You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Crazy Signs

Real Ghost Stories

Crazy Signs

 

About a year ago or more my grandmother passed away. All of our family came to see her in he last days, after she passed, we packed up all her stuff and split it up to who wanted what. My mother being the closest to my grandmother got a lot of the stuff she had made on her spare time the last few years. One thing being a christmas tree she made herself that played music.

The first christmas after my grandmother's passing, my mom called and told me that she put it up and that she thinks that my grandmother is haunting it. I guess it would just starts playing music for no reason. Of course I thought that the first christmas without my grandmother was hard on my mom and she was just taking it hard looking for anything she would to feel close to her again.

This went on for months, she would call me and tell me that it was playing and that she has even put it away and she could hear it from the storage room. I finally made the choice to go to my mom's and take the tree from the house to set her mind at ease. I spent a few days there and visited her and noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

So we left with the tree, got home and put it away and thought nothing of it again. About 3 weeks after getting home, I was sitting on the couch reading a book and I could hear a quiet tune playing, so I went into the storage room, looked at the top shelf where it was sitting and it was playing. I've left it there ever since it plays every few weeks or so for no reason. Maybe my mother is right and it is the last reach out from my grandmother or maybe it's just a freak thing that happens, but I don't know how a trinket can play for as long as it has without being touched.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tammy1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Margoo (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-06-02)
Recently I had the same problem with a toy (a ship with soundeffects) from my brother. It was put away in the attic and every now and then the ship would play his tune. We found out that it only happened when you would make the upper lever tremble by - for instance - shutting a door real hard or stepping along the level with a heavy foot. It had something to do with a loose wire and by the tremble it reconnected so the sound would be activated.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Hi Tammy. I, personally, believe that because your Grandmother made this Christmas tree, she is not only attached to it and special to her, but she ALSO wants to let you and your Mother know that she is there in spirit. Of course it could be a wiring problem, especially since it was hand made, but I doubt it seriously! I also want to know if it was plugged in when playing? I am assuming NOT since it is storage!

SHELBY ❤ 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
yeah that's interesting I do believe that our family relatives who have passed away do watch us they can like give us a sign that there there. Maybe it was a sign. I enjoyed reading your story. 😊
wendymneil123 (7 stories) (24 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
I would like to believe its your grandmother coming back telling you she is still about and watching over you! But also could be just wire fault! Do you have to plug it in to get it working? Let me know.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
I am with evilblackwidow9 and shane what they are saying .I say it is your grandmother letting you all know she there with you and she loves you. She letting you know she looking after you all. Why I was writing I just feel like I need to ask you this was or is anyone in the family sick? I am very sorry to ask this but I feel like I needed to. It good to know she there with you all.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
hmm that's a really interesting one 😊
I've heard of this kind of thing thogh
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Loved ones often return to let us know we are loved and that they are watching out for us. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Maybe that is your grandmothers way of telling you that you are loved by her and she is watching.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: