You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Now I Believe in Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Now I Believe in Ghosts

 

I live in Boardman, Ohio, and there are three stories that I have since the Summer of 2000 that I would like to explain. Don't doubt my memory either- I remember everything perfectly, and I am 100% sure that this is accurate. I want to post it to see if anyone else had anything similar happen. I know it's a lot, but just read one of the three bullets if you don't want to read a lot.

1) One Summer Night...

This is the first incident that made me actually consider the possibility that what people call "ghosts" actually exist. I was in my basement around 9:00 PM playing a keyboard facing the wall. I saw someone out of my peripheral vision walking toward me. I could see all the features of a human: a head, arms and legs moving bilaterally, and even the walking motion was slightly exaggerated. It walked right up and stood next to me as if it was trying to get my attention nonverbally. When I looked, nothing was there... I was a little disturbed but eventually shrugged it off. Now, later that SAME night (around 1:00 AM), I was sitting on the computer in the dining room for quite some time. Everyone was asleep and I had been sitting still for about an hour and a half. I got up to use the restroom. When I returned, I passed the desk I was sitting at and headed for the kitchen. This is when I realized that the fan was moving very slowly as if someone just tapped it a second ago. It was moving the wrong way. Things became "creepy" at this point... I then heard an overabundance (more than usual) of little noises all over the house that night- like the house settling.

2) Someone in My Room:

This began in the earlier part of 2002 (let's say March). My parents and I were the only ones living in my house at the time. While in bed at night, I would hear a noise every once in a while that sounded as if someone was standing across my room digging their foot into my carpet. It was a scrapping or rubbing noise. Just rub your foot back and forth into your own carpet to see what I mean. This scrapping sound varied in duration and forcefulness. Sometimes it was very loud and fast, but sometimes it was more subtle and slow. This would happen almost every night for about two months. During these two months, a few other things happened that were even stranger. One night, I heard something slide across my floor very quickly (making the same carpet-friction sound) and ran into my bed. My bed shook. Another night, I heard someone dance or hop down the hallway hitting a "squeaky" spot in the floor several times. I'm sure it wasn't another member of the family just getting up- I would have heard my parents' door open- it's very loud. Another night, I was laying there listening to the usual feet-scraping, when something hit my dresser VERY hard. Imagine kicking your dresser as hard as you can with shoes on. I even heard the dresser's knobs dingle. Remember, this was right next to me- five feet away. I was very scared and didn't move. Then, about ten minutes later, someone knocked on my window twice. I still hear the carpet friction once in a while anywhere in the house to this day.

3) Loud Bang:

This happened in 2003. I was sitting in my basement on the computer late at night. Everyone was asleep. I then heard a very loud bang on the floor upstairs that came from the dining room. I immediately went upstairs to the location and found nothing out of the ordinary. It seemed to me as if someone had picked up the desk chair in that room and dropped it from about a two-foot height- which is LOUD. It was the only object in the room that could have made this noise.

These three incidents are the main stories I have. There are SEVERAL smaller things that happened to me. Things had fallen off the shelves many times over the years. The toilet sometimes flushed on its own. Other people who visited my house (friends, cousins, etc) reported seeing black balls floating around my basement. A girl I was watching TV with one night told me that while I was in the bathroom, someone walked down the steps who she thought was me, but nobody was there. Another person once saw a human shape walk past him in the mirror in the basement. When our dog died, each one of us (my parents and I) heard the same bark (just once) come from INSIDE the house the very next day.

If you are reading this and are thinking "wow, that happened to me," then please let me know via comments. I would like to know if someone else had any of this before.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

XDeMoNiCX_XAnGeL (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Sometimes I think "are people spirits for purgatory?" I mean people who are dead either go to heaven or hell but where do they go for purgatory? So I'm starting to think that purgatory is becoming a spirit and going to heaven or hell after it 😐
JPing (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Amazing. I've often heard noises as if someone is opening a door or footsteps down the hallway when I've been home alone. I've also on many occassion felt a presence in my room at night. I usually ignore these however and pass most of them off as my imagination.
realghostgirl (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
hey the same thing happens to me but its not a dog its my cat
its really wierd
Camoandi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
In regards to #2 I have experienced something running into my bed as well! I don't look I just try to go back to sleep!
jeya (4 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
you know as a matter of fact things like this have happened to me. Lol
But I think Shane summed everything up once again. Lol jk
The things that scared you the most happened separately through out the years? Hmmmmm I agree with ewb9 I think it may just be a spirit who wants you to acknowledge their presence. I don't see any threatening nature to it from what you have said so I don't think there is much to worry about unless it starts to actually harm you in some way.
much luck
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-26)
Creepy!Hmm sounds to me something or someone is trying to get you atteoin. Does anyone else hear these noises? Do research and investigate.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
Now I find the last comment by the author a bit entertaining. You have come to a website dedicated to ghost stories and wonder if anything like this has happened to anyone else here? 😜 No I can't see where anyone here has had any similar experiences. Just joking with you Mike, please don't take it seriously. Things that are unexplainable happen to everyone at some point in their life, now what they choose to believe happened is up to them. Only you experienced what you have told us, so that experience is unique to you, others here may have similar incidents but they won't be exactly the same. Dealing with what has been experienced is also going to vary, but for the most part as long as you don't let your fear control you and these spirits aren't harming you then you should eventually grow use to their presense and you may even notice that they will start to fade over time. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
I have had that stuff happen now and have before. I tend to ignore it unless they throw something. My experience witht that is that someone wants you tio know they are there and maybe want to tell you something.
Unicorn (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
When I still lived with my parents, every single night, I heard the sound of someone walking down the hall. It wasn't like the house settling, either... It was really like footsteps getting louder as they got closer to my bedroom. I would open my door, thinking it was my parents, and then there wouldn't be anyone there.
My mom is so sure that there are ghosts in her house that she's thinking about hiring a medium.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: