You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: An Angel, Ghost Or Coincidence?

Real Ghost Stories

An Angel, Ghost Or Coincidence?

 

I've never written a story on here before, and I've been meening to since last year. I thought I'd submit one now as something really creepy went on!

I don't know if it's a ghost story, I feel like it's an angel but?

The other day me, my Mum and my Nana were sat in my nana's house. She lives in a big block of flats with 18 houses in it. My Grandad passed away last month (on the 20th of August) and ever since I've had an even stronger feeling of someone watching me. It's the sort of watching that you do youself, when you watch someone and you're smiling. [Every time I look at the corner of the stairs (you can see them through the mirror) I think I can see him...]

I got the newspaper (it was sat infront of my Grandfather's chair neatly folded in half) and flicked through it. I came to a story about a tv presenter's father dying of lung cancer the day before my grandad did. I found it strange and went to the puzzles page. This was my grandad's favourite and I was looking at the clues for the crossword. As soon as I picked up his pen and pressed it against the paper, the light went out.

I wasn't the only one to witness this, as my Mum and Nana were both sat at the table too. We all looked at each other and I gave a nervous laugh... Was this my Grandad trying to say "Get off my crossword!"?

Anyway, I left the puzzle and gave it to my mum, who, in less than 10 minutes finished it and closed the paper. As soon as she did the light came back on.

What do you all think? Was it him or was it just a coincidence? Both my Nana and Mum agree it was him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sophiestuds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is chance, four times... A pattern.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
sophiestuds,
First, I'd like to offer my condolences to you for the recent passing of your Grandfather.
Honey, you know the answer, it's in your heart, just like he will always be. I would still try to do the crossword sometime, maybe he'll give in then. 😊
Thank you sharing your experience with us dear, and welcome to YGS,

Jav
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
I think whether it was literally his spirit, or whether his spirit moved on immediately and that was either a coincidence or a manifestation of your family's love for him, the experience is equally real for you. Maybe nobody can ever say if his soul was there or if he was "only" there in your hearts, but he WAS there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: