You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Could It Have Been My Mother?

Real Ghost Stories

Could It Have Been My Mother?

 

I am 34 years old and originally born in the Bahamas. When I was two years old, my biological mother died in childbirth having my younger sister. My mother had a total of nine kids and we all had to be split up and placed with different relatives after her death. My father brought me to the states (Washington, DC) when I was about three and a half years old. He had married a woman who went on to raise me as her own.

We moved into her house which was a two level semi-detached home in a decent neighborhood in Northwest Washington, D.C. My father and my step-mother slept upstairs in the master bedroom. I slept downstairs in a den that was on the main level of the house. Sleeping in the den was a pain for me because it would be dark except for the street light that shined a little in the window and I was scared to be alone.

So anyway, one night I was tossing and turning. I couldn't get to sleep and I was very scared of the dark. I pulled the cover over my head for a while... And then for some reason, I pulled the cover down from over my head and I saw a white mist formed in the doorway. There was no sound to it. As soon as I saw the mist, I screamed at the top of my lungs and then I ran through the mist and up to my parents bedroom. That was the one and only time I had actually seen anything paranormal in my life. I always thought that it could have been my mother coming back to check on me.

The other day, I was talking to my step-mother about this incident and she brought up the fact that back then after I had seen "the mist", I had told her that it looked like the "man on the quarter"... (George Washington). But as I remember the story on my own, I only remember seeing a mist.

I hope to get some kind of feedback from others on my story. I have one other story concerning something paranormal that happened to me. I will tell that story in the future. The story concerns me "hearing" something very odd and again, I think it had to be my mother.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, SmithNW, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: