You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visitor For My Baby Son

Real Ghost Stories

Visitor For My Baby Son

 

This story took place only a few months back, when my son was a little baby around 5 months old. In my son's cot is a Winnie the Pooh mobile that is attached to the side of the cot and hangs down over the sleeping baby. When you wind the mobile up, the toys spin around in a circle and make a soft tinkling sound.

This one time, I had put my son to bed, and patted his back until he fell asleep (as per his routine) and quietly left the room. I decided that I would relax for a bit and browse the internet for something to do. I picked up my laptop and took it into my bedroom and lay down on the bed.

I was there for about 5 minutes when over the baby monitor I could hear a tinkling sound. I cocked my head to listen and I realised that the tinkling sound was coming from my sons room and it was the cot mobile! I felt a chill run down my spine; I hadn't turned on the monitor to put him to sleep... Who turned it on?

This cot mobile was not easy to turn on, and certainly not able to be switched on by a baby. You had to grasp the winder with one hand and then swiftly wind the knob with the other. I sat up and decided it was a good idea to check on my son.

I walked to the other end of the house and opened the door. My son was still fast asleep, and hadn't moved from the position I left him in. When I was in the room I didn't feel any negative presence.

We live in a new house (in a very old area) but have never experienced anything like this before so could it have been a relative paying a visit to the newest arrival or just a curious guest?

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScorpioGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Rook
I agree with all that you said, especially about perhaps a dedicated loved one from the other side whom thought it would be nice to play him a tune.
ScorpioGirl has there been any relatives you were close to that passed away. Even if it was years ago they still might be watching over you and wanted to meet your son.
ScorpioGirl (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Hi Rook,

Thanks for your comment. The mobile started to play, like I had just wound it up and went on for about 20 seconds. We only have the one child, so it wasn't another child in the house and we haven't picked up any other signals from a baby monitor before?

Thank you:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
ScorpioGirl,

How long did the Mobile play for... Was it a very short 'blurp' that got slower as it played or did it play as if it had just been wound up and started?

Kinetic energy (hope I chose the right term) can be stored for a long time... My wife collects music boxes and a few months ago one of them began to 'play'...it was very slow... But it was playing... They haven't been wound up in nearly a year and one of our cats had walked past on the shelf they are kept on and one of them 'sounded off'.

So the mobile may have 'released' a bit of stored energy... Or If your baby monitor was on maybe you heard music from another infants room...

Or perhaps you have a very dedicated loved one from the 'other side' whom thought it would be nice to have a tune play for your son...

Respectfully,

Rook
ScorpioGirl (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-26)
Sorry Nysa but not this one. I could understand your point if I had turned it on at some stage during the day then it MIGHT go off later that day but I hadn't turned it on all day. Also, my son's cot is set on the lowest setting and even as a 10 month old standing up he cannot reach it - let alone set it off by sighing? Thanks for your comment though 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-25)
Those wind up things often jiggle loose after they have stopped for some time. They work by releasing tension, even a small movement or sigh from your baby could have released the tension to set it going again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: