You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Spirit Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Cat

 

I am in all honestly very confused about this, but I shall tell you what happened first before asking my question.

You know those mornings when you don't want to get up and you just lay in bed listening to music, or reading, or whatever you want kind of days (great days those). Well that is what I was doing this particular morning, just kind of enjoying the warmth that is my bed. I thought I heard Sparta so I sat up and looked around but didn't hear it again. I shrugged it off and lay back down. Then I felt a cat jump up onto the foot of my bed and lay down next to me. I know it was a cat because only a cat walks like that, (and its not as if this feeling is odd to me I have never not owned a cat). Eventually I just reached down to pet Sparta, (my cat who I think is on the bed with me), but when I reached to where I felt the cat there was nothing there. Instantly I sat up and looked at where I felt this cat. Once I saw there was nothing there the feeling faded a bit.

"Hey grandma where is Sparta?"

"She is outside. I let her out around 6am"

"Okay thanks."

I shrugged it off as my imagination and lay back down. About five minutes later the feeling returned in the same spot. Then it actually got up and walked up my bed and lay down at the back of my neck. By now I had turned my music off and was just listening for any sound. I didn't hear anything but I did feel weight and warmth. Seeing as it wasn't doing anything I just laid there until it drifted away.

So yeah... Most people that report seeing/hearing/sensing spirit animals have had a pet die recently, (last cat to die was over a year ago) so assuming it wasn't my imagination what the heck was it? I thought ghosts were supposed to make you cold, but this was hot. Well warm. It really felt like a cat was sitting next to me.

A few of my friends laughed it off saying I was being visited by kitty spirits. Mostly because I have come home several times and have had strange cats that weren't mine sleeping on my bed as if they belonged there.

Other hauntings by Krit

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krit, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lincscomputers (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
We have our own cat now, he arrived 3 months ago and we are so close. Over the last two weeks we have a strange experience. The last owner of the house kept cats and we have contacted her to see if one died here. Every morning at 05. 33am my wife is woken up feeling a cat walking over the quilt, around her feet. It's every morning, same time. By the time she sits up its gone. Our cat doesn't have access to the bedroom so it can't be him. In the spare bedroom, when our cat goes in there he goes wild. He runs all over the place frantically and constantly sniffs the floor in one corner. The possible 'ghost' cat is not a problem and is welcome in the house, just makes you a bit uneasy.
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
I have spirit cat before My taffy the cat died I been told it's might be my animal spirt guild, Maybe it's your animal spirit guild.
JosephC (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
Krit, that it is such a cool story. It sounds like you have some sort of paranormal link with cats. If so, count yourself blessed. I would love it, myself, as I love all animals, but especially cats.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
sweet story krit, spirit cats snuggling down with you in bed 😊
Even if they are not yours it is nice that you say you just left it there untll it faded away.
Loved this post thanks for sharing
Carl
Krit (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
well it is nice to know I am not nuts ^_^
[at] Nysa
I actually owned a bobcat at one time. She showed up at my house and was with me for 17 years before she passed. My mom was terrified at first because I was 5 at the time and I came inside carrying this large cat and said it was my new friend.
ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
I once actually saw a ghost cat. As soon as I'm able to, ill post it. But, I guess since the cat obviosly liked you, it was happy and that's why it was warm ❤ cats are awesome!
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
You're not crazy. My cat would sleep by my feet every night after she died, I was used to it. Then when I went to stay with my grandmother, she always had cats, one would come into my bedroom at night and sleep by my feet. I never knew which one it was because she had so many. It didn't even scare me, I found it somewhat comforting.
Grimm-Reaper24 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
don't feel so bad about it, I have the same things happen to me. The last kitty spirit to visit me, weaved itself between my legs wanting attention while I was on the toilet. I could feel it but I couldn't see it, and then my bathroom started to smell like kitty litter. Keep in mind, I have no pets but I draw all manner of spirits to me. I'm loved by dead things lol
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
If I understand you right living cats from your area sneak into your house & go to your bed regularly right? If that is the case I would say you are uncannily connected to felines. It makes sense that you would draw spirit cats as well as living ones. Are you familiar with spirit guides? This was suggested to me recently & seems a real possibility for you.

P.S. You may want to avoid visiting places where large wild cats (leopards, lions, bobcats...) are prevalent, seriously I think you would draw them.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: