You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Creepy Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy Hallway

 

After my very first experience with the paranormal, I didn't have anything unusual happen in my house to me or any of my siblings. But we do have a hallway which was always been considered very creepy which has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and a laundry branching off it. These bedrooms were occupied by my siblings, my sister down one end of the hallway, one brother directly opposite on the other end and my oldest brother on the side next to my other brother's bedroom.

As kids, we always referred to that hallway as "The Creepy Hallway" because whenever we walked down it, day or night, light or dark, accompanied or alone, we would always be really creeped out. Even to this day we still feel very uneasy in this hallway. I have also had several friends mention to me that my hallway feels creepy. We have always said there are ghosts in our hallway and we've always believed it, but we never knew what kind of ghost we had. Of course now we realize it is just more likely to just be a spirit not a ghost in our hallway, but at the time, we knew no better.

It wasn't until my oldest brother started dating his current girlfriend that it felt like things really got real for "The Creepy Hallway". All of us when ever in any of the branching rooms would feel like we were being watched so we would always close the door of the room we're in. When in the hallway it always felt like we were somewhat unwelcome in it and we were overcome by a feeling of just wanting to get out of the hallway and into either the main area of the house or in a branching room as quick as possible. All my siblings have now moved out of home and I'm the last one left.

I now have the room of my oldest brother's room where the feet imprint was seen. And I still feel uneasy going down that hallway to this day. My oldest brother's current girlfriend is very in tune with spirits and heavily believes in them and is always trying to learn more and get in touch with ones around her. She is currently trying to learn how to open her third eye (for those who don't know, the saying "opening your third eye" means to be able to see spirits when they are present rather than to just feel or hear them). She has a very close friend of hers who does medium work when not working her paid job.

My brother's girlfriend has tons and tons of stories of things she has experienced growing up as she is very in tune and I believe her when she tells me something. Her friend who is a medium did a session with my brother's girlfriend (who I will now refer to as BGF as I'm sick of typing it) to see what she could learn about anything. When BGF went to her medium friend, it was very early on in her relationship with my brother and her friend did not know my brother at the time, had only heard of him.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm lead to believe that during a session with a medium, spirits are telling the medium what to tell the client. When BGF was having her session, the medium grabbed some paper and a pen and said that some spirits were telling her to draw what they tell or show her. She proceeded to draw out what looks like blue prints of a house plan. When the medium asked if this plan of a house looks familiar, BGF replied that it was her boyfriend's house. The medium had drawn out my house from spirits telling her or showing her what to draw.

After the plan was identified, the medium circled a particular part of the house and ask if anything strange has ever occurred in this part of the house. BGF explained that she had always felt a very strong feeling in that hallway. She had always said to us that she also felt very unwelcome in this hallway. The medium told her than there was in fact a spirit in this house. All that she was told was that he was a male spirit that was very angry. He felt that the hallway was his territory and didn't like other people in it, and was always worried people would try and take over his territory. She also said that when someone is in his territory, he would try and push you out. This explains the unwelcome feeling we had always felt.

After BGF told us all about this, it all made a lot more sense to us but it was still very concerning knowing that there was a spirit in our house. We were told the medium said he doesn't want to hurt anyone (thank God) but didn't want people in his territory. We were also told if we feel like we're being pushed out, just try to stay strong and confident and think positive because we've always been told that spirits like this feed off negative energy.

After we were told this story, things began to happen. It was almost as if the spirit knew we now knew about it and was trying to be dominant over us. When my sister and I would watch TV by ourselves there were a lot of occasions where the TV would turn itself off, and we would hear the stereo system in the other room turn itself on to the radio at the same time. This happened so often to me and my sister and even more when my oldest brother would join us. We would always think it was the spirit trying to gain a dominant status over us so we would turn the stereo off, and put the TV back on and continue as we were. But when it happened as I was alone, I would always just go outside because I didn't have the courage by myself (which I always knew was giving in to the ghost, but I was never strong enough to stand up against it alone).

This went on for a long, long time and it would never happen when there were other people besides my sister, my oldest brother and I were there. If there was someone else with us, it would never happen. And we asked our other brother and our parents and they all said it never happened.

Just for reference sake, my other brother who is left out of this story never believed in this kind of thing, he did admit to feeling uncomfortable in the hallway but sided with my parents in saying its just kid's minds playing tricks on them. To this day I have never heard any stories involving the paranormal come from that brother.

After a while, the TV and stereo thing stopped happening and we encountered no more paranormal activities. And eventually my siblings began moving out and left me home with my parents. I then took my oldest brother's bedroom which I am still in today. I was happy because nothing paranormal had happened and I thought I was over this whole thing. Life was good. But of course, it didn't last.

Once again, I encourage you all to read my future posts and I encourage you to comment on my posts with any opinions you have or suggestions you have. Thanks you reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alphabet11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

coolcatfun (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-09-30)
Cool, I don't believe in ghosts, but I love ghost stuff!
Try to find more about him! If something happens you know where to go!

Coolcatfun
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-23)
I wonder why a ghost would attach himself to a hallway and not a room? The ghost may not want people in the hallway but how does the ghost expect people to go to room to room? It's hard to imagine that when the ghost was alive that he spent more time in the hallway rather than his room, living room, kitchen, etc. Just weird that a ghost would consider a hallway his territory. Thank God he doesn't want to hurt anybody though.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Alphabet11 - Just a suggestion... Explain to the spirit that your parents own this home now. Tell him that he is welcome as a guest and may freely roam the hallway as long as he is willing to peacefully coexist with your family.
Alphabet11 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Javelina

Yeah, I know that there are a lot of people on this sight that are willing to help if I need it. And I most definately will come here if I feel the need:)
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Alphabet11,

Thank you for the reply. I am looking forward to reading your next story. However, if you are in distress or the current situation has begun to take a bad turn, you can always start back here.
Just in case, you know?

Jav
Alphabet11 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Thanks guys for your comments, and thanks for reading.

Raggedwolf. No, we all had seperate rooms. Mine was not connected to the hallway as my sisters room seperated my room from the hallway.

Javelina. BGF is still around and still feels uncomfortable with the hallway as we all do.

And my sister, my brother and I were shown the drawing and yeah, it was definately our house. The reason I'm still not happy will be clear in my future posts I am currently writing.

Thanks again guys for reading and taking the time to comment, hope you keep reading my posts
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Very interesting story, I also think you should find out why the spirit feels connected to the hallway.

Also just out of curiosity, how is your BGF trying to open her third eye? I've researched that a bit and most of what I found were different meditation techniques. I was just curious if she had a different approach.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Alphabet11,
This is all very interesting, and the fact that things had settled back to normal should have made you happy. So why does it sound as if you are not?
Also, You don't say if BGF has been around much lately. Have you ever noticed a change in relation to her visits. Does activity escalate from those visits, or have things remained stable?
Thank you,

Jav
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Did you first start off sharing a bedroom? You don't mention this.
Misadee135 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
This is very cool. You should learn about the spirit and why he feels connected to the hallway
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
Did you tell your parents and other brother what your oldest brother's girlfriend told you guys? Even show them the drawing?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: