You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Freaked Holiday

Real Ghost Stories

Freaked Holiday

 

I have never really thought about looking up these sort of websites until now due to a friend, and I wasn't going to post anything until I stumbled across a few that I can relate to. I have recently come back from a holiday, which I will further go into more detail about, which has made me realise that this may be more serious than I imagined. I'm really looking for advise... Until I get serious and start to bringing investigators in and such.

A couple of years ago I would of made up all of the excuses in the world for these on and off experiences I have. It started about four years ago when I was 16. Me and my brother used to stay at my Grandmas every weekend and loved it! One night my Grandma had gone out with her friends, and we were happy to stay home and look after her dog- Marley. I was sitting in the lounge, when all of a sudden Marley started barking in one corner of the room, I had thought he would of just wanted to go out, so my brother tried to get him out, but he just wouldn't budge. This lasted for around an hour, lay there backing away and pouncing forwards whining. At last my Grandma came back and we were eager to tell her what had happened and an excuse for it. We were told that he occasionally does it and it didn't seem to worry her. So we forgot about it.

In the early next morning, I woke up and turned on my back. I felt a sudden weight on my chest, as if someone was lying on top of me, I tried to turn to my brother but couldn't move anything, I tried to scream, but not a single word would come out. However, as soon as I could move, I didn't want to do anything... As you would expect from someone who was scared for their life! I felt overly tired and went straight back to sleep. This type of thing only happened at my Grandmas, until I was the age of 18, where it happened everywhere I stayed. This experience occurs around once or twice a week.

I believe that over the years, it has gotten worse, and more powerful. Now living on my own, I have an occuring experience, that when I have been out and come back, my kitchen and bedroom light is always on, and I know for definate that I had turned them off before leaving! At night, I always get woken up by what sounds like scratching on my bedroom door from the outside, there are no markings on the door however.

So I had mentioned I had recently been on holiday. I went with two of my friends- Hannah and Tracey to Orlando Florida, and stayed in a small villa. I had another of the occuring experience where I felt like I was being held down. I had told my frinds about it, they are sceptical about what I experience anyway, but later that night Hannah had mentioned trying out a Weegie Board. I was completely against this, as I had heard that it could make things worse, but I thought that if this did work, then maybe I could sort this out to see whatever it was, wanted.

We were in the lounge, and set it up. We were sat there for abit fithteen minutes and were about to give up, when Hannah asked 'Are you there?' The glass wobbled and slowly moved around to say 'yes' We were all in shock, I asked at one point 'who are you' and it moved the glass around to spell 'Grandad' I froze and backed away from it, I couldn't believe that that had spelt it out. My Grandad had died when I was thirteen and we were really close. That was when I decided to stop, as I felt it was wrong. That night, when I asleep, I had the light on most of the night as I could sense something wasn't right. I was just getting to sleep when I felt a very strong poke in my stomach, I leaped up and looked over to where Tracey lay as I thought she had been doing it for a joke, she was awake reading, but she swore that she didn't do anything. After a few hours, Tracey was asleep and I decided to turn the light off. As soon as I did I heard VERY quick loud footsteps coming towards me, that is when I immediately turned it back on, but nothing was there. Nothing happened the next few nights that we were staying there, but I was completely freaked by the whole experience.

Now that I'm back from the holiday, the same experiences are happening, however it is becomming more frequent and active all over my house. Some advice would really be helpful as I have no idea what to do. Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HauntedKate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

indigogirl (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
That's not your grandfather. I don't want to scare you, but I have a strong feeling that it might be a demon. Most poltergist activity (which is what you seem to be experiencing) stems from a demonic entity in the house. It is pretending to be your grandfather in order to earn your trust. Whatever you do, try not to be afraid. It feeds off that energy and can become dangerously powerful (to the point where it can quite possibly harm the living). Follow geetha50's advice. I would also tell you to never use a ouiji board because it is almost like willful possession. It let's the demon into your house and tethers it there. But seeing as you've already done that... Don't make the same mistake again. Good luck.
BornSlippy (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
It is not your Grandad I don't think. Whatever this is I think it is evil. You said you where very close to your grandad so why would he want to scare you like this? Its a strange one:/ Thanks for sharing
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
HauntedKate,
This does sound like Sleep Paralysis, and you can get help for it too. There are University Hospitals, Medical colleges/schools, and Sleep clinics that do sleep studies and are always looking for volunteers. Most actually pay you for your time just to be able to study these anomalies up close.

Jav
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
That's not mean elephante81. I hate when those mistakes are made but who am I to say. I. Sometimes, make the stupidest mistakes and then after posting it, I would go "Duh!"
EvilAlbear (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
That feeling when you wake up and can't move or speak and fell pressure on your chest is called sleep paralysis. Look it up, I have had a few SP (sleep paralysis) episodes and these can cause you to hallucinate and hear starnge sounds. I talked about it with my friend the other day and he mentioned he's had a few episodes of these as well where he hears someone laughing and a zipper being zipped very loudly. Anyway as for your grandma's house there may be an entity there that the dog simply see's as an intruder and if it doesn't bother your grandma then it's probably not very harmful. As for the Ouija (weegie) board, I've heard countless stories where people play it and have strange occurences that seemed to fade within a few days returning things to normal. I don't think you have much to worry about and I hope you come to realize that soon (:
ANyway, very wel written story and I much enjoyed it Kate 😆
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
geetha has some great advice... Other than that I have only one thing to mention

I HATE to make this a grammar lesson, but something needs to be done about the constant incorrect use of this word...It's "would've" or "would have" not 'would of'. Sorry if that comes across as mean, but it needs to be said! 😁
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Personally, I don't think it's your grandfather because if, as you say, were really close and he cared for you then he would do these kind of stuff. Unless, of course, he is known is as a prankster and he loves playing jokes on you.

There are people who will be giving you much better advise but the ones I know would be the following:

(1) Put salt around any entrances where spirits can enter (eg. Doors and windows).
(2) If you are religious, pray to whatever deity or god you believe in and ask for protection.
(3) Do a cleanse or a blessing of the house.
(4) If you feel this spirit is negative, it is going to feed of any negative energy you create so create a positive energy by mediating a white light around yourself and the house. Another things that you can do are brightening up your place by letting natural light in or even redecorating you place.

Hope that helps!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: