You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Physical Contact From Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

Physical Contact From Spirit?

 

I have always really believed in the supernatural, but until a few months ago it had always seemed so far away and not personal to me. Nothing serious had ever happened before.

I am almost 16 and I was on work experience (for those who do not know it is taking a trial of a certain job to get an idea of how it feels to have a real occupation). I decided to go to my old primary school (in America I believe it is called an elementary school?).

Two days into my week of work and I spent the day in the youngest class. In the morning I had no bad feelings or any kind of premonitions (not that I have experience any of that kind of thing before) and the class seemed normal. The classroom I was in is situated in the oldest part of the school before everything was built onto it, which I did not find out until after what happened.

When it came to lunch time I got out my lunch and sat down within the confines of the class, all the children had gone out to play and the other teachers had gone to the staff room. As it was only my second day I did not want to go in there as I felt too young and silly doing so. I sat at the children's tables and started eating. I felt a tug on my hair and turned around wondering if a child had gotten in without my noticing, but still the room was unoccupied apart from me. I returned to my lunch blaming it on my hair getting caught in the chair or on a piece of clothing. I was too scared to admit to myself that it could have been anything more.

About 10 to 15 minutes later I felt a very decisive tap on my shoulder, not the kind that could have been a coincidence. After that I got up slowly and left for the staff room. Good news is I got over my worries of eating in the staff room, bad news is that it scared the hell out of me.

After my mother consulted the office worker (her office is directly adjacent to the classroom), she said that often when working after school hours she had heard loud noises and bangs but had always blamed it on the pipes or the school "settling" as people often do.

I haven't been back since and wanted to find out more but wasn't sure where to search. There was a news report in 1885 from the Grantham Journal regarding an accident around the surrounding area of a young child but I do not have access to it which is a shame.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 07alihic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

07alihic (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-14)
Hiya guys, thank you so much for your comments, I love hearing the different views! I have unfortunately left school now and do not have any contact with the primary (elementary) school at all which is a shame, I think the only viable place is the library. Seeing as I am too young to drive myself there I think it's a waiting game until I can get a lift. Can't wait to hear more from you guys!
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
Oops! I see my dyslexia has gotten the best of me again! I meant 07alihic, not 07ahilic.

Sorry for mangling your name! 😢
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-11)
You're still in school yourself, aren't you, 07ahilic? So you can get away with asking pretty much anyone pretty much anything. Just say it's for a school project or a paper.

"I'm doing a project on folklore for my sociology class. Do you know any local legends or ghost stories?"

"I have to trace the history of a building for my term paper and I thought I'd do this school. Do you know where I can find any information about its past?"

Do let us know what you find?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-10)
You don't suppose the building had been anything beside a school? I've heared older folks talk about their child labor days, (like in coal mining, or canning factories) say that some factories didn't give the children breaks because-they said- children had more energy than adults. So food was a big issue. Only a thought. Maybe it was the lunch.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-07-09)
Hi 07alihic, welcome to YGS,
You might try asking at the local library if perhaps they could get you a copy of that report. It might be on micro-film somewhere. You might also talk to both current and retired staff from that school. Ask if they know of any legends about the school. That's generally the 'safest' way to approach it. Initially, I was thinking that if this was a child spirit, then it would be of a more modern one, as back in the 1800's children were seen and not heard, and one would not dare touch an adult in that manner. But you are young, seated at a students' table, you could have been mistaken for another child. I think you should broaden your search parameters. Start with requesting a history of the school. Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: