You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ouija Mistake

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Mistake

 

I've been reading stories on this site for about a year but I never thought about signing up until lately when I experienced some stuff at a friend's house. I've been wary about telling it cause this has all scared me so bad but I really need help.

My mom had bought me a cheap Ouija board from Toys 'R' Us cause I'd been interested in doing it, even though I've had several warnings not to use one. I wish I had listened.

I used it the first time with my friend Cynthia at my own house. Nothing worth wasting time typing up happened so I'll skip to a week later.

I was going to my friend Corinne's house and she told me to bring the board along with me. A couple hours passed and Regan and Corinne said they wanted to play with the board. I had an uneasy feeling all night (I've been to Corinne's house before multiple times so I brushed it off) but I got it out anyway. I turned around all the mirrors in the room and closed the curtains over the window just cause they creep me out but then Regan turned out all the lights and shut the door, which made me really scared to do it so I just sat to the side and let them play with it.

They sat there for about 15 minutes just asking the board questions, occasionally moving the planchette themselves to creep each other out. We all got bored and shoved the board aside and carried on.

Around 11 PM, Corinne's stepdad shut off all the electricity upstairs besides the hallway and bathroom lights because we were being too loud. It kind of creeped all of us out but we carried on doing whatever we had been.

A couple hours later, Corinne turned out all the lights upstairs and went out to the hallway. Regan and I were feeling weird so we went to the hallway with her. As soon as we went out there, Corinne started freaking out and repeating "I swear to god there was a man downstairs sitting on my couch, I swear" even though the door to her mom's room never opened.

Then out of nowhere, all three of us her a low growl and then Corinne moved her hand really fast and grabbed her cheek and started saying that something scratched her face. Regan took out her phone and put the light on her face and there was a scratch starting from her chin all the way up to the corner of her eye.

A few minutes later, we heard something walking in Corinne's room and then we heard paper ripping and I ran in. Three posters hanging on her wall were all ripped down the middle.

We were all extremely scared but we sat in the bathroom and the hallway until the sun came up and walked back to my house.

I forgot to mention that all night we heard people running up the stairs and cabinets slamming downstairs, but like I said before, her mom's door stayed closed all night and nobody else was awake.

It's been about two months since that happened and I told my friend to tell me if anything else happened. Well I went back to her house this weekend. The first night nothing really happened but all night I heard someone walking around upstairs (Jamie and her mom stayed in their room and they have a gate so the dogs couldn't get upstairs) and something would wake me up every hour.

The next night we went out for a while and then Corinne brought home her boyfriend and we all sat in the living room and watched a movie. He knew we had the Ouija board but we hadn't told him anything about what happened a few months ago.

Near the end of the movie, Bradley (her boyfriend) started freaking out and saying that he just saw a man standing in the doorway to the laundry room and that somebody was watching us. Corinne and I both told him it was nothing and that he should start getting ready to go home.

After he left, I was sitting on the couch and out of the corner of my eye I saw a little girl leaning over the banister watching us. I ignored it and got Corinne and we sat at the back of the living room and called one of our friends to get our minds off of what's been going on. We all stopped talking for a minute and it got really silent and I heard someone running upstairs (it sounded as if someone was going up the stairs, running to the end of the hallway, and then stopping). Like I said before, it couldn't have been anyone else because there's a dog gate and both dogs were downstairs with us.

I was really freaked out so I got Corinne and we went and sat outside until my mom came and picked me up.

I haven't been back to her house since, but I feel like it's my fault that there's something in her house since I brought the board and I really need help getting it out. (I guess I should add we're both Atheists, so I don't think getting anybody from church to come bless the house is going to help).

Thanks for reading my really long story. If anyone can help, please do so. She's so scared of whatever's in her house that she can't even sleep in her room anymore or be by herself

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sierrakusterbeck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

purpleiris877 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
I know you are Atheist, but listen to me, by using the ouija you opened the poratl in your friens house and now this demon can come and go as it pleases, if you want to get rid of it you have to close the portal. However, might I suggest that you try talking to this entity without the ouija? Ask it if it will leave, and if not, use force. Trapp the entity in one space by using salt and tell it to leave or else you'll get help from Prince Amon, Prince Sitri, Prince Ipos, Prince Vassago, Prince Gaap, Prince Stolas, Prince Orobas and Prince Seere. They're the princes of hell but because this thing is a demon, they'll take him back and put him to work... Demons are lazy creatures and don't like to work so with those threats they should go. P.S Although they are princes of hell they are said to be kind and helpful
ladygreywolf (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
This could be a number of things perhaps a combination of those things. Ehg, where things become tricky is that the board is what it is no matter where you bought it from, it is a portal or a door per say. I personally do not trust or "just live with" any entity ever, period. The reson for this is because while some may not be harmful or lieing others are harmful and liars posing as things they are not, you can never be sure so to be safe never trust them and try to get rid of them. Ghosts or spirits (whatever you want to call them its the same thing) generally are not harmful naughty perhaps but not harmful. Demons or dark spirits (again, whatever you want to call them) can disguise them selves and will lie to get an openning. At this point your focus being that you want to get rid of it well there is no sure fire way there are methods. One I have used since I have had my run ins (I never used a ouija board I knew early on it was a bad idea, I already didn't like spirit interaction particularly why would I look for it?) But I have use either rosemary or banenerry and white sage (the sage is very important) and burned it through my house comanding that the entity must leave and that its invitation is revoked or resended (your choice of words) I repeat this I comand that it leaves immediately (remember you are boss, use a stearn tone, do not let you or anyone else have any fear you have to be in control). Other methods are using holy water or olive oil and blessing the house with biblical scripture (that doesn't sound up your alley). As far as giving the board to a priest or another person, I personally would strongly advise against it and I hope you have not- the reason being that you do not know what they might do if they burn it or beak it incorrectly that leaves you super screwed. Perhaps burry it in a safe place away from the house until you can resolve the current inhabitnts, but don't bring it to your house that can just give it a highway. 😐
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
sierrakusterbeck - If you in fact experienced what you said you and your friends saw/heard then the board should be disposed of the right way that's by giving it to a priest to rid of.
sierrakusterbeck (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I think I forgot to add that we all got caught up in playing with the Wii so they forgot to say goodbye, so I'm not sure if we're all supposed to go back and reopen the board and just say goodbye so it'll be closed off or if I just break up the board and bury it somewhere.
sierrakusterbeck (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
ParrotPig- I mentioned in paragraph 6 that the electricity upstairs was turned off except for the bathroom and hallway lights. And they do sell them, you can check the website and everything:)
Whitewolf- Who ever said that if you're going to be an atheist, you have to not believe exactly what religious people do? I don't believe in God or Jesus or any of that but I do believe in spirits, even if other atheists don't.
UntilDark- I know some of the things happening may seem a little too stretched, but I promise that everything I've said is what we saw and heard the past few months.
Rookdygin- Thanks! I'm actually seeing Corinne after school today so I'll see if she wants to do that while her mom's at work.
Vannessanda- The first time I used the Ouija board nothing happened so I was sure nothing would happen when we used it at Corinne's house. Plus the door was open just a little so I knew if anything happened I could just run out of there and sit downstairs with her parents or something. And about the lights, her stepdad went outside to the power box (I'm not sure what it's called 😆) and turned out everything upstairs besides the hall and bathroom lights, but at one point Corinne went into the hall and turned out every light. I didn't add that Corinne and Regan went in with me but all three of us stood in the doorway and the posters were ripped down, it wasn't just me cause I'm too chicken for that:S And please don't say anything about my mom, just cause she bought me the Ouija board doesn't mean she's a bad mom or anything. I'd been bugging her about it for a long time and she played with one a few times before in her teen years and nothing happened so she thought the same would be for us.
The_seven- Please don't push religion on me, I get enough of it every day from the rest of my family and it's something that really bugs me. And Corinne's stepdad mentioned that he always saw people running up and down the staircase but he likes to mess with Corinne and her friends so we're not sure if he's just playing with us or if he's being serious.

Thank you all for reading and commenting, I'll keep you updated if we try it again or if anything else happens ❤

-Kelsey
the_seven (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
If you are an atheist then its time for you to realize that God might just be always there in the corner to help you. You just need to make a call. I am not questioning your beliefs or asking you to do anything which you don't want to but it would be a chance worth taking i.e. Calling a priest. Besides, aren't her parents concerned? Din't they experience anything?! 🤔 😕
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-13)
sierrakusterbeck

I have some questions:
Being so creeped out, how could you even stay in the same room while the others "played"?
Who turned the lights out, Regan, Corinne's stepdad or Corinne?
Being so creeped out, where did you find the courage to race into Corinne's room alone to see what was being ripped?
With all the commotion and freaking did anybody's parents ask any questions?
Having considered and rejected blessing the house, did you consider asking for help from the parent who bought it for you?
Generally, why do toy stores continue selling Ouijas after all the controversy? Even the slightest possibility that they could cause harm should be enough for them to be banned. As naive kids, a lot of us have messed with Ouijas but why would a parent even consider buying one for their kids?
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Not to be too cliche' but those who dwell in the pit - are "pitifull". Lol.
Laalobaidli (1 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
Download this and try playing it in the house. In every single room.
Http://www.4shared.com/audio/f4BaPE7O/____.htm
I know this might disturb you, but please try. You won't lose anything if you did. Hope it helps.
(Please tell me what happens after you play it.)
Scorp2011 (18 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Isn't there a bit of irony that following this story is an ad to play an electronic Ouija?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Whitewolf why would the existence of the soul after death or the existence of nonphysical entities require a higher power of any kind? If people & animals & stars can exist without creators or super-humans to direct their actions, why not ghosts & tree spirits & so on?
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Seems to me the old Parkers Bros. Ouija Board we had as kids came from a toy store. Never had any contact with anyone using the board. My friend D. And I used to sit in the dark in my bedroom, which had a huge window seat. Light from the windows (streetlights and passing traffic) illuminated the board. The little nail in the center of the planchette fell out once and mysteriously reappeared. I never mentioned it to D., because I thought she was playing around to try to scare me.

But I digress... I had the same questions as Parrot regarding the electricity.

Sorry, but it all does not compute.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
On the fence with this one, however you've asked for help and I'll offer you this technique...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us informed.

Respectfully,

Rook
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Sorry, this story sounds too far-fetched to me. 🤔

However, there may be an inkling of truth in here. 😕
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
There might have been spirits in the house already because you even said that you had a strange feeling. The ouija Board just made the spirits show themselves. If you don't believe in a higher being then how can you believe in spirits.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Toys 'r Us does in fact sell ouija boards because most believe it is a toy & those who don't generally don't buy it for their kids. However this story does not seem to have anything to do with the board anyway. So it was in the room, so were lots of other things, most interestingly people interested in ghosts. So the girls played with it, they did a lot of other things too. There is no logical link between the board & seeing the strange things. In fact the author noticed something off before the game was played. Assuming this is a true account.
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Sorry about the double comments, my computer is very strange. 😳
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
This story seems fishy to me, firstly, if the electricity was off upstairs then how could she have turned out the lights a couple of hours later? Secondly, I seriously doubt that Toys 'R' Us would sell Ouija boards. 😕
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
This story seems fishy to me, firstly, if the electricity was off upstairs then how could she have turned out the lights a couple of hours later? Secondly, I seriously doubt that Toys 'R' Us would sell Ouija boards.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: