You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is It Her Fault?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Her Fault?

 

To tell the truth I don't really know when my story began. I'm going to start from the beginning and let you into my background so you might understand a bit more.

Ever since the age of 7 I was a very troubled child and couldn't control my anger so I moved from my mum's house to my dad's, back and fourth a few times because my dad was an alcholic. Eventually, by the age of 12 I had had enough and chose to go into a residential care home rather than put up with all the crap. I learnt while I was there that a boy who lived there a year before had died in the house. I got a little creeped out but thought nothing of it. It wasn't until I had been there a few months that things started happening.

My bedroom was at the very end of the long corridor and while I was trying to sleep I felt like I had to leave my telly and light on because I was terrified that somebody was in the corridor. I would hear footsteps up and down the stairs in the early mornings when I knew that nobody was there because it was locked all the time. I constantly had the feeling I was being watched everywhere I went while I was in the house.

After 3 years my sister, Joan, decided she wanted to foster me, after all the paper work and stuff was done, I moved. Me and my sister became very close (we didn't meet until I was 12) and we told each other everything. I had two nieces who I also lived with and I doted on them and loved living in a family environment. Joan told me a few weeks after I moved in that she has had 2 miscarriages in her younger years and two abortions (the abortions were due to bad relationships) It was that very moment when it all started.

I left the house at 7.30 am to catch the bus to school. It was around 11 am when I recieved a text from my sister telling me to come home urgently. It didn't say why so I brought my schoolwork with me and made my way home. I got there and my sister is in the back room of the house and wouldn't move and inch. I asked her what was wrong. She told me that when she walked into the bathroom she had seen the number "8" on the mirror scribbled in soap. She cleaned it and told the children off they all swore blindley that it wasn't them.

Joan took the kids to school and got on with the house work, She worked her way up to the top of the house then made her way to the bathroom. The number was there again but this time bigger and harder to scrub off. (nobody was in the house but Joan) She noticed that it was exactly 8 years to that day that she has a misscariage.

It must of been about 10:30 when she picked my younger niece up from play school. The little one was playing in my bedroom (I leave out toys for them because my bedroom was on the bottom floor so they don't have to climb up the stairs when they want to play) and Joan turned on the big Hi-Fi set that was in my room and got to work on the spring cleaning.

The Hi-Fi started skipping so she walked in my room to turn it off. She told me she had seen a little boy sat on my bed right behind my niece, watching her. He slowly lifted his head up and gave Joan and little bit of a smile. She blinked and he had gone.

A good few months later, the day before her wedding, Joan was putting the final touches onto her hair for her day (she practised her hairstyle several times) and decided to get to sleep early for her big day. We had two of her friends sleeping over as they were bridesmades and they slept on the big corner couch. I slept at my dad's, as I didn't want to get in the way and my dad was on his own.

The morning came and I arrived at Joan's. Her cheif bridesmade had a face as white as snow, I asked what was wrong and she told me that while she was dozing off she heard loud footsteps coming out of my room and going up the stairs. She thought I had decided to come home and she carried on trying to sleep. As soon as she closed her eyes she felt somebody's hand on the forehead and a voice whispered "Everything will be ok..." She assumed it was my niece and was about to put her back to bed, but nobody was there and she checked the house, the kids were fast asleep.

Joan decided to get a medium in the house as we continued to hear footsteps at night and children bouncing a ball in the hallway. Nothing prepared me for what came next.

When the medium arrived Joan had arranged for the kids to go to their dad's and I went up to my nana's. She called me and told me when it was okay to come back, I did so and she had recorded it all on a tape. The medium told her that there was a little girl and a little boy in the house and they watch the kids all the time. Going back to when I first moved in, Joans keys and mine used to dissapear and we would find them in strange places. She also said they liked to play with a ball and that they like to hide our keys because they are shiny.

Here's where it got freaky. The medium mentioned that I always move my room around (I get fed up on the layout and move the bed and wardrobe around) when nobody mentioned this to her. She said that there was an evil presence in there that didn't like this and he also enjoyed to scare the children and hurt the cat. (A few months before any of this Joan's cat went missing, we found him after 3 months lying by a field in the middle of nowhere, unable to walk and covered in blood) Me and Joan ourselves had never experienced anything evil, Only heard children.

The medium refused to step foot in my bedroom for the rest of the session and said that if she did she would make him angry. She then went on to say that a close friend of my sisters and extended family member would end up in hospital on another island and my sister will feel the need to be there. (A month after this, her sister-in-law and bestfriend died in hospital in Manchester due to alcohol poisoning). She also mentioned that later on that year someone close was going to get pregnant (my sister found out she was pregnant in September that year but sadly lost it).

I listened to the rest and she said things that we had experienced then Joan turned the tape off. She didn't want me to hear the rest and wouldn't tell me why. She started getting upset. Ever since then I have felt like I was being watched and occasionally felt like something had got into bed with me and was breathing heavily on the neck. I got horrible pains in my thighs every night while I was in bed (Ive had tests done by the doctor and they can't find anything, besides the fact that it is only at night time) and I wouldn't dare to turn the light or telly off because as soon as I have done before I felt very uneasy and like I had to leave the room.

The medium never told us why this evil presence was there but the more I was there the more I picked up on it and I was constantly terrified. I started hearing people saying my name and when I turned around nobody was there. I was terrified of being in that house alone so I decided it was best to move on and get my own place when I left school. So when the time came, I left, got a job and now I am in a semi-independent house and I don't think this presence was anything to do with the house as I am positive that I am still being watched. I am terrified if I am left in a room alone let alone a house.

The staff in the house have experienced strange things as well. Before this was a semi-independent home, the occupants beforehand would report often seeing a faded little boy opening the back door and running up the stairs to the top floor and nobody knew what he was doing there or where he went as they were too scared to check it out.

I am too frightened to look in the mirror of a night time, I have to turn it around or cover it up but as I said, I can still feel that I am not alone. Although I don't experience things in this house I can still feel it.

If someone has any advice as to how to control my fear it would be much apprectiated as I am getting to the point where I can't stand being alone and the fear of being independent is killing me! I really feel like it's something to do with my sister, why these experiences are happening.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Asboo123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Asboo123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-20)
I went to see a medium myself last week, just out of curiosity. The woman seemed lovely and assured me everything was fine. She mentioned that my best friend (He drowned in a pool on holiday) was always with me watching over me and that I would be able to feel his presence, this got me thinking. Maybe he's sticking by me and guiding me and this is what I can feel around me, but how? Since the feeling I'm getting is that I'm not wanted and have never once felt comforted by what this is. I don't understand how this medium mentioned my friend without me saying a word and the first lady didn't say a thing about it. I definatly know something negative maybe evil is there, what if it is him and hes got unfinished business? I'm sooo confused! 😕
sammy94 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-18)
I suggest getting the house blessed, my aunt's house was haunted, but after she had it blessed the man who kept haunting her house was gone
lilymoncat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
As someone who has poked my nose in off and on in the realm of metaphysical learning, the little ones were probably the only 'real' ones in there originally since in my experience most mediums called into a situation like that seem to spout off about at least one angry and evil spirit. However, you may have ended up attracting a real one after that, because you began to believe there was one there. I can't offer much advice on how to get rid of it, but you might try some hematite, since its believed to contain and cleanse negative energy.
Asboo123 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Thankyou, feel abit more comfortable knowing that there are things I could do to ease it. The medium didn't say anything else apart from that she could not enter the room because she didn't want 'him' to get angry. I don't know what she was refering to just that she said it was evil. Thanks for the advice, I will try it out! Much appreciated. X
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Interesting... Joan must feel she has a good reason not to play the rest of the tape for you...

I find it really interesting that you didn't start getting uncomfortable until after this 'medium' did her reading of the home as said there was an 'evil presence' in your room... Did she also offer to 'cleans' the home? For a fee of course? Or did she just say...'Call me if you 'need' anything?'

Having said all that why don't you give this a try... At the very least it will make you feel better...

As far as these experiences involving your Sister...yes, it seems like almost everything that happened was centered around her... And I must repeat this... Nothing seemed 'evil' until this 'medium' entered your home... Please try the ritual I'm providing below... It should help take the 'fear' out of the home for you...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: