You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Lady Dressed in Black

Real Ghost Stories

Lady Dressed in Black

 

I heard this story when I had started working at a local nursing home which is home to around 80 residents. We have 3-4 spirits in our nursing home which all have different personalities.

There was a nurse who worked at the nursing home where I am currently working, who had suffered from post natal depression and after looking after 6 children and working long hours, she couldn't take it anymore, I was told she went home after her night shift had finished and had left notes for her six children and her husband. She had proceeded to overdose on painkiller medication. Her sister had gone around that day to find her deceased on her couch.

Since then, she has been a regular visitor to that nursing home and 10 residents and 5 staff members have been witness to her standing at the end of their bed, donned in a black dress and hood, and has been seen walking into residents room, but if a staff member followed her in the room, it was empty.

While on night shift, one night I brought along a pendulum to see if she was still there and began asking questions like "are you grounded?", "would you like to be released?", and so on and the nurse I was on with started asking questions that only the deceased nurse would know the answers to. We have found out from our Q & A with this spirit that yes she is grounded and she spends most of her time in the chapel with her photo. And that she would not like to be released, probably she may not like what might await her if she does cross over completely.

The chapel in which the lady in black stays or Helen, as she is called, has a very ominous and depressive feeling to it.

I'm not very good at telling stories, they always come out not the way I want them to... lol

Other hauntings by Aussie_Vamp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aussie_Vamp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Dear aussie_vamp,

This is certainly a well written story and the explanation of the history and background of the ghost gave the reader's of the story sufficient insight into the haunting.

I my opinion, as in Christian teaching, when a person commits suicide and takes his/her own life, they will be sent to purgatory and if not, the lake of fire. Life belongs to God and not to us. I guess that is why she wants to stay behind in order to avoid judgement.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I cannot wait to read your next post. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Aussie_Vamp (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Thank you all for responding to my story. I now walk past the chapel and I now no longer feel the deep depressive nature people have normally felt while going in there alone.
Yes Cass I think she stayed with her photo because she in the whole nursing home that is the only piece of information about her that shows she truely existed... I have been out there again with my trusty pendulum 😊 and she is now at peace and has moved on which I am happy about.
Cass (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-10)
>>>yes she is grounded and she spends most of her time in the chapel with her photo<<<

I find that fascinating. Maybe there is a little bit of truth in the superstition that photos capture a person's soul? Or not. But either way, very interesting.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
I agree with Shane but, also he could be sad and not ready to go. Some spirits of people who committed suicide do that. They regret it to late.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
I believe you done quite well in telling this story. Depending upon the religous nature of your entity she could possibly fear crossing over, some claim hell is the reward for commiting suicide. Yet others state you will have to live another life to pay for the debts you made in this one. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: