You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Sitting At The Table

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Sitting At The Table

 

It started when my grandmother was still alive about 6 or so years ago. She would wake up in the middle of the night and wake my sister and myself up so we could come talk to the man that was sitting at the table. Naturally our parents told us to go back to bed. Things went missing small things you would quite notice until you actually went looking for it. Keys were a big one, shoes, shirts, and leashes for our two dogs just random things. It stopped after she passed away 5 years ago. It started back again 2 years ago.

At first it was a little frightening my dogs would wake up barking and growling you could hear someone walking up and down the hallway. The doorbell would ring. A lot of small stuff disappeared just like before. I learned to live with it. It liked it when I spoke to it. It would never cause me any physical harm. I think it was a little girl. No one else has lived in my house expect for our own family. My TV would turn to child cartoons at night if I left it on. It became a game for us like hide and seek. It would take things and when I would find it then it would take it again. It had a fascination with my earrings and necklaces.

Well I moved out of my parents house about 6 months ago and my aunt went through some hard times and had to move in. Well we were talking one night and she said something about the bed was shaking like someone had come up from the bottom and hit it; my bed is a platform bed and it very very difficult to move, she said that she woke up and the rocker was shaking like someone had just gotten out of it.

My mom said that she had heard the door slamming and the dogs barking at night again. I was no longer afraid of this person or something that visited me all during the day but it seemed to be angered when I would longer stay at my parents house and it taking it out on my aunt. I was just wondering if this could my grandmother trying to contact me or some else trying to tell me something.

Please only serious answers it has started to scare my aunt and my mother. I do not know what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, just_wanting_answers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LaLaGurl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
CREEPY! Sounds like a little girl who died from something and is just bored. Maybe go in the attic or basement or wherever old toys are and record it while your gone and see what happens. Hope this helped!
just_wanting_answers (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Dan: We were never introduced to the man, we never saw him but my grandmother did make coffee for him. We never got that answer from her before she passed away.

When I asked my mother the other night said that there was no man but that my grandmother told her it was just "some fellow" that she saw at the door and let in.

She had been known to talk to her passed away husband blondie. Things are getting weirder around the house now. Even at my sisters house now, I feel as though someone is watching me at all times of the night. My cat Mushu used to sleep with me everynight, now all the animals in the house refuse to sleep in that room.

Like I have said before no physical harm has come to me or my family. As for the medium I don't want to anger anything in the house because we have lived in peace with it for so long.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Protection wise, I recommend getting yourself a piece of Cold Iron and keeping it around the place:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron

If that isn't good enough I'd recommend something else:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
I would also like to know the answers to Darkness's questions. Also, I was wondering if you or your family could bring in a medium to see what is going on?
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
I have the exact same question as DARKNESS. Please get back to us because I'm really interested as to who or what he might have been.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
Hi just_wanting_answers: Firstly who was this man that was sitting at the table? Where you introduced to him, spoke to him?
This I believe has a link to your grandmother perhaps, to give a better answer, if you could inform me on the above questions that would be great! 😊 Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
just_wanting_answers (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Well I talked to my mom last night about this and what has been going on. She said that it wasn't the first time that this has happened. They see shadows and figures of people in the house.

Our home is about a half a mile from a civil war grounds. I think that it may some civil war people but not sure. My aunt said that she has had some converstations with it but not like friendly conversations.

She said that got worse after she did that. I was like yeah... You have to talk to it like its still a person. My dad said that it had been going on since my mother was a little girl and that she use to talk to them.

I feel like they want something I honestly think that they are just lonley and need a family or have lost their families and are not sure what to do now. I will keep looking into more and learn more about what it wants.

Like I have said it never cause me any physical harm but it has started to become more noticed now that I am gone.
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
i think that you were hurting her feelings and not understanding that she may be a spirit of the past and needs serious help
Thanks 😭 😕
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
I don't know if it is your grandmother or not but I think that maybe it could just be confused about why this new person is there and you are gone. Does your aunt or mother ever talk to it like you did?
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
hi,
This is a marvelous story.

Thanks. I'm looking forward for more.

❤ 😉 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: