You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: One Unexplainable Weekend

Real Ghost Stories

One Unexplainable Weekend

 

This is my first submission to the site after reading several fascinating stories here. To start off, I'm 27 years old and in the U.S. Military. I grew up in the Bible belt of Alabama and come from a Christian home/background. I have always had a belief in the paranormal and have had a few experiences prior to the one I'm going to talk about, but this one was drawn out and I have not found any explanations for it.

My story starts on a Thursday night in Hampton Virginia. I had gone to bed, only to be woken up around 1:30 in the morning to the feeling of someone sitting on the other side of my bed (king size). It startled me at first but it went away and so I just figured I must have been dreaming and tried to go back to sleep when I felt it again on the side of my bed. I was a bit freaked out so I cut on my light to investigate to find nothing. I went back to sleep and didn't really think too much about it the next day (mainly due to my experiences similar to this in the past).

The next night, I was staying at my girlfriend's house. I had really pushed the previous night from my mind and didn't mention it to her. Saturday morning when I woke up, she complained that she was really tired because she woke up around 1:30 and felt a presence on the end of the bed so she sat up and prayed and watched tv. I was kind of taken aback by that situation and told her my story of the previous night which kind of freaked her out a little bit.

The day on Saturday progressed pretty normal, nothing out of the usual. In preparation for an early morning photoshoot on Sunday morning, she (my girlfriend) stayed over at my apartment Saturday night.

She woke me up around 1:30 saying that she just had a dream that she was looking down on our bed from above and saw some figure on top of her pinning her down, tossing her head back and forth, and dragging her over my sleeping body out of the door! Given the previous couple of nights, I was really curious/disturbed by that and started to think something bad might be at work so we prayed that God would protect us and keep evil out of our homes.

Sunday morning we were both really tired after not sleeping well and having to be up extra early. I came home from the shoot Sunday afternoon and walked into my apartment, washed my face with hot water and laid down to take a nap. A loud knock in my hallway woke me up from my nap and so I went to use the bathroom and noticed the water was running, but it was the cold water that was turned on and running.

That was really the last unexplainable thing that happened while I lived in that apartment, it was really strange to me that everything like that would happen over the span of 4 days. Any thoughts are appreciated. I will be posting some of my other encounters soon.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coolbreeze, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

coolbreeze (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
lynrinth, you're right, nothing bad happened...thankfully. It most certainly had my attention after that!

Champion, thank you! Yes, the two places kind of freaked me out too. But, again, thankfully nothing new going on!
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
coolbreeze- first I would like to thank you for your service to this country and welcome you to the site! I find it strange that this happened at two different locations as if whatever it is seems to be following you. Your girlfriends nightmare could have been caused by the situation itself but disturbing none the less. Keep us updated on anything new.

Champion
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Well, nothing bad happened... Except the dream. But other than that, it's been just maybe trying to get your attention. But still, praying seems to have been working for you. Keep it up, since it does a two-fold purpose. It helps with what's going on, and it keeps you calm. Good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: