You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Why Is Nemo Coming Through The Ouija Board?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Is Nemo Coming Through The Ouija Board?

 

I was fourteen years old when this story took place. My family had lived on this property of 11 acres for over a decade. My grandmother's house being the original home, which sat in front of my childhood home. To my knowledge, nothing "paranormal" had ever occurred there. I lived in the house with my mother, my step father, and my little brother who was about 4 years old at the time. No one in my family was superstitious or anything like that.

I had acquired a Ouija board behind my parents back and against their wishes. It never occurred to me that there were important rules to follow when using a spirit board. One weekend I had a couple of my best friends over, we will call them A and M, and I convinced them to use the board with me. At first it was all giggles. We would ask it silly things like "What color are my walls painted?", and never got a response. Finally, we asked "What is your name?", to which it replied, "Nemo".

Naturally, we laughed and laughed at this response, and thought, surely one of us here is messing around. Without closing out the board, we quit playing. I quickly called my boyfriend to tell him how funny it was that this spirit had told us it's name was Nemo. After a pause of silence, he said, "You do realize that Nemo spelled backwards is omen". This really freaked us out and we never played again.

A couple of nights after we used the Ouija board weird things started happening at my house. The first things happened to my step dad, who did not believe in paranormal things one bit. My mom told me that he had been sitting in a chair in our living room when he started to smell something that smelled like a dead animal, just for a few seconds and then it was gone. Later, he was in the living room again, and the decorative metal sign hanging on the wall started to vibrate for no obvious reason.

Not long after all of that happened, I started having experiences. My bedroom was in the basement and my brother's room was right above mine. The first night it happened, I heard what sounded like someone running through the house, and then I heard my brother scream at the top of his lungs. Adrenaline pumping, I ran upstairs to check on my baby brother only to find him fast asleep in his bed, as well as my parents. Every night after that, up until we moved out, I heard something running through our house.

Once we moved, my grandmother also moved from her house and rented it out. We thought her tenants were a little loony because they would mow their grass all the time at odd hours of the night even almost every night. When those tenants moved out they told my grandma that they saw demons in the backyard. Since then my parents and grandma have all moved back into these houses. That whole property still feels eerie to me, but so far there hasn't been anything strange happen.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, boleyh13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

occulting_ (5 stories) (27 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-04)
I know this story is from ages ago but I want to give my two cents here, in my experiences with ouija boards and spirits they love a laugh, so it was probably just a spirit joking around, to me I'll never understand if it was a demon why it would wait to mess with you when you use a wooden board game especially since they're supposed to be powerful. It could have been a spirit trying to lighten the mood or they just wanted a good old laugh.
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-10)
There is a demon called Naamah or something like that. She is a demon who travelled with another female demon, they bore Abels children after his banishment. She is rumored to give children epilepsy.
If you want to know the true nature of a demon, just consider the fact that they have no problem attacking children...
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Boleyh13; Please do not let fear conquer you.
Anyone can change as their body ages. That's my first opinion.
To dig deeper, about the effect of strokes please do ask a professional doctor,
Anything can happen when a person becomes old.

About Wicca, it is just a Gospel culture and to say the truth, according to history Wicca was totally different from what it is today and had been dead for centuries, modern days Wicca is re-written by Geral Brosseau Gardener during 1930's. Gardener had added lots of South East Asian believes and it is actually "New Witch Craft", thought by Gardner himself.

It might just be me, but I felt if one belief had to be turned dead (historical reason or not), when it does not return to people's thought then it is just gone forever, I am not saying that Gardener is wrong, but it is just not my cup of tea. Therefore I consider, it is not really "bad" to be interested in such things just another person's thoughts. No worries.

E.Lynx
boleyh13 (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-19)
Thanks for all the feedback! I have told my parents about all of this stuff, but they just seem to brush it off. I don't know if anything still goes on at the house because I have been living on my own for several years now. However, I do feel uneasy when I visit. Also, I don't know if it's just my paranoia or what, but I feel like my grandmother seems different. She was always a cheerful and loving person. Before she moved back to the house she suffered 2 strokes and was very weak mentally and physically and could no longer use one of her arms. When she moved back in she suddenly seemed perfectly well. She gained complete use of her arm and hand and seemed sharp as a tack, but she is cold now. She just seems like a totally different person. Could she be possessed? Is it just a result of the strokes? Am I just totally nuts? I also feel like I may have had a demonic attachment as a child. I had suddenly taken an interest in Wicca, and some of my behavior just seemed very odd for a 9 year old. I was also severely depressed.
JaicePyro (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-28)
The weird thing to me is why would the demons suddenly vanish when you moved back into the house? Did it perhaps enjoy terrorising the people who moved out and followed them? It'd be interesting to find out
roylynx (guest)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-26)
Another story with some big mistake that people make when dealing with an Ouiji Board...

Please, do not risk yourself asking what the name of the spirit is! According to many reports and results of many such stories, most spirits do not have a name even if they had a name before becoming a spirit they most of them would not remember!

To answer the title I don't know if this is a coincident; some spirits tempt to know some Latin words...Yes, NEMO here in this case means nobody or no one, the spirit might be telling not to be silly because you are actually talking to nobody. And getting back to your story, the smell that you described according to some information that I have, spirits have their own odor indeed, so that might prove that the spirit was actually there.

Yes, no matter what, after communicating with a spirit in any way (Ouija board, Tables, etc.), strange things do happen, by some explanations from one of my friend (he was known to be "gifted", not really sure about it, but he seems to see things that we don't), the spirit that you called to communicate with you will be there for a while even if you have finished using the board. To say more, you are actually letting a spirit come around you, so please do remember that an Ouija Board is not like a telephone connecting this world and the "other world".

Also if you think the spirit is so tricky that it spelt some words backwards in purpose... Why omen? Why does it freak you out? Another movie mislead perhaps? Please kindly look up the meaning of omen. If you know the meaning, what kind of omen do you think the spirit is trying to tell you? Something you don't want to know?

I hope those can be helpful for you, let us know too if anything else happened.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
svvar (4 stories) (22 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
was the sound of the lawn mowing perhaps the spirits they saw? Intriguing experience!
hauntedfarm (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Just a thought but nemo spelt backwards is omen? It maybe nothing but have a think about it!
Aliviashae (7 stories) (27 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Wow, interesting story and I'm sorry you had to experience that. Just goes to show that what's dangerous about spirit boards is exactly that, it's a spirit board. Once you decide to play, you are inviting unknown entities into your environment. These things are real, and the board really is a portal. A lot of the time, spirits are already present, but they have been fairly quiet or "dormant" until the Ouija board ignites communication and makes them feel special. Thus giving it more power or energy to be in physical world than it had before (for example, running and creating disturbance). It makes sense that it's a rule to say goodbye, as not doing so creates the idea that the spirit can hangout a while longer. I think the name "Nemo" was probably given to appear friendly to a 14 year old at the time. If there is any activity in the future, it is best not to allow yourself to give any sort of reaction or response. I'd recommend always having some source of protection, (activity or not) such as a cross and/or if you're not religious, crystals such as tourmaline which guard against negative energy.

Much light and love,
Alivia
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
I don't know what you may have contacted but, whatever it was, it has a sense of humor - 'Nemo' means 'nobody' in Latin. It was the false name Ulysses gave to the cyclops.
___ambitious__ (1 stories) (5 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
Messing with Ouija board is like messing with your death. I m glad that no one is hurt. But have you ever discussed your experience with your parents I mean have you confessed that you and your friends have used Ouija board without telling them. Thanks for sharing your experience it was scary and I hope you don't experience this again.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
"...When those tenants moved out they told my grandma that they saw demons in the backyard..."

Do you mean the neighbors used to mow the lawn at odd hours to keep the demons away? 😕

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: