no electrical problems. I also always feel in an angry mood or as if I don't want anything to do with anyone. I have told my doctor about those feelings and she tested me for depression or any other mental illness and she could not find anything.

If anyone could please help me before things get worse, I need answers as too what is going on if anything at all. Please help! Explanations would mean a lot to me right now and I will be sure to explain further with any comments if needed!

Thank you!

-Kayley

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KayIsabel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-10)
mythmister,
your spelling/grammar is beyond juvenile... You have proved yourself to be our resident Saturday night troll.
Your ribbon will be mailed out Monday morning. You've earned it.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Why do people ask for help and then ignore it when help arrives? At least post something like, "I have a lot going on right now, but thanks for the comments. I'll reply soon."

Then, other people will keep asking for help and not say whether or not they've tried what others have suggested and don't give the outcome.

I know it can take up to a week for a story to post. Unfortunately, things have to be moderated. If you truly need help though, you should be checking daily to see if your story is up and whether there are any comments. Or at least give the story 48 hours to post. Then, start checking daily.

On to the issue. Yes, you're a teen. And to make things even more interesting, you're female. So, yes, hormones are going to effect things. I've heard of other teens experiencing the moods, nausea, etc that you have experienced. It's not pleasant and I feel for you, but it does happen. It might not happen to the average girl, but it's not so far off center on the bell curve to not be considered normal.

I posted this exercise under a story a couple of months ago:

I don't know the technical jargon for this type of exercise, but the concept is simple enough. If you are lying down, set your arms straight along your sides with your palms down. Try to clear your mind a bit. Breathe in and imagine positive energy flowing into your hands and up your arms into your body. Then, breathe out and imagine negative energy flowing out of your body and leaving through your hands. Do that taking deep breaths for about 5 minutes. If you are sitting up, sit in a comfortable position; preferably without crossing your arms or legs. Again, try to clear your mind a bit. To picture the following might seem funny, but it works! Breathe in and imagine positive energy coming up through your pelvis and into your body. Breathe out and imagine negative energy leaving your body through your pelvis. Again, do this for about 5 minutes. I believe this latter method has to do with chakras. You don't have to understand that for it to work though.

I'd recommend doing this type of thing whenever you feel anxious or angry and not just when or after a paranormal incident occurs. It can help you with everyday life.

If you decide to participate in the discussion, please let me know if this works for you.
MmLuvXx (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Hi kayley I'm kayleigh and I live with my grand-parents too. The exact things happen to me apart from the visions and man in the window. The feelings and depression and stuff might just be your period but I don't know about the light or the cupboard but the lights might be when someone turns something else on it makes the lights go dimmer and when they turn something off the lights go brighter but the cupboard is either a trick of the light or paranormal activity ❤
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
KayIsabel-we really need some feedback from you if you are to get the best advice, please let us know how you are! You might want to try staying with a relative for a while and see if sleeping somewhere else might make a difference. I really hope things get better for you. Believe it or not a lot of people here do care.

Champion
Vincent (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
Even though I too voted down for Amy's comment, I agree with her.

You're seemingly focusing far too much on this. If you tell yourself you're haunted enough times, you'll start to imagine that you are, and it'll seem real. (I'm not saying this is the case, that's an example).

Do something more productive and positive with your life, and start eating fresh foods and drink plenty of water. Insomnia has been known to originate from a sluggish diet/drink intake.

Boooyah!

Vincent
brlvg5 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
I think it's highly unfair for people to tell you it's faulty wiring causing you to feel this way. You said yourself you saw a man's face outside your window, so obviously something is going on. Only you know what you saw, but I'm assuming you wrote your story on here because you believe something paranormal is going on in your life. Sure, high EMF could cause you feel anxious, paranoid or even nauseous, but it doesn't cause faces to appear outside your window. It seems as if something is trying to communicate with you and is managing to possibly project its own feelings onto you. I would suggest, sometime when you have the house to yourself, talking to the spirit. Tell it that it is no longer alive and does not live in your home. Tell it that it must leave and move on to the next life.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
KayIsabel--I should suggest an electrician come in and check the wiring in the house. As we have learned from investigations, high EMF readings from improper or overloaded electrical sources can cause a wide range of physical and mental discomfort, including some of the symptoms you have suffered.
This inspection should not be expensive, and the adults should not object.
Before we leap into paranormal conclusions, we must explore all other more common, earthly explanations.
All the best to you
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Don't discount meds just yet. They have helped a lot of people. Many people suffer from anxiety and medication is the perfect remedy. Has your doctor put you on anything? You don't have to tell us what it is. I'm also confused. You mentioned your grandparents house at the beginning of your story, then you suddenly switched to the new house that you lived in with your mom? Are these two seperate houses? What does one have to do with the other? You may be seeing weird things, I won't say that you aren't. But you might want to see about getting medicated for anxiety first, it might make a lot of problems go away.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
you are fifteen which mean your hormones are all over the place. Most Docters don't want to put a teenager on meds especially for depression or mood swings as they can cause the problem to get worse for a week or two until your body adjusts and have caused people to commit suicide. Any time there is a power surge such as the air conditioner, refrigerator coming on they pull a lot of power causing the lights to dim for a second or a fan to even slow down (mine does this) Do some research on stress relief and try some of them to improve your day to day mood! Try walking or jogging for at least 45 minutes a day and breathing techniques every thirty minutes or an hour apart. If you do have a negative energy in your home by improving your own state of mind and mood it might decide your to happy to be around! The term misery loves company is very true. Keep us posted as to what's going on.

Champion

This comment from amy185 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from amy185 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: