You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Who Kicked The Dog?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Kicked The Dog?

 

This story happened about 12 years ago. I think I was about 14 or 15 at the time.

My older sister, who is a year older than me, and I were both afraid of the dark. I know 15 is a little old for that, but hey it happens. Anyway even though we both had our own bedrooms we both opted to sleep in the same room, in the same bed. When we were kids we used to stay up all night having puppet shows with our stuffed animals, called the Eddie and Wrinkles show, we even took them to the world series! I have no idea why I just wrote that!

Before I share my story I would like to give a brief description of the house. It's a one level 3 bedroom one bathroom house. When you walk in the front door, you can either walk straight into the kitchen or turn right and go into the living room. When you walk to through the kitchen or living room, you come to and intersection, for lack of a better word, you can turn left and go down the stairs to the basement. On your immediate right is the smallest bedroom, and the one my sister, and I were sleeping in at the time, or you can go straight. Just past the stairs on the left is the bathroom and then the second bedroom and at the end of the hall is the master bedroom.

At the time we had a small dog named Zoe and she was a mix between a Mini American Husky and a Poodle. This one night my sister and I were asleep in the small bedroom that shared a wall with the living room and our dog Zoe was sleeping in the middle of the floor. It was the middle of the night, probably 2 or 3 a.m. When all of a sudden Zoe let out this terrible yelp like someone had kicked her in the ribs and took off into the living room. At the exact moment she yelped the light turned on full blast waking us both up. This is the type of light that has a dimmer on it so you have to twist it all the way and click it. We were both so terrified that we slept with the light on the rest of the night and Zoe refused to go back into the room.

More recently my sister had a baby boy, Cooper who is 15 months old and the love of my life! AND yay she's pregnant again! When Cooper was about 4 months old he started sleeping through the night no problem, with out a peep and my sister started letting my mom take him over night. The strange thing about that is whenever Cooper would sleep at my mom's house he would wake up screaming and inconsolable. I think one or both of my deceased Uncles were just checking up on him and scared him.

In January of this passed year I moved out of my parents house, finally! Right before I moved out I was asleep in my room which was the second back bedroom across from the master. Now my dad is the type of guy who ALWAYS has to say hello. It's really frustrating if you're just getting up to get a drink or use the washroom because it really wakes you up.

Anyway, this one night I had to get up to go to the bathroom and I was walking down the hall towards the kitchen. From the hall you can see directly into the kitchen and living room. I look towards the kitchen and I can see the dark shadow of someone standing in the kitchen with his arms folded across his chest, one leg crossed in front and leaning against the kitchen chair looking at me. Initially I thought it was my dad, but like I said HE ALWAYS HAS TO TALK TO YOU! However, when this "shadow thing" didn't say anything to me, just stood there looking at me I flicked on the light switch and poof... Nothing was there. It was gone! I just shrugged my shoulders and went about my business. When I told my mom about it the next day she called my sister and had her bless the house with holy water and since then Cooper has slept through the night at my parents house.

I wonder if this "shadow thing" followed me when I moved out and that's what I saw in my other story "My Boyfriend's Eating Pizza and I can't move". Just a thought.

Other hauntings by Fanny

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fanny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Fanny

The word "whinge" with an "h", is an Aussie/New Zealand colloquial term for "complaining/whining". You know, what kids do when mummy says "no".

Zzsgranny

Your troll song would be a great jingle for this site. Loved it!
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
DARKNESS thank you for the welcome! I know your intentions are good and thank you for the "heads up" but I honestly hope nothing of the sort will happen! πŸ˜† It would scare the begeesus (sorry,I don't know how to spell this "word"!) out of me!But,if anything happens, at least I know of a great community of people who will be open to hear me out and help me. You guys are a great bunch.
Thanks again

❀ Krys
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-21)
Geetha, I got the job in Hamilton!

After November 7 I won't be able to spend as much time on here 😭
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-20)
Grandma Taz, you maybe be a man but you're a well trained one so I won't count it against you.

Best
Fanny ❀
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
oh fanny that really got me laughing so hard.
I hope you get your wish, and he gets what's comming to him.
And I know exactly what you mean about men! It's like that old saying can't live with them, can't live with out them my "old man" used to laugh at this kind of thing until one night he had fallen asleep and when he woke up I was watching " a haunting" he got so scared by it he was shaking, so as you say MEN!
(ok I am one but that don't count)
Grandma taz ❀
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-19)
Grandma Taz, all is well for me. I was talking to my boyfriend about what has been going on in the house. I was saying that I think it followed me and blah blah blah... He laughed until he cried! I hope the ghost scares the crap out of him just to prove me right! MEN!

We missed you!

Best,
Fanny ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Granny have to commend you on your deleting finger on this page, many unnecessary comments! 😊 😁

KRYSTALLIA: Firstly welcome to the site, I was just reading your first post and I remembered something that a quite a few people who frequent have brought up, and this includes myself. Just by studying the paranormal and being interested in it, that is contributing and reading even on this site, can open your mind and yourself spiritually to these sort of things, please do not get me wrong I am in no way tring to put you off or frighten you it is just something to consider! 😊 As many of my friends here will vouch for me (hopefully lol) that all my intentions on this site and off are pure off heart and of the persons best interest. Welcome again!

Dan
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
well... Erm... Yes looks like it has all happened again while I was off!
Just popped by to see if you had added anything new and looks like some fun been had here 😲
Ok fun might not be the word to use lol!
Anyway hope all is well fanny
Grandma taz
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
I was there for a few months while I was with my ex. My ex still lives there, actually... I got accepted to the Art Institue of Toronto and I was going to move out there, go to school, etc. But we broke up and I went back home to my family. 😒 I still miss it though, and all the awesome people I met there. I experienced snow and riding the subway for the first time while in Toronto. Also the joys of bubble tea (boba to us Californians) and the Pacific Mall!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
DeviousAngel,
On your profile, it says that you are from California. You lived in Toronto before?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Fanny/Geetha: Omg I miss Toronto 😭 Good food, good times... Aw, I am getting all nostalgic now.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
KRYSTALLIA: There are a few of "you people" on this site! LOL πŸ˜†...Even though someone's never had an experience doesn't mean they don't know what their talking about... One poster in particular, bachaegrl, has contibuted tremendously to the site... We can't learn until we ask questions... Most of us are more than willing to answer questions and discuss things, and offer logical explanations...

And who knows?...Maybe something will jog your memory and you'll realise you've had experiences, and didn't recognise them as such 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
[at] KRYSTALLIA,
If you have something you want to say, just go ahead and put it out there. You would be surprised what knowledge is gleaned from newcomers. We all started right where you are, and eventually we took the dive. We just jumped in. You'll be just fine, I'll bet on that!

Jav πŸ˜‰

~By the way... Welcome to YGS~~
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Granny I'm not one to fear to express an opinion, but I usually only open my mouth when I know what I'm talking about. And I have no experience with the paranormal (yep,I'm one of THOSE people πŸ˜†) If am correctly understanding what you're saying, is it alright to just "put any thoughts out there" and perhaps it might make some sense? πŸ˜•
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Geetha, that's okay at least you tried. I drive to Burlington and then take the GO train. I can't move to Toronto. I have a nephew and my sister is pregnant again. It would quite honestly break my heart if they didn't know who I was. Also, no way would Adam ever move with me and I wouldn't go without him sooo... Commuting for me until I find something closer to home. YAY 😭

One can only hope he will listen, but sadly, you can't teach common sense 😜

Best,
Fanny
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Fanny,
I tried voting your last post up but it told me vote for someone else, so I'm telling that you got my vote. Now, do you seriously think that Tiger is going to listen to what you told him? I know someone with brains would but serious him? I don't think so.

My sister graduated from McMaster University. She would rent a place there and then come home every weekend. It was a hassle to drive her there every week.😐 Why don't you try to get a place here in Toronto, would it be easier? I live in Ajax and I have to take the Durham region bus, the GO bus, and the TTC. It takes me about an 1 and 45 minutes each way. 😒 Not Fun!
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Geetha, I work in defence so if you get into trouble, I'm your girl. Just don't do anything bad on purpose! I work in Toronto, but I'm looking into jobs in Hamilton. Right now I'm commuting 2 hours one way. Makes my 8 hour day into 12 😭.

KittenQueen's issue with me started when he was rude to Granny. I then read his story and told him he was full of crapola. You can see for yourself what it has become from there. Honestly though, what did he expect. He insinuated that Granny was an idiot for taking a piece of gravestone in her story Maria. If I'm not mistaken, in her story, Granny stated that she now realizes how silly that was. KittenQueen's comments were unnecessary and uncalled for. Granny is one of our most beloved, experienced and respected posters on this site. If your going to treat her or anyone else with this level of disrespect you are going to catch flack. I for one always look forward to her "crackpot theories". I think Granny is amazing, sweet and sincere in her concern for other posters. She quickly became one of my favourites and I always look forward to what she has to say.

The thing about YGS is that you are entitled to your own opinion and most people are willing to accept it for what it is and listen to you. People enjoy getting into intellectual debates with other posters, but most of them keep it light hearted and respectful. If KittenQueen had been able to respectfully disagree with others and reasonably defend his theories then he would be in a drastically different position now.

KittenQueen, there is no community here that gangs up in the newbies. I myself am new and I've been treated with nothing but respect and kindness from everyone here but you. I understand that you didn't mean to be rude, brash or disrespectful, but the truth remains you were. When people pointed it out to you, it got your back up and you went into full on attack mode, which in turn put everyone else's backs up. I think you're a jerk who is in too far over his head, but I don't think it's too late to turn it all around. Quit telling people "Maybe it's an Alien" come off your high horse, have a little respect for others and maybe, just maybe you'll get a little back. Please post another of your stories, I for one would be interested in reading that. Not to attack you but to genuinely read what you have to say. You have written many times that you have had multiple experiences with the paranormal and I'm interested in reading them. I really am done arguing with you. If you can't be respectful to the other posters in my feed then I'm going to politely ask you not to comment anymore.

Best,
Fanny ❀
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Thank you Granny... I do not know all your guys' powers or lack thereof as mods, it just seems ridiculous to me that trolls like this guy and that bluefoxx01 dude can keep coming back here and harassing people. Just expressing my frustration I guess.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
D/A: Usually, when Martin sees how many times I delete comments from individuals, he takes action... At this point, all I can do is keep deleting, and bug the crap out of him (Martin) LOL...I'll e-mail you about SGN...
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
KRYSTALLIA: πŸ˜†It mystifies all of us πŸ˜†...Nice to meet you, too, and welcome to the site... Please feel free to ask questions, or offer any theories you may have... Sometimes "crackpot" and "running with the scissors" theories are the ones that make the most sense! 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
I know I am probably sticking my neck out here, but what I do not understand is how people like this continue to keep an active account on this site after insulting others and continually posting things that the mods have to delete. It is the same thing with continually posting stories by authors like Simply Ghost Nights which are CLEARLY false. If the mods are aware of this trolling, attention-seeking behavior, why not just delete the accounts? Sure they can come back on another account, but as long as they can keep making accounts we can keep deleting them. Allowing people like this to stay on the site to me just says that we find that kind of behavior acceptible as long as it gains site traffic. If that is all this site is about anymore, I think my time here is growing short.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Holy Crapoly Granny!
You are FAST! Your trigger finger must be smoking by now! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Granny I was beginning to think that I am missing something! Glad to know that such stupid immature behavior mystifies others as well! Glad to "meet" you by the way!

All my best,
Krys
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
KRYSTALLIA, Fanny, and the other posters,

I have come to realize that people like Tiger come to sites like this one to try to grab attention to themselves. They may have things like the paranormal happen to them and they may have some solutions that the others could try but the way act is a turn off because they think that they are a know it all. When other posters think differently or don't agree with something they said, they get offended and then they throw a tantrum that drives everyone's blood pressure up. People like Tiger can't have a civilize conversation and therefore should not participate and even if they do, we should ignore them. There have been good debates among us and if we get side tracked we would come back to apologize later on; unfortunately people like Tiger like to drag it on. This is a prime example. Fanny probably pointed something out on Tiger's story and asked a question (which I don't think was wrong) and Tiger got offended and instead of properly answering back, he decided to throw his tantrum and when Fanny and other people decided to ignore him, Tiger decided to continue his tantrum on Fanny's story.

Tiger and people like Tiger,
What happened to turning the other cheek? I'm not asking you to be Jesus or something but at least try not to be a cheeky a$$hole! If you think we are not up to your standards (apparently, we are not as you are calling us all "baggots") then why are you wasting your time and ours by coming onto this site and making a fool out of yourself?

To granny, miracles, rook, Jave, and other posters like them,

I think I'm speaking on behalf of many people here when I say that I have come to respect your experience, advise, and opinion because of what you experienced. There have been many times where I personally haven't agreed with more than one but that doesn't that I respect you any less.

Fanny,
I'm sorry for your story was raided like this but I think there have been some good advise for you to follow. Keep us updated on what is happening. Now that I know you are working in the law field, I know who to come to if I ever get into trouble! LOL:)
TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
that really happebed thank you very much. You can say I'm crazy if you want but pssssh you don't know. Lucky I havn't posted more of my stuff. You guys obviously aren't ready for it.

At the end of the day we'll all see one day. Then you'll know... Then you'll know. πŸ˜†
KRYSTALLIA (64 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Fanny thank you! Sorry I forgot Gran! I have grown to respect all the individuals you mention. They are down to earth,objective,have humor and honestly try to help offering advice and opinions (the way I see it). Not once have I seen them state that they know all the answers.

I have read the poor guys story and I would rather not comment on it. Hope you catch my drift... πŸ˜‰ Based on all we have seen from him I seriously think that he has some sort of mental problem and needs help that nobody here can offer.It's a waste of precious time and energy even answering to all his BS.
Enough with this idiot.

Best Regards,
Krystallia
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
KittenQueen, Bread tree sky? Do you even think before you type or do you just spew random words? Seems like it. GAWD you are such a child!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
KRYSTALLIA: You're absolutely right... None of us claim to be experts, because there are no experts in this area... Only theories and anecdotal evidence... I guess, to answer your questions, we'll never know why trolls do what they do, but I think your theory about them not having a life is about as close as we can come to solving this mystery πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
KRYSTALLIA, No worries. It's quite simple really, Jav, Rook, Granny and Miracle ROCK! They try to help anyone who asks for their help and advice. They are all good people and they deserve respect.

KittenQueen, as I have taken to calling him, is an asspancake and he gets an award for that. He's mad at us for throwing the BS blankie on his story. Something about a Golden Demon Dog that later he said was actually a Dragon or something. Honestly I think he was high on cobwebs and caffine and maybe a little ego.

Welcome to the site. I'm new hear myself.

Best,
Fanny ❀
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-10-18)
Rook, thanks I'll give that a try. Don't worry about draging KittenQueen away. I like seeing what foolish things he will come up with next.

Granny, that was awesome!

KittenQueen, even though I said I would ignore you, what happened to "I will stop being a dork now. I've had my cry and winge. But trust me, I'm not an uneducated fiend. I have real experiences and I am knowlegable. I'm done trying to explain myself to those who don't want to know. If you want to behave this way then by all means continue..." If your so KNOWLEDGEABLE then why can't you spell it? And what is a Winge? Just sayin'.

Best,
Fanny ❀

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: