You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Red Figure In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Red Figure In My Room

 

I used to be an atheist and I didn't believe in supernatural stuff. I used to visit this web site a lot and enjoyed the stories but I thought people were just experiencing illusions. But 3 or 2 years ago, something happened that changed my mind and to this day, when I think of it, I have a panic attack. Today, I decided to write it down and share it with everyone else.

One night, when I was 16 or 17, I woke up because I felt cold. I was looking for my blanket with eyes closed but I couldn't find it. I opened my eyes to find it but instead, I saw a glowing red figure sitting beside my bed on the floor. At first I thought it was a huge piece of red plastic or something like that (when you're sleepy, you can't really think) I closed my eyes once more and I realized that it was a human being (or just a humanoid being). Then IT blinked! And it was enough to make me run away to my parents' room as fast as I could. It all happened in 2 or 3 seconds.

To describe the details of that creature I have to say: It looked like a human being. It was glowing a red light and was wearing dark red clothes. It looked like a young BLOND guy! Which is weird because I live in a country where everyone has black hair. His skin was glowing red but it seemed he had white skin. He had dark eyes and a small nose (but it was natural). And his mouth... His mouth was a bit open, and he was breathing heavily. I felt that he was either hungry or full. He was leaning backwards, as if he was watching me in sleep and as I wake up, he leaned back. It seems he got sad after I saw him. His facial expression changed. As I got up and reached out for the door (with the fastest possible speed) I took a glance at him, and he was clearly looking at me and he looked as if he was sorry.

As I said, I quickly ran to my parents' room. I told my dad about it and he just laughed and slept. I was so scared but (to this day) I don't know how, I gathered courage and went back to my room to check what it was (holding a club in my hand). I was walking slowly towards my room. It was all dark. Then I got closer and there... I saw the reflection of the RED light on the wall (I didn't get close enough to see the creature, seeing the red reflection was enough for me). I suddenly moved forward and turned on the lights without looking in the room. And there was nothing there!

If it wasn't for the fact that I saw the red reflection, I would have just thought it was an illusion. But when I went back, I DID see it again. So there was definitely something there. I don't know what it was. It looked like a HUNGRY, yet good looking young man. He looked sad and now that I think of it, I feel sorry for him!

P.S: I have a scar on my hand and I can't remember how it was made! Was that because of that incident? I don't know... Was it a ghost, devil, or a vampire?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Anahita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Adderall3232 (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-10-05)
this happened to me a while ago but I didn't see it fully because it was pitch black in my room and it was glowing red entirely and had things sticking out of its head.
Waterhammer (12 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-15)
Mr. Super late debunk here six years after the post. Can't confirm nor deny your story but I'm leaning toward believing you whole heartedly after something I experienced as well as the Aussie's story after yours.
Blond man in Iran? Unless he's a slain oil worker, vacationer during the days of the Shah, or a nasty CIA lackie its hard to imagine how he ended up in your neck of the woods. So, if I were you, I'd NEVER GO BACK TO THAT HOUSE IF YOU CAN! Red can mean more than just the aura of the spirit, it can represent much worse, and the fact that it looked hungry and was staring at you sleep sends shivers down my spine into my legs. Make sure to sleep with your Quran under your pillow, or if you're not Muslim, a positively charged object of your religious affiliation. Won't do much though, what you must do is leave.

Similar instance happened to my friend in an abounded house out on the plains of South Dakota, he saw a woman glowing red and he drew a 9mm Luger handgun and fired three rounds into the woman. She disappeared immediately after the shooting. He told me the next day and upon informing the local Souix Tribe, the Souix told us to avoid the house, and when we returned one year later the house had beeen completely removed down to the foundation by the tribal authorities. That is their custom when an evil spirit inhabits a place, therefore, red entities are one of my greatest fears.
hawk1 (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-03-29)
Im in my mid 40s and have found this sight by using google discribing what I have seen and heard.
Im just your average joe in suburban melbourne australia, I don't use drug's and not after any attention. I feel that I do want to say something though because I cannot tell my family as they will feel uncomfortable living here if I told them.
The back ground to this house is that we bought the house off of a friend whos mother died in it. We spent 5 years renovating it and put a seperate studio out the back where I sometimes sleep if I'm snoring or getting up early to go to work.
Whilst in the studio,
4 nights ago, I was fast asleep and it felt like someone shouting in my ear and I woke up abruptly.
3 nights ago, I woke up abruptly again to the sound of coughing.
2 nights ago, I woke to the sound of dogs barking in my ear.
Last night, I woke to the sound of shouting in my ear but this time I cleared my eyes to see if I could see any thing and there was a red glowing cloud infront of me. I then closed my eyes waited a minute, opened and saw it still there. I was that tired that I then closed my eyes lied down and thought that if they wete going to do something that they would have already of done it and I went back to sleep.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Casper and others: See?...The "..."s are addicting 😆 😆 😆

50 or more
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
Okay, but I hope it is not about Cuban Racehorses! 505050505
Amirhossein (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-07)
I had a fearfull experience... It was awefull... Wait for my scary tale!
KnowledgeIsPower (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-05)
I saw this red light figure as a child. He was about ten feet awayy from me so I can't describe him as well as you did but you are not th eonly person to see it. I am 30 now so it was a long time ago. I was talking about it to my friend today and decided to google it and found your story. I am in the United States, I see you are on the other side of the world.
Lizbeth (9 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-09)
That's scary! But it's probably not a vampire or something like that, vampires don't exist, it's been proved. Is there a chance that you were illusioning? Didnt you have drugs or anything that may make you illusioning or dream walking?
mrfear672india (106 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
hi anahita there are no vampires and devils they are only created for movie purpore but spirit exits. I had one question. Since how many years you are living in that house?

These is first time you saw him a BLODDY HUNGRY GHOST.

Jai hanuman.
Anahita (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-25)
Thank you very much for your answer Cristine. It was thorough and helpful:)
Cristine (41 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Ghostly presences can appear in a manifestation of anything from dark, light, colorful, blinking, sparkling, and so forth. People in general have always compared colors to be contrasts of feelings/emotions, good or bad so it doesn't alarm me that the other reponders have given this red figure the demonic energy it likely did not have (though I cannot be 100% sure and neither can you). I have seen ghosts appear in a neon-lime green outline and then much later in the future a blinking red similar to a light house beacon. You must understand that ghosts are intellectual beings and their presences can scare the life from teh living (non-literally), but they know that they have the ability to scare and many times they will invent themselves in a different perspective of a differnt color that is less threatning. Because this ghost entity appeared to you in red tells me as a senior ghostmedium that this was not the first time this entity has revealed himself to a mortal many, many times before this occurrence. It also tells me that this entity was drawn to you because of your dreaming patterns. Mortals are very easy to approach for the non-living. You are at a risk when you go to sleep because you are unaware of what comes in and this ghost had in all accounts been watching your behavior throughout sleeping and non-sleeping activity. They all do this to some degree where they will watch a certain person over a period of time before making a complete introduction of appearing. He was in favor of you and did not himself feel threatened by you.

Next time, if there is a next time that this happens and you are afraid, You can tell the ghost to leave as you would a real life person. In addition, I think I do need to add that there is no direct link between your religion or no-religion and the paranormal. As far as out of body experiance... That did not happen. It was a ghost. 😊
reptilian (45 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Well it doesn't sound like a ghost and it's not a vampire. He doesn't sound threatening in any way, next time he shows up try to talk to him.
If he is a ghost then maybe he has been hanging around there since one of the world wars or even since the crusades, it would explain how a blonde ended up in your country.
venky (1 stories) (48 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I anahita vampire and all other stuffs are just a stories. Dont worry if you will experience him again in future just try to explain the incident cleary to your parents. Thanks for sharing
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Before I say anything I just want to say that just because one dosnt believe in god does not mean they don't believe in ghost and entities.:)

Anyway, could be a djinn, just something to think about, not a bad one, and I defo don't think it's a vampire:) twilight has every young girl wanting to meet one lool
Anyway nice story and I hope it leaves you alone:)
X stay safe
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Perhaps it was a soul (of a deceased person or someone projecting himself) with a very strong aura that was red. I don't know what a red aura would mean. There is a theory that what we see when we see a ghost is determined by what the ghost thinks of itself. So maybe the strange red glow & hungry look meant something to that person that will never make sense to anyone that does not know more about him. Or as you speculate it could be some other kind of entity entirely.

To be clear Anahita, you should say when you were an atheist you did not believe in other things like the supernatural. Atheism only rules out the existence of deities & many atheists do believe in paranormal entities. The belief in the existence of the soul after death does not require a belief in a god, it can be believed to be a truth of the natural world.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Wow! That is one freaky story. Thank you for sharing! I can't tell you what it could've been though. Nobody can.
Anahita (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Hello
First of all, being an atheist means one's not believing in God. And so when you don't believe in God, you don't believe in other supernatural things either. Atheists only believe in science that's why.
But thanks for the link. I'll look at it!
Textbud13: He was blond but like I mentioned, I've never seen a blond person in my whole country! It's very very rare! So I doubt it was a murder victim!
I'm really scared of that incident, I still have difficulties sleeping and I'm worried I'm going to have the same experience again! 😨
textbud13 (19 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
When I read the title I thought it was Satin you saw but it might be a trapped spirt (Human) of someone who was maybe murded around your area and he/it might of shed a lot of blood when he/it died and trying to get you to help it but it's to late or maybe it done the murder and had the death sentence and he is sorry for it do you have any family members who have been killed. But to be honest I still have the thought of you being visted by Satin
ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
That is a no on the vampire. But great story. That's very unusual though, for it to be red. Mabey it was something from hell, since it was sad and hungry. I honestly do not know. Thanks for sharing!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I'm sorry but what does not being an atheist have to do with supernatural/paranormal stuffs?

Never mind.

Very good chance, from your description, that what you saw was someone having an Out of Bode Experience.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out-of-body_experience

In short- someone else thought he was dreaming about you and yours, and probably wasn't aware that he was projecting...

Definitely something unusual to have happen.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Anahita,
First of all, thank you for sharing.
I have to honestly say that this is a first for me. I've never heard of anything like it, it is very interesting though. You got so much detail down about him that I don't doubt you in the least. It sounds pretty harmless so far. You said it looked very sad. And for you to even get that impression, at such a startling moment is something I would consider when deciding if it meant any harm. Plus, you haven't mentioned anything about it being menacing at all, so I would assume it was not. Our feelimgs at moments like that are sometimes a way to measure what the entities intent could have been. I wouldn't worry about vampires or monsters anyway.

Jav

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: