You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: They Don't Want Us To Meet The Same Fate

Real Ghost Stories

They Don't Want Us To Meet The Same Fate

 

Practically everyone that loves paranormal and ghost stories has heard of the haunted railroad tracks near San Antonio, Texas. My family and I went to go visit our grandparents. We figured we would try to fit as much exciting things into our visit there. We thought we should go to the haunted railroad tracks. For those who don't know what the haunted railroad tracks are, there is an old story of a school bus that had children in it. They were coming home from school and being taken home when the bus stalled on the tracks. Suddenly a train came by and instantly killed all the children and the driver. There were no survivors, as for the train driver, it's unknown.

So now it is said that if you go to that site and put your car at least 30 yards from the tracks, put your car in neutral and take your foot off the peddles, the car will be pushed across the tracks and over to the other side to safety. We tried this and indeed it did work. We decided to put talcum powder on the bumper of our car because they say that if you do that before going over the tracks, when you get to the other side and look at the bumper, there will be small hands. We did this a few times and we did get pushed over.

A family after us did the same thing. We lent them some of our talcum powder and they tried it about two times. They did get pushed over but then something amazing happened the third time.

They decided to turn OFF the car and let it be pushed over the tracks. This worked the best. That's when the strangest thing happened.

They called us over to their car because before hand we asked if they found anything, if they could show us. They found something. We walked over to their car and right on the bumper was the clearest imprint of a young child's hand. Your probably thinking, " it must have been one of the people that owned the car" but none of their hands were like that. They had a young girl with them and the rest of the people were adults so their hands were to big and the young girls were to small. This looked like the small lanky hand of a young boy. It took all of our breaths away.

We had to try it. We went to the tracks and moved to the right spot. We turned off our car and we started to move. After we got pushed to the other side, we got out and took a look at the bumper. It wasn't as clear but there WAS something there. The little creases of fingers in the powder, it was there, they had pushed us.

My family and I believe, along with the others that this has happened to, that these are the spirits of the children that died in the crash. We think that the spirits of the little children assume that our cars have stalled on the tracks as well and they don't want us to meet the same fate as them.

Some people are sceptic about this haunting though. Some say that it's a magnetic field pulling the cars across the tracks; others say that you're just rolling over. I think otherwise because there once was a case were a car was trying to go across and instead of going foreword out of the way of the train tracks, it was pushed back, right after that happened, a train sped by. There was another when a group of horses refused to cross the tracks, they were fearful and skiddish. There have also been murder victims that have been found in the area, which adds to the eeriness.

So for those who don't believe, I can't tell you what to think but I will ask you this one question, when the car was being pushed over the tracks when we were there, watching the car cross, no visible person pushing the vehicle,...where did those small fragile handprints come from?

Other hauntings by wolfpaw999

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wolfpaw999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
I agree with eekamouse.
The whole time I was reading this story I was thinking urban legend snopes.com. Then I saw you posted the link LOL 😆
I remember hearing this story when I was a kid. People do experience their cars mysteriously rolling over the tracks, but there are other explanations as to why that happens.
Sincerest (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
My friend told me a story like that, but it was about children in a bus with an evil bus driver. The driver drove the children off a bridge. And she said if your car had dust on it and you went over that bridge you would see little hand prints on the widshield pushing your car away.
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-16)
The thing is what children? There is no record of bus being struck there and no deaths of children either. I believe in residual hauntings and other types also, but its just nothing has happened at this location to cause it. Now this is my beliefs on this particular location is all.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Oh I had read that other website about that story and I do Believe it and That right the spirits of children don't want other cross the same fate that they did. It really sad and they will never seen to grow up as a adult.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
Urban legends are just that. Blown out of proportion sightings. Suggestion is usually all it takes and the right atmosphere. Then there is usually physics involved or optical illusions. Not saying that one could not have a bonifide collision with a residual type haunting because it happens all the time it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. I guess we can call it urban lengend until it happens to us.
eekamouse (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-15)
This is a hard urban legend to swallow. This explains it.

Http://www.snopes.com/horrors/ghosts/handprint.asp

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: