You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: My Visitor During Midnight

Real Ghost Stories

My Visitor During Midnight

 

This experience starts when I got my first job. It is the start of the summer season at the year 2009. My job was an encoder and at first, we have been assigned by our supervisor a shifting schedule. As a new guy, I was assigned to the last shift so that I can quickly learn about the work and prepare myself mostly during month-end. My work is located somewhere in Cainta, Rizal. So I decided that to stay on my Uncle's house during the weekdays and go home at the weekend.

One night, I timed out at the office at late midnight, that would be around 12 to 1 oçlock in the morning. When I arrived on my Uncle's house (just a 10 minutes travel from work) I usually wash my face and brush my teeth before going to sleep. While I'm washing (I used the kitchen because it is near the laundry) something fell on the kitchen's roof, I realize maybe it is only a cat or a fruit that dropped from the tree (there was an avocado tree at the back of our nieghboor). But a few seconds after the fall, I've heard a sound which may familiar to a growl of a dog. It become louder as you thought that it comes nearer. I suddenly make a loud voice and say "Shhhhhhh!", after that, I think a couple of minutes pass, I've heard the sound again and this time it more louder than before.

So I quickly finish myself and went up to the room of my cousin and quickly look at the window (you can see the roof of the kitchen & the neighboor's back yard) and saw nothing but a cat. But the strange of all, it looks like not just an ordinary stray cat because of its size. I stared at it for a few seconds and I quickly turn on the light outside the window.

When I returned to the window, the cat was gone and I decided to go to sleep with my cousins at that room not being scared but as to protect them if that cat I saw was more than a cat. As I woke up in the morning, I didn't tell it to my uncle because at first, I think he will not believe on my story and second is I don't like my cousins to be afraid. That was my visit from an unknowm creature at midnight.

Months later, at same time in the evening, I've just arrived in our house, in Fairview (at that time, I have a classes to attend in the morning so I've decided to go home rather than staying on my Uncle's house in Cainta). As I am changing my clothes, I heard a strange sound again, but rather than a growl, I heard a flap of wings, due to its loudness, it just like there was a big bird flying but my curiosity was, what would a bird do during late in the evening. At first I ignored it but later on it started to fade so I just once again ignored it and quickly go to sleep because I am tired and must be early at school. This happened every night mostly around 11 in the evening until 3 in the morning.

Days after that, my sister also noticed the strange flappings at night and at that year, her daughter was just 2 years old. First she knock on my room and ask me if I heard the strange noise. I said yes and told her that it always occurs mostly at that time and I first heard it during summer in Cainta (my uncle's house). Late that night, she wake her husband to get a salt and garlic to the kitchen and spray the salt and put the garlics on every window of the house including in the sala. After doing that, the sound disappears. Later on, on the next day, we haven't heard again the flappings at night.

But after a year, it is me who again notice it again and at first, I was staying awake at night because I am making a report to be presented at work in the morning. I noticed that our dog bark strangely like it was barking on a person. I thought it was a burgler because at that month was December and Christmas is in the air so robbery and other thief related crime is in at that moment.

I quickly turn off my monitor screen to cut the light in my room and slowly look on my window. The moment I saw our dog barking, I saw nothing on our garage but the strange part is, our dog is facing on our roof and I notice on the shadow of our roof created by the street light a strange shadow standing on or roof, at first it looks like it was a huge bird that slowly transform into a human form.

I thought I was wathcing a scene from a movie, but at time it was real and it is happening right before my naked eyes. I quickly grabbed the rosary on my side table and put it in my room's window. The shadow took about an hour and it curled like ball and then without any blink of my eye, it disappears and at that moment, our dog stopped from barking.

During the weekend, I tell this again to my sister and at first, she joked that it was searching for me and later on we found out that our neighbor on the back of our house was pregnant and we made a hypothesis that that creature is looking for it and it always making our roof as a landing spot.

But the question is, is it the same creature that I saw year before? Or Maybe my sister is right, it just keep following me?

I'm confuse with my visitor during midnight. Would anybody help me with this incident?

Other hauntings by bidwellpinoy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bidwellpinoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Alocke (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-11)
I believe more research needs to go into your story only because by your descriptions what ever was happening to you doesn't add up. I mean I have never herd of it before. Its not your tipical gost and or demon. You need to find out exactly what it is in order to deal with the problem. 🤔
MikeT316 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-15)
An aswang! My neighbors in Bulacan had similar encounters like yours. Our neighbor was pregnant that time.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
I agree with Nysa on this one. But I suggest you do your own research. If like Nysa says the creature you mentioned was an Aswanj and it preys on babies and young children, I suggest that you protect your house by blessing it because I take it that you have a niece nephew. Also, I would make a suggestion to your neighbour who is pregnant.
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
yup, me too. Aswang is my closest bet. I also heard a story from a colleague at work that there are rumored sightings of aswang in the Fairview area.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
Parrot some people believe those thing work because of the belief of the person using it, or because of hundreds of years of belief that it works. Also strong smells like garlic & rosemary can keep known creatures (pests) away, so theoretically if this thing were animalistic it could work for a time.

Mabs I am not sure how you work out that the dog barking means it's not human, dogs bark at people all the time.

Bidwellpinoy what you describe does sound like the folkloric creature called an Aswang which is supposed attack infants & small children. Salt is a preferred protectant, in the folklore I have read a bowl of salt is often kept in the room in which a child sleeps to protect them. An unsheathed blade is also thought to protect from them, though obviously that has to be placed where a child cannot get to it. Obviously I don't know if that is what you saw, I have only read about this & have no further knowledge, but the description fits.
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
I don't doubt your story, but I've heard that using garlic and rosemary is a myth. Very creepy story.

I'd love to hear more about this man-bird.
Parrot:)
Mabs_Sith_Lord (72 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
Wow! Thats a really freaky story! I take it your from the Phillipines right? Well I heard a lot of posters from that part of the world talking about a creature called an 'Aswanj' or something, its a winged demon that can take the form of a bird or man or BOTH! Are you familiar with this? It could have been this entity, personally I would HATE to think what it is! One things for sure, the dog barking is a sign that it is not human.

Please keep us updated of any further encounters. And thanks for sharing your creepy experience!

Mabs

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: