You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Finally Making Contact

Real Ghost Stories

Finally Making Contact

 

Let me begin by saying that although I have great respect for the paranormal and DO believe in ghosts and life after death, I am NOT in the least bit psychic. I do not have anything at all of what can be regarded as a sixth sense or ever get premonitions or signs or anything. My mother does. She often dreams of things and they come true and often talks of people she hasn't seen in years only to have them call her within the hour! My husband, as well, has seen his deceased father countless times in the 11 years we've been married (but that's a story for another day!).

Anyway, my story begins when I was 7 years old. It began as any other weekday. I was awoken by the sound of my parents eating breakfast I was still in bed. My father came to say goodbye to me before work, but me being a silly seven year old, pretended I was sleep and didn't respond. I wish I hadn't. Sadly, my father was killed by a drunk driver on his way to work and I never saw him again. Life, as I knew it, changed.

The following days after my father's sudden and unexpected death were a whirlwind. My mother planning a funeral with my paternal grandmother and lots of people coming by to pay their condolences. It was a crazy few days. Finally it all died down after his funeral.

The first story I heard of a family member making "contact" was my maternal grandfather. My grandparents were separated and my mother and I were staying with my maternal grandmother for an infinite amount of time while my mother sorted out what to do with my father's things, and my grandfather was staying at our house so it wouldn't be alone. He later told me he was watching TV, watching my father's favorite sport to be exact, and was sitting in my father's favorite chair when he was overcome by emotion and started crying. He said he just missed my father so much. At that exact same time he said all the windows in the house started rattling, as if someone was knocking on them all at once. It was a small, single story 2 bedroom home, and he said every single window shook at the exact same time. My grandfather said he called out, "Yes, I know, you're here!" After he said that it all stopped and all was quiet. My grandfather said he wasn't afraid but was comforted because he knew my father was there.

The next story I heard was of my great-aunt. As I said, my mother was in the process of dealing with my father's belongings and there was a sweater of his my great-aunt wanted. By now it was January and my great-aunt said she was the first to wake up and with it being a particularly chilly morning she put on my father's sweater and set about to cook breakfast. She said she was all by herself cooking when she said she felt a sudden tug on the side of the sweater and heard my father's voice loud and clear right by her ear say, "Hello, Aunty." She too wasn't scared, just surprised she said.

Of all the people to have experiences, my mother had the most, which to me, made sense. She actually told me that she dreamt of my father dying in an accident a week before he died. She said she wondered if she should mention it to him, when HE told her he had dreamt of his father, who had passed away years before. She then decided against telling him because the two dreams scared her.

She said in the weeks following my father's death she would be laying in bed and feel a pressure on the bed of someone sitting on the side of the bed then laying down. She said she knew it was him. I asked her if it scared her she said of course not.

She had countless dreams which she told me about, but the one I remember the most was one where she was walking down a crowded street and my father would come out of the crowd to her and say, "Come with me." She would resist and say, "No I can't, you're dead!" and she would then wake up.

Fastforward to me being 19 and in the 12 years that had passed since my father's death, I had never seen my father, never heard my father and never even had a single dream about him. As I grew older it began to press on my mind. Even my cousins had by now told me they had dreamt of him or had heard his voice (my aunt and them moved into our old home after my mother decided it was too painful to live there) and I kept thinking, with me being his child, why wouldn't he contact me!

This particular sunny day I was in the shower. The bathroom was a long rectangular shape and had 2 doors. One connecting it to the master bedroom and one going out to the hallway. The doors were perpendicular to each other and were so close that if one was open wide and someone opened the other door, it would cause them to bang against each other.

We were actually staying at my uncle's house for a while and I went in to have a shower and only locked the hallway door since I knew no one would come in through the master bedroom, but I made sure I shut that door as well and the window was also closed. As I showered I started to think about my father. For the first time I actually felt angry and resented never to have had any "contact" with him after he had passed. In my mind I angrily said, "I'm your daughter! Do SOMETHING!" And at that exact same moment a part of the shower curtain got pushed in, it looked as if someone had actually punched the shower curtain from the other side. I froze. Window and doors were close, there was no draft, and even if there was it wasn't the whole curtain that moved, it was that small specific spot, right in the middle, it was quick too and then it was still. I peeked through the side and no one was there. I won't lie, it scared me to death! But I was happy. I had finally made contact.

I am now 32 and this year will mark the 25th anniversary of his death. I've had no other experiences since that day. On a side note though: when my husband and I first met and were getting to know each other still, I was telling him about my dad and he asked when in November he had passed away, I said "November 28th." He looked at me and said, "Oh, I see. November 28th is my father's BIRTHDAY!"... Such is life!

Other hauntings by MissAngelaA

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissAngelaA, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissAngelaA (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-27)
The posts are so wonderful:)

Miss Revajane, I hope you also find the contact with your late husband that you are looking for... Just clear your mind and heart and don't overthink the message too much. Remember, once we pass on we are all "ok" we're not in pain or feel anything negative from here, all is goodness:)
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-14)
Just finished reading your story. I do understand about wanting a loved one to let you know they still care. I know there were many times I asked my late husband to give me a sign he was ok and the only dreams I ever got always leave me feeling rejected and crying. I always wish I understood them or the reason I feel so rejected.

I'm glad you were able to find peace with knowing your was watching over you.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-13)
your story made me cry, very touching and beautiful. I'm happy for you that you finally made contact with him, what a wonderful feeling huh? Well now, maybe not during that moment hehe. And how cool is the birthday thing. With an end comes a new beginning... God bless you, thanks for sharing.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-13)
Awesome story! Sounds like you guys have a guardian with you.
MissAngelaA (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I'm so happy that many so far have found my story warm and touching since it means so much to me. Now that I am older I really do believe our loved ones that have passed away are with us always and its such a comforting thought to have!

Now that I have a child of my own I also see where maybe my father waited until I was ready to experience contact with him!

Thank you all for your comments and I welcome any one else who wishes to comment to do so!
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
This story was very touching.
I am a skeptic, but this story made me feel warm and comforted.
Maybe you took so long to make contact with because your family maybe was more open to it or he wanted to save the best for last?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-10)
MissAngelaA, Welcome to YGS. This is a heart-touching story. Even though he has not made contacts with you for so long, I feel he was with you and protecting you. I feel, like Argette said, he didn't want to frighten you if he made his presence known. On that day in shower, you badly wanted him to make contact, he did make his presence known. I think he is still with you, loves you and protects you.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
mimerkki (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
So is life indeed. Little hints sprinkled around. I also am sorry for your loss. We don't get to know the reasons (at least not here) why someone passes away when they do. I think God or whatever you believe in, tried to prepare your mother at least in some small way with the dream, as if telling her, that "this is coming, I am sorry".
FirehouseDracula (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-09)
MissAngelaA,
I know it hurts so much to lose a parent or other very close family. I'm sorry for your lose.
Maybe your dad wanted a special way to contact you or had tried something previously that didn't quite work. And when he saw how frustrated you were he let you know he's still there watching over you the first and easiest thing he could use to do with.
FIREHOUSEDRACULA
Argette (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
Yes, I agree with Lady Glow: I found his very touching, too, and I am saddened for your loss. Your father clearly loved you all very much. Perhaps, until you communicated with him, he did not want to frighten you by reaching out.

I agree, too, that he is looking out for you.

My father has communicated with me, too, one through a medium and twice through books.

Welcome and thank you.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-08)
MissAngelaA: I'm sorry for your loss.
I find your story very interesting and heart touching.
It had to be frustrating for you not to make contact with your father after all those years and knowing that he made his presence felt to so many of your relatives, but I'm sure that he was, and still is, looking after you.

I'm looking forwards to read your next story.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us and welcome to YGS.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: