You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: What Did We Contact?

Real Ghost Stories

What Did We Contact?

 

So a few days ago I went to Toys-r-us and bought a Ouija board. The night I planned to use it I fell asleep. So I waited until a Friday to use it. When I first tried it nothing happened so I was like I wasted $23 on a board that won't work. Annoyed, I tossed it into the box and put it under my bed.

The next night I asked my sister if she wanted to use the Ouija board with me. At first she told me no. So I told her nothing will happen. She looked at me and said fine. So we decided to use it on my bed. I asked if anyone was there. Nothing happened. So I said "give me your answer." to my suprise it moved to yes. My sister looked up at me and I looked at her. So I said "if you're a good spirit move to the sun, if your a bad spirit move to the moon." At first it didn't move. A few seconds later it moved to the moon. I told my sister we had to move it to good bye. She looked at me and said "ok". So we moved it to good bye and I flipped the board over. She asked me why so I told her it was a bad spirit. She got a little scared and I said "don't worry we stopped it before anything bad happened."

The next night I said I was going to use the Ouija board. My sister wanted to play too. So I said fine. This time I did not ask the sun and moon question. We were able to get a spirit to talk to us. All of a sudden I felt something put a hand on my ankle. I looked at the board and I saw the pointer was going through the numbers and letters backward. Before I could tell my sister to move it to good bye, my dad came in. We both removed our hands and screamed. My dad yelled at me for allowing her to use it with me.

The next night my dad had to go to a store. My mom was home but she did not care if my sister used it. I told my sister we had to say good bye to the spirit. We sat on my bed waiting for the spirit. This time it went faster through the letters and numbers backwards. I moved it to "good bye" and flipped the board over. I told my sister I would let her borrow a cross to put on her bed. I had two so there was one for both of us. I told her that the cross would keep her safe.

The next night I was getting ready for bed and my sister told me the cross on her bed was upside down. So I walked over to her bed and I saw it. She asked me why the cross was that way and I did not want to scare her so I told her you must of bumped it the wrong way. She believed me and I quickly put the cross back down to what it looked like before it was flipped. My cross was fine, it looked like something could of bumped it though.

That night when I was in bed I felt like someone was on my legs. I laid there for a few minutes thinking it's nothing it's just my imagination. When it would not stop I became scared thinking someone was there so I jumped out of my bed and looked around the room. I could not find anything so I turned off my light and went to bed.

Later on that night I felt the same pressure on my legs. However this time it felt comforting. So I did not get up I laid there and was totally relaxed.

I don't know if this is a demon or whatever. So I do need someone to tell me what to do. Anytime I use it the spirit tries to get out when my sister uses it with me, it does not try to get out as much. I am a little scared of this spirit. I do sleep with a cross on my bed bar but any time I don't have it by me I feel like something wants me to leave. An example would be one night I was walking into my room and all my lights were off and I felt a very negative feeling like it wanted me to leave. I ran out of my room and turned the hall light on.

A few nights ago I was stuck in my bathroom like someone was holding the door shut from the outside. I spent four minutes pulling at the door and could not get it open. Finally I grabbed the knob with both hands and gave the hardest pull I could. When the door opened I almost got hit in the face with the door. I ran out of the bathroom as quick as I could.

I have not really told anyone. My parents are annoyed with me because of the Ouija board. Any time I bring it up they tell me people are going to think I am crazy.

Lastly, one morning I was in the laundry room and I could not find my shirt and I saw a black figure bending down next to me like it was helping me find my shirt. After it went away I found my shirt.

Does anyone know what I should do? I tried to contact the spirit one night alone with my Ouija board but when I did I started to feel really weak and the pointer started moving backward.

At night when my sister and parents are sleeping I get really scared and feel like someone is watching me. One night I could or swore someone was trying to open my window because I started to hear my window open. I was in my bed and looked and it stopped. My cats have been acting strange too. My one cat was looking up like he was waiting for someone to pet him. I walked by him and he did not move so I started calling his name but he would not look at me. I had to put my hand on his back and he looked at me and seemed startled.

What is going on? I'm scared that this thing wants to harm me. Please help. If you are going to say something like calling me crazy please don't waste your time.

Other hauntings by werewolfluv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, werewolfluv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ind15000 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
NEVER play with an ouija board! Ever! 😠 😭
Anyway do the usual routine of saying a prayer and sprinkling holy water on the board!
I heard about this thing where you put salt around your room or something, try that.
Oh, and I think letters moving backward is bad and I think (dont quote me on this) an upside down cross is bad too...
Best of luck to ou! 😊
angelindisguise (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
First let me tell you that playing with a ouija board is like playing with matches. Sometimes it is a small fire that comes alive and sometimes it is a huge ball of fire that destroys everything it comes into contact with. Either way you will get burned. Never play with a ouija board because it opens a doorway and sometimes what comes through is not sweet and cuddly. Never burn a ouija board as it is like destroying the door and leaves the doorway open for all sorts of beings to enter. Saying goodby and turning the board upside down does nothing. Second You must seal the doorway. To do this take the ouija board still in the box (remove the top) and with some Holy Water make the sign of the cross over the board. Say "By the power of the Sacred Heart of Jesus this doorway is now sealed forever." Take a cross and place it on the board. Place a picture of the Sacred Heart on the ouija board. Say "Enforced with Saint Micheal's sword no evil shall ever grow or spread from this doorway." Now take the top and place it back on then box. Wrapp the box in brown paper and throw it away in the trash on trash day morning. The ouija board must be in the box when it is destroyed. If at all possible watch it be destroyed in the trash truck compactor. Third burn white sage in your home with all the windows and doors open. As you walk through your home say "By the power of the Sacred Heart of Jesus no negativity is allowed in this house, only positive energy, light, and love are welcome. No evil shall dwell within these walls nor grow within its beams. This shall be enforced with the power of Saint Micheal and his mighty sword." Take the ashes from the burnt sage and rub it on the edges of all the doors and windows. Save any unburnt sage and repeat process in 6 months. Lastly place a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in your room on the right side of your bed. Always keep him to your right and you will be safe. Most importantly believe in his protection and love for us. Never touch a ouija board again!
StudentDO (1 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
It sounds like you've got a human ghost trying to be a badass. It's scary but, for the most part will not harm you. Back when I was in college my friends and I investagated a similar situation. The ghost acted mean and menacing. We provoked it (not a good idea) and it manifested very weak abilities, the biggest thing it did was curse at us on the EVP tape. The people we investigated for called their minister in to bless their house.
Oerath (30 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
Probably not a Demon, as this is really fairly mild for an accidental invocation. I agree with gelflingfay that it may be more than one entity though. Her cleansing technique will certainly be effective, if perhaps a tad overboard (though it is certainly better to go overboard than not do enough in these situations). Rook's method, which MissyM recommended, is also effective, though it does require a certain level of mental discipline to truly work.

And of course, get rid of the board. I don't recommend defacing it, but burning it can be effective in the right ritualistic/symbolic context. At the very least though you must disavow it when you throw it away. Announce firmly that you surrender any claim to it and renounce it's influence on your life.

If you further feel the need to dabble in the occult: do some research, find a mentor, but for God's sake don't just start fiddling around with the veil between worlds all willy-nilly like.
Louise21 (3 stories) (33 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-21)
Maybe your hands were wet when you were trying to open the bathroom door?
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
For the love of god what is it with people using oujia boards on a whim? Why would you keep using it if the spirit scares you? Why would you keep using it if it said it wasn't a good spirit/ Why would you keep using it after it turned you sister's cross upside down? Get rid of the board and try and cleance your home before it's to late. Oujia boards let all kinds of things in and no, it doesn't matter that you said goodbye and flipped it upside down. Why on earth would they be selling these things a a childrens store?!
believer21 (3 stories) (56 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-20)
I'm a bit confused, seeing as how you already were feeling an enity back in Sept. I think that you may just be paranoid, as a few others suggested on your other story.
I don't doubt you, but considering that you had similar experences while using an online Ouji board, its harder for me to believe 100% that you have attracted a demon. With that being said, "parnoia is total awearness", in other words its quite possible that because you are parnoid about welcoming something in that your fear and anticipation is creating paranormal like experences.

I will now repeat what others have said, stop using the board and don't pick it up again. Remove it from your house and clense yourself and your space. Don't not burn the board as this can anger an entiy that has used the board as a door way, do not deface it either. Just throw it away as far from your residence as possible.
If you did invite something in, it is going to be a long road to remove it. And there are chances you won't be able to completly remove it from your life.
Sorry for the long post, and I hope I have not offended you.
gabbybolt (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
I don't know what to say except DO NOT USE OUIGI BOARDS! Spirit's are not good company to keep! And yes, I have a spirit in my house, don't call me crazy. It's never physically hurt me, but it only does stuff when nobody's around me except for my dog. I've had plenty of expeirences with spirits, including my old apartment when an older man was haunting my family. We're in a new one, but there's something trying to contact me, nobody else.

I'll tell you recent things that happened. Last year, I slept with a fan and paper's would move under my bed, I started sleeping without a fan, but they'd still move. I'd even point my fan another way, but they'd still move!

I started sleeping with a TV, and my dog (His name is Bear) was sleeping at the bottom of my bed. I'm assuming he was asleep, and I was just drifting off. Bear then jumped up, and I awoke very quick. I looked at the bottom of my bed, where my closet was moving side to side violently.

Another time, I was searching through Facebook, and I turned around. I felt nervous. I looked at the kitchen, and it was pitch black. I turned around and kept on talking to people on Facebook, and posting statuses, but I then heard a click. My dog was right down the hallway, lying beside my moms room. I turned my head, and the light above the stove was on, nobody was around me except for my dog. And I know for a fact I saw somebody run across the kitchen. I ran off crying, terrified.

The next time, my mom was in the bathroom cleaning the floor. I closed my bedroom door, and my mom closed the bathroom door, cleaning. Bear was lying on the couch behind me, my dad was at work, and my sister was on her iPod. This time, I knew something was wrong. I was on the computer. I turned my head toward my bedroom.
And the light was shining out.
Who opened my bedroom door?
My mom said it was 'Just the Wind from the Bathroom', but the bathroom door was closed.
'Sides, If it was "Wind", I DEFINANTLY would've heard it opened. The only thing I heard was silence.

That's my expeirence, and hopefully you'll be okay. Ignore it.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
I agree with what others say here. The one time I used an Ouija board, nothing bad happened, but everyone else asserts that they're bad news! Don't use it anymore, not even to contact the spirit. Put it away and if the spirit keeps pestering you, use assertive and confident words to tell it to go away. I can't tell you how many times I've seen stories where someone told a spirit to actively go away and it worked. Try it. If anything else happens, let us know! 😊
MissyM (2 stories) (152 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
I agree that you should stop using the ouija board. Best case you scared yourself and your sister worst case you contact something you don't want to.

Rooks Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
#1 stop using it. Everytime you use it it seems to get worse. #2 don't allow your sister to do it again. It seems to have an interest in her that in no way is good for her. #3 It seems to be more than one. My thought is that it is 3 or more. Be cautious and stay guarded. Build up your courage and keep it high. Get annoyed with them if anything. Try not to be afraid and really try not to show it! Remind yourself, your sister and any spirits that it is YOUR space! Yours and your families! Do not let them push you around! #4 Clearing the space. You will not find the answer on how to get rid of them by using the board. The answer is not there. Burn some incense, sage, etc. Get some holy water of the religious faith of your choice, and perhaps even salt. I like to use salt water during cleanses. State your demands outloud. Sound solid and firm! Say what is not allowed and perhaps they are not if this is how you feel. Do not leave any wiggle room for them. They over stayed there welcome and now to leave at once! That they are never to touch, talk to, or effect the people in your home or on your property in any way and that they must leave. Thank any spirits that were there as family or friends but that things have gottan to out of control to tell the good from the bad and that you need them all to leave! This is your family your home and that you will no longer stand for this. Pour alittle salt, spray alittle holy water burn some incense or sage, say a prayer if that is what you do, and do this in each room. Do this after you remove the board from your home. Perhaps pour a good bit of holy water on it... Take it to a dumpster behind a grocery store. Somewhere far from your home and make sure that others cannot use it either before you get rid of it. Paint over it and perhaps mar the board. Do the big cleanse once or twice a month for 3 months (longer if needed), weekly spray the rooms with holy water and pray in each room, and daily if possible your family doesn't mind the smell burn some incense in the most effected rooms. This might seem extreme to some but this really is not a big process and I would certainly call it necessary. Atleast for now. My children are taught that if they feel something is near to announce that it should leave. It is not invited and needs to get out and never come back. We are going to start keeping holy water in there room next year when my youngest is old enough not to think it a toy. You must stand your ground and fight for and protect what is yours! Your family, your home and your sanity! Good luck!
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
If it makes you nervous to use the board, why not stop using it? Stop trying to contact it that way. I have read other people on here suggest just talking to it out loud, asking it what it wants or to leave you alone or something like that. Maybe try that? Also try praying when you are scared and feel like something is there. Just a thought.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
For those of you who have had experiences with ouija boards, correct me if I am wrong but one of the non-spiritual dangers of using them is their level of addictiveness. Adrenaline is a mind-altering chemical substance every bit as effective as other drugs, so it does not surprise me that there are adrenaline junkies in the world. People sometimes get their kicks by being scared. Sure, it is physically a lot safer than taking heroine or LSD or whatever but it is still an addiction. I think you are addicted to the fear that you are trying to shake. My best advice in this instance, is to get rid of the board and stop dabbling in the occult. If you need your adrenaline rush, watch a thriller movie (not horror, but thriller, so you do not psyche yourself out) or do something safer that does not involve meddling with circumstances you cannot control. Whatever you do, just be careful, and please do not drag your little sister into something that could potentially hurt her. You are supposed to be her protector.
Wigglebugette (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
I have probably read 90% of the Ouija board stories on here which have been posted between 2006 to now from many different users and have heard friends and family tell their own Ouija board experiences. The very strange thing is they all seem very, very similar as in they all could have contacted the same thing (ghost/entity/demon/whatever). And out of all the experiences 95% are negative. Please note this is observation only. I did try using one once or twice over 15 years ago but thankfully nothing happened (I do believe they can work). They are said to be addictive once it starts working which would explain why werwolvluv here continued to use it even though they were scared. Unfortunately it seems the damage is done and something was set loose. First things first stop using the board. I don't know what else to do but I'm sure there will be lots of suggestions coming your way. Good luck and stay positive! ❤
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
Most of the time when people use talking boards I believe they are moving the pointer unconsciously. Then they believe so much in the story that their unconscious mind made up for them, that they start to see & hear things to go along with it.

I am a little confused about why you have continued to use the board if it scares you & you believe it is bringing unpleasant things into your life. That seems counter to your claim that you want it to stop.
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-19)
One piece of advice: Don't use ouija boards! Stay away from them! I don't really know what's up with them, but I constantly read about scary things happening to those who use them and my mom nearly freaked out when I once said that I want to try it out, and she really knows a thing or two about this subject.

I'm not sure what you should do now because I have no experience with Ouija ghosts, but your entity doesn't sound too dangerous so far when it wants to help you finding stuff or wants to pet your cat, lol.
If I were you, I'd stand my ground and wouldn't show if I'm afraid, but I wouldn't try to get rid of it either so it won't get mad at me. But keep the cross if you are christian.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: