You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Very Real Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Very Real Dreams

 

Some things I've read (on this site) have shone a light onto the events I've experienced in the past and more recently. I thought I would share one of them today.

So recently I read, that communications between spirits/entities and people can be easier through dreams, as our mind is easier to access, I'm not sure if this is true or not. But it would certainly explain a lot of the chilling dreams I've had. I would be happy to dismiss this as a theory, if I had only started having strange dreams after stumbling upon this site, but I've had dreams of this nature since I was very young so maybe there is some truth in this.

All these 'dreams' have this one thing in common, and this more than anything I find extremely uncomfortable and frightening. I will be 'asleep' in bed and then feel as if I am awake, I will be lying down in my bed looking around my room, just thinking to myself about my day etc... And at this point feeling fully awake. Then wierd things (which I will go into) will start appearing, happening around me. I will then realise I must be asleep still, and will then try my utmost to 'wake up' and physically leave my room but this process will prove an immense struggle. When I eventually do break free of this forced sleep I will be afraid to fall asleep again in fear of this happening again. Most times I leave my room, and bunk with my mum in her bed until its a decent hour to be awake.

Brother and Dad in the room:

This is the most recent Last week I was sleeping in my room. I sleep quite early due to my working hours: 7am: I've always been someone with broken sleep and I am quite used to waking up multiple times a night. So the first time I 'woke' up my dad walked through my bedroom door, I assumed it was to take my dog downstairs to sleep (as the little one has taken to sneaking into my room and sleeping with with me once I'm asleep!) I said 'dad! Is mikey in here again?' To which I got no reply, so I looked up at 'my dad' to find it was not my dad at all, it was the shape and size of my dad but it was NOT him. I don't know how to explain it, but you know when you know someone especially someone as close as immediate family so dark as it was, I just knew it wasn't my dad!

The fake father walked into my room towards me, and I was getting scared, then he just disappeared. I couldn't see him anymore, at this point I realised it was one of these 'dreams' and was trying to force myself to wake, I thought I had woken, and I turned to curl onto my side. At this point I felt my bed sink a little behind me, as if someone had sat down. I turned over to see what this was, and I found my brother (he is a tall guy: despite being my little brother!) sat at the side of the bed with a hoody on (hood up). He often sits on the side of the bed when we watch movies/shows on the computer, and often wears hoodies with the hood up.

I thought it was a little odd his sat there in the dark, but I thought he must have come in to get some clothes (as his wardrobe is in the room I sleep). He was sat in the position with his legs over the side and his back turned to face me, but his head was down. I called his name, and then sat up and leaned forward to get a better look, and twisted my head upwards to see his face, as I was beginning to think maybe it wasn't him (due to the previous visit). As I did this the figure I presumed was my brother lunged towards me, and under the hood wasn't my brother's face, just a blackness.

After this it was gone, and I managed to 'wake' up. I took my pillow and peaked through my mum doors, usually she sleeps alone during the week as my dad's snoring is Insane! But my dad was sleeping there, so I couldn't stay there: (I contemplated going downstairs to sleep in my brothers room as he was away for uni. Then I realised Oh yes, how could what I've seen been my brother he has been away at uni for a few weeks now!

I braved sleeping in my room and wasn't disturbed again that night.

Other hauntings by believer008

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, believer008, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
These dreams you describe sound pretty Lucid to me... Being able to place yourself in your bedroom during one of them suggest that you are interacting more consciously whilst your sub conscious is exploring your daily activity's and thought processes... Seeing weird things is not that unusual when experiencing a lucid dream and it's possible your sub conscious may be picking up on a fearful vibe and twisting your visual reality as you are more consciously interpreting and observing yourself on your bed with in your dream, knowing that its just a dream will work in your favour... The advise below is pretty sound... It is the broken sleep that is contributing to your problem, consider a more healthy diet and regular exercise, you need to hit your pillow feeling exhausted if you want to stop these types of dreams... Or be less fearful and develop them on to another level.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
believer008, if nothing else getting on a healthier sleep pattern will make you feel much better and rule that out as a cause of your dreams. They should give you some other suggestions first, before decided to take the medication route. For example, exercising a few hours before you go to bed, taking a warm bath/shower before bed, things of that nature... Usually something relaxing that helps you calm down. Typically sleep disorders are associated with high stress levels and anxiety. Your dreams might be the result of hypnagogic hallucinations, which might be the onset of sleep paralysis if not checked. Best of luck and let us know how things go.
believer008 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
yes deviousangel you may be right, I have pretty broken sleep through the night, so maybe it is related to that. Will bring it up with my doctor (hopefully they don't medicate me with sleeping pills or anything) thanks x
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
I think you are likely having these dreams because you are not sleeping well. You should discuss your sleep patterns with your doctor and see if they can offer you some suggestions on how to get a better night's sleep. I am pretty sure that these vivid dreams will stop once you can get on a good schedule. Take care of yourself. 😊
believer008 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
astral travel is definitely something to consider, I've had fantastical dreams of flights across vast areas on earth, and even outer space. (and I don't take mind altering drugs or anything like that) I only heard about astral travel after having these experiences so I don't think my mind was influenced by what I've read. Once I was determined to remember every detail of the 'flight' so I could savour it once awake... I haven't seen the world from that point of view, I wouldn't have a clue where such images would have come to my imagination. Maybe tv? But even Tv is not so fantastic. I haven't had these kind of dreams in a long time.
Oh I wish I had asked my brother what he dreamed about that night. But I'll take your advise next time. Dreams is a fascinating topic, I studied neuroscience at uni these things really interest me, sometimes think there's got to be more to it than just our brains reorganising it's connections.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
It sounds a bit like astral travel, like your consciousness leaves your body when you sleep. Though astral travel could be a trick of the sleeping mind, anecdotal evidence strongly suggests it is a real phenomenon. Some believe it is easier to see spirits when out of the body. Another possibility is that your family members "travel" as well, some have theorized that the ability to do it without trying may be handed down in families. That might be why they seemed to be your father & brother but you could tell it was not quite them. I cannot guess why your brother's astral body chose not to show it's face or to lunge at you. Perhaps in his "dream" he was remembering an old argument but felt guilty about lashing out, so hid his face.

On the other hand some people do just have remarkably vivid dreams that feel incredibly real. Dream studies have shown that the exact same thing is happening in the brain that happens when people who don't even remember their dreams sleep. Which suggests that it is just a difference in recall, not anything paranormal in the dreams. One way to make an educated guess as to which it is would be to ask your father & brother about their dream experiences. Another would be to film yourself sleeping, to see for example if the bed sinks when another sits down beside you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: