You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Crying With Ouija Boards

Real Ghost Stories

Crying With Ouija Boards

 

So about three years ago me and some friends got really interested in playing with the Ouija board. Must have done it about 30 times throughout 6 months. We experienced a lot of creepy things but one particular session stuck out from the rest, this would also be our last time playing with it.

It was about 11'o'clock at night during the summer and we decided to bust out the Ouija board for some cheap scares and excitement. We decided to go to our high school, a place we've played before on a few other occasions, and where we get a lot of the activity contrast to other spots we go to. So we start playing at a bench just off the quad area at the school. We ask what's its name? Age? And if it was a male or female, our typical questions we start off with. The name was just some jibberish which we get a lot of, but answered 7 and yes to girl on age and gender. We ask another question and it stops responding.

We sit for about a minute with it only budging a little bit on the questions we ask. Now I start to stare off a little and my eyes are focused in on this one location, which I can't get my self to look away from. All of a sudden I start bursting out in tears (I'm a big guy and at the time was on the football team, so I usually don't cry often) I couldn't control myself and when I'd stop crying momentarily I couldn't breathe, then I'd gasp for air when I could then continue to cry. The weird thing was I didn't feel any emotion, I was just confused and crying while my 2 other friends look at me with puzzled and freaked out faces on. After about five minutes I'm able to stop crying and we decide to say goodbye and leave, but that was only the beginning.

We get into the car very frazzled and I still haven't said anything since we left, because honestly I didn't know what to say. We are all just very freaked out. We left in a hurry so I say "check the board, somethings wrong with the board." my friend in the backseat is sitting next to the board and he opens it up and everything is upside down. (we still aren't sure if we did that or if it were something else) so we put it back in order and start driving away. We all start talking about what just happened, and about five minutes down the road my friend in the backseat starts hysterically crying, It was awful to hear. He was screaming and telling us that shes angry and we did something wrong. So he's crying now on and off for about fifteen minutes, randomly yelling stuff at us, as we try to figure out what to do and where to go.

We all decide to go stay at our buddies house, the one that was driving and wasn't crying. My friend in the backseat finally calmed down and we go to pull over so my other friend can call his aunt to see if we could spend the night. Ironically my friend decided to pull over near the graveyard. My friend in the backseat says "look over there" and we both look over at the graveyard and both start crying simultaneously. We are yelling at our friend to go and leave but he's just casually on the phone with his aunt.

So as we are finally leaving the graveyard we turn on the radio to try to ease the mood in the car, as soon as it turns on the first thing we hear is "I kissed a girl and I liked it" being the first time any of us heard that song and we all thought it was a guying singing we all burst out into laughter, but a very odd laughter, almost demonic sounding from what our friend who was driving said. But it did the trick and we felt everything lighten up and nothing more came from it.

The next week following, me and my friend who were crying would have panic attacks if we thought about it, which was the first time for me experiencing panic attacks. It was just an overall very scary experience, we didn't know what was going on and didn't know if we got possessed or if this thing was going to be with us for more than that night. Me and my friend both still felt that whatever was with us that night still lingers with us, but also feel that it left when we were at the graveyard. But this could all just be in our heads for all we know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rynodeltoro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JBiebsbaby101 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
You should have asked her at time of death how old she was... And either how old she is now or how long she's been dead because when you ask a spirit or ghost how old it is it might tell you how long it has been dead instead of his/her age... And don't always believe what they say because they can lie just as easily as we can... For all we know you could have been talking to the devil himself

Kindly,
JBiebsbaby101
Rynodeltoro (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-11)
Thanks to everyone that commented, It has brought perspective to my experience and would have to agree with zzsgranny and happyspirit. All though it is sad to think so many spirits suffer after death. I'd hope that just maybe her sharing her emotion with me and my friend might have helped her, but who knows.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
From what I know about teenage boys (from raising one), they'd rather do anything than release emotionally in front of their friends by crying. The drama queen explanation is a woman's perspective and doesn't ring true in this case. In addition, Rynodeltoro said he experienced no emotion while crying. It sounds like it was purely a physical release.

Therefore, what I believe happened is that Ryno picked up on the need of a young spirit to release her tears. Because he was open through use of the Ouija board, she was able to use his body for that release. He felt no emotion because it wasn't his emotion. I'm not talking about out and out possession here, but I do believe that when we open ourselves to the spirit world, we can be influenced and our bodies used. This is one of the reasons why it is best not to play with these things.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Rynodeltoro,

Interesting experience. I agree the 'child spirit' may not have understood what was going on and was having problems 'controlling' the 'board'. If this was the case she may have 'reached out' the only way she understood how and 'shared' her emotions with you. This 'forced sharing' of emotions could have left you and your friend 'more open' or sensitive to others feelings / emotions and this being a new sensation to you may have caused the panic attacks.

May I ask what you and your friend saw in the Graveyard? Do you remember? It's the way you describe that part of this experience (I'll quote you) "My friend in the backseat says "look over there" and we both look over at the graveyard and both start crying simultaneously. We are yelling at our friend to go and leave..." What was it you saw?

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
have to agree with zzsgranny on this one.
Personaly I thought you might have been picking up on the girls feelings and they were comming through making you cry, I don't think any of you were possessed in any way just "feeling" this childs feelings.
Great story
Carl
Rynodeltoro (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
unicorns_16: We told a few people about it but most didn't believe us, which is understandable. And nothing has really occurred since the experience, Although when I drive by the school really late at night sometimes I feel what I felt that night, and almost start to cry. But I think that's just me freaking myself out.

Bacchaegrl: It was a lot of just "get out of here we are parked next to the cemetery" and we also felt a presence leave, so maybe she was just getting at us one more time before she left? I don't know it was just very weird.

And to the people saying we were just scared and jittery from playing with the Ouija board, We have done it a lot prior to this experience, So I would count that out as a possible reason.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Rynodeltoro: If you did indeed contact the spirit of a 7 year old, she may not have had the knowledge or understanding of how to move the planchette, or may have been confused by the reason she was contacted in the first place or who the heck you were... You may have been feeling her emotions at the time...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Olivia: I've been following your postings here, and I must say, you are coming across as a person who has little belief in the paranormal, and I have to wonder why you're here at all?...Though you're entitled to your opinion, you could express those opinions in a more respectful manner...Example: Your comment and that of DeviousAngel say essentially the same thing, but she didn't express her's quite so brashly... If your intent is to upset the author or other posters, I must ask you to leave, if not, then please take the time to think through your comments before pressing the publish button...
johntravis28 (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Hello. Interesting experience here alright. It is possible that you were overcome with fear which caused the crying. But I can't really explain it. I too would be interested to hear if you saw anything at the graveyard or was it just a "get out of here" feeling you got.

Thanks for sharing, oh and ignore Olivia. She is trolling around trying to start an argument. Can't wait for school to start again! 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
I do not think this has anything to do with possession or the paranormal at all. I think it was just emotions riding high, too much excitement from playing with the board and you guys got scared. Why would a spirit possess you just to make you cry like little boys? You said yourself that you felt no emotion. Probably just jitters. I would say steer clear of meddling with the paranormal for a while.

This comment from Olivia1234 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
Well...I liked the title of your story, it really drew me in. You had a very unusual experience, it seems. Usually guys wouldn't cry so much around each other, right? Did you actually see anything in the graveyard or was your crying just a reaction to seeing such a place? Hope you don't get lectured too much on using a ouija board.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
emotions are very powerful and can be triggered by many things. When you say you were crying can you describe how you felt, such as did you feel like you had just lost the person you love most or had made a terrible mistake and felt regret or in a great deal of pain. I ask to better understand what the reason for the emotion was. It seems that whatever spirit you had contacted wanted you to know how they felt and why.
unicorns_16 (2 stories) (13 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-08)
This is an unusual story... 😕

I can't really say much because I've never come across with this. Possibly you & your friend had been possessed. Did you tell anyone about it? Is it still occuring?

Do update.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: