You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Witches Curse

Real Ghost Stories

A Witches Curse

 

A few weeks ago my friend Katie and her brother Patrick were talking to this new girl at school. She is a bit off, and is sort of a scene kid. Anyways they began talking about religion and the girl mentions that she is a witch. Patrick being the sceptical smartass he is begins to mock her beliefs. It's safe to say this didn't end well.

The girl threatened to put a curse on his family, that a dark spirit would cause torment on his home, and anyone near him. A few days passed and things were fine. Patrick would continue to mock her and she eventually performed said curse upon him. She claimed to have done it at her home. The next day she offered him some cookies (which he foolishly accepted against my warning). Soon however the curse began to appear real. He began talking about sleepless nights, things moving, seeing shadows, etc. I thought he was joking. However I was convinced otherwise.

One night Katie calls me asking to spend the night because she keeps hearing whispering in her room, along with feeling a strong presence like someone is there. I welcomed her in my home and things went by fine. Absolutely no paranormal events occurred while she was over (which was abnormal as my usual ghost problems manifest themselves at all times.) However when she left... These same events seem to be further aggravating the normal paranormal activity that occurs near me.

Normally (if you've read my previous story you'd know this) causal paranormal events will occur such as objects vanishing or conveniently appearing when I need them, Electronic devices either experience static or just continuously act on their own even if they are new or nothing is wrong with them. Could a witch truly send a violent spirit after someone? And could a spirit move onto to another person? I'm going to try to perform a cleansing in my home. But I'd like for some advice just to make sure.

(Another thing-my dog will on occasion stare directly behind me for hours, and continuously bark at thin air... I fear she can sense the spirit).

Other hauntings by BriBri

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriBri, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rozemaiden (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
Coming from a non-Wiccan witch, I can safely assert that this girl probably did not put a curse on this kid or his family, but likely just said she did in attempt to scare him off from harassing her. 🤔

Actually employing a working curse that targets it's victim successfully requires a LOT of knowledge on energy work and intent, and the power to send out that kind of energy properly.

Which is just not something most young witches or Wiccans ever really delve into, and for good reason. Curses and hexes should NEVER be taken lightly. 😐
tomtomjh1983 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Here are some methods for riding spirits away...

1. Burn sage in all rooms, nooks, crannies and spaces. Tell the entity to leave and never return.

2. Black Tar Water is a very potent expellant. Use it to seal your home by making a line in all doors and windows.

3. Holy Water, or blessed medallions placed in all doorways and windows.

4. Sea Salt all entrances and/or windows.

5. Place lavender near all entrances.

6. Contact a medium or a priest with discernment.

...

I hope this will be useful. Take care and God bless!
tomtomjh1983 (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-04)
Though the mocking was indeed childish, the cursing of one's entire family for such trivial things not only diminishes her own character but violates both the laws of nature and the tenants of Wiccan beliefs, chiefly being that you may do as you please but harm none.

As such a tirade of belittlement by this person granted her no right to cause harm on him or that of his family. As she should have been fully aware of, invoking such things requires energy, and that energy comes from her and has her signature on it. What you send out must return to it's source and the energy created in this exchange will follow suit.

What she did was used negative energy to create a negative outcome and as such multiplied the force behind it. And since the universe will maintain balance at all cost this energy created will return to her with greater force and with a broader outcome.

It's a very simple, universal concept found amongst most religions, due unto others as you would have them do unto you. What goes around comes around, and Karma. This can not be mediated away. By doing so this young lady had cast her beliefs into shame and only added credence to the immaturity of the young man berating her.

Though Christian, I am well versed in witchcraft. So I do not judge but hold a great deal of respect for those of the Wiccan sect. They're the most benevolent most well rounded witches you'd ever come across. And they take the reality and respect of free will to heart and will never cast any magic that may harm or take away the will of others in any way, shape or form.

What this young lady did was dark and ill thought out. What this young man did was feeble and immature. The both of them have some growing to do and I hope they come to know this. However curse's can be removed by simply (bare with me, it's unusual) urinating in a glass jar, then at midnight place the jar over a flame and both imagine the curse being lifted and returning to it's source, and a bright white light encompassing your entire body.

Unfortunately for the girl this will be very uncomfortable. But life teaches there are always consequences to both good and bad judgments that we make. I'll pray for them both. God bless!
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
I agree with Javelina.
It was totally ignorant of Patrick to act the way he did. His religious views are no more important than anyone elses. However, that girl was a moron to jump right to cursing.
prudhvi (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
I think she is a black witch... But nothing to worry... Keep a piece of silver always with you, in the form of ring or chain something like that,okey. And keep the silver related items with you... Follow these instructions everything will be solved or else comment here... Ohh god most of the people who practicing witchcraft using for blackmagic
Neglecting the main wiccan rule "harm none"...and getting bad name for my religion... Blessed be
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
BriBri,
Don't let the rhetoric fool you, hun. Patrick isn't any kind of Christian. Patrick is an asshat. His treatment of this girl was atrocious and he knows it! Him trying to hide behind the mantle of Christianity when he does things like this is a ruse, an excuse. He has obviously gotten away with it for quite some time too. He KNOWS that he should apologize, yet he does not. What does he do instead? Whine and moan to others in hopes of them digging him out of the hole he dug. I say tell him to take care of it himself. He wouldn't stop when he was warned by everyone else to do so, would he? Well, let his conscience be his guide this time. If you do this for him, he will just continue the same rude behavior on the next person. Heck, he'll probably act just as unrepentant and rude to her again anyway because he will have weaseled out of the apology. Which is all he needs to take care of anyway. But... It won't help at all if he doesn't mean it. And when he's done apologizing to the girl, he needs to do the same toward you and his sister. After all, he drug you all down by association.

Jav
gothic_king13 (6 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
look you and your friends need to apologize to the girl that is the only way it will end cleansing doesn't work trust me I dwell on the dark path of magic you can't cleanse it you can't pray it away you have to apologize to her period.
Zan31989 (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
She's not a witch it's called black magic and anyone can do it all you need is a peice of clothing and take it to a priest or sheikh and they can do it for $50 It can even make your friend crazy just get someone to cleanse your house it's worth it

This comment from missdanielababy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

bluefoxx01 (81 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
I think I married a witch, although I haven't found her broomstick yet. Her mother is definitely one!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
What your friend can do is something that give witchy-poo a taste of her own medicine LITERALLY.

It's called: A Witch Bottle.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_bottle

What it does, and does rather well I may add, is turn the evil intentions of those who can cast a whammy, back upon them. It's worth a shot.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
I have never found any support for the "3-fold law" of return. Simple life experience shows us that people who put energy into unpleasant & harmful acts tend to receive such energy directed towards them in return. However the notion that it multiplies by a specific magnitude is, in my opinion, simply an attempt at social control. People who pass on what they consider to be information that allows the student to have a tangible effect on the lives of others wish to influence the student to use it in what they consider a positive way, so they use a mythologically significant concept to frighten the student. However, the concept suggests that the universe is sentient & judges the intent of the caster, a concept many who practice witchcraft (but certainly not all) would reject. But I am straying a bit off topic. If this girl did perform some spell to turn Patrick's bullying back on him, perhaps she would be willing to make a similar effort to shield the rest of his family from the effects of that reversal.
BriBri (4 stories) (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Thanks for all of the information everyone. However, I'm not too sure anymore as to whether or not she did perform a curse. Let me add more detail to what Patrick was doing. It wasn't just a casual hahaha witch jokes or anything like that. He wouldn't let up and it became more of a bullying type thing (Pat's one of those extremist Christians... Which is why I wonder how we are friends?). She told him to let off but he didn't. I told him to apologize and stuff, but he said he'll just wait it out. He refuses to believe int he paranormal at all and believes it to be self fulfilling like you said. However these events haven't let up. I'm going to ask her what she did after thanksgiving break is over on monday.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
taz,

You are corerect, if this individual truely understands what being a witch means then they know and understand the 3 fold 'law'. Which is what make may statment so important... If it's 'self fulfilling' all this individual had to do was convince those 'makeing fun of her' that she had actually cast a curse... She need not have actually preformed a 'ritual curse'... One is a head trip... The other truely equals bad karma... So to speak...

Respectfully,

Rook
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
This could happen I think she possibly attached it to the cookies, and him taking them was kind of like a symbol of inviting the curse into his home. As for your other friend, she stayed at his house right? It may have also attached itself to her if the girl intended it to do so. 😕
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
interesting post thanks for adding this 😊
Have to say agree with rook on this your friends yes both of them should say sorry to this new girl, guilt can be such a bit~ch and as for this new girl saying she is a witch then she should know the law of 3! What you give you receive back times 3 so unless your friends were doing more than mocking her I can't see why someone who follows the craft would acctually do something like that knowing that it could return to her but 3 times as bad!
Anyway great post
Carl
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
I agree with Rook. You can do as much blessings and cleansing as you want but it won't be much use if this witch person has a way with spirits. Tell Patrick to be apologetic to the girl (and truly mean it), it might lessen the effects of anything haunting him and his family.
guddughostbuster (3 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
see if you believe something very hard it starts to get real same here see if you believe that some stone has god in it and pray it regularly you
will feel godly presence near it too 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
The best place for your friend to start would be with an apology to this individual. By all means research 'counter hexs/spells' but the best place to start... He needs to say he's sorry... A large part of this may be 'guilt' driven on his part.

Nysa is correct... Many curses are 'self fulfilling' the 'caster' is able to convince their 'victume' that they have done something to them... Even though no real 'spell' has been cast.

Another thing... Ask the 'new girl' just which path she follows... This will help with research into just which 'counters' to look into.

Thanks for posting, please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
BriBri (4 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
[at] Nysa and Lyrinth: Yeah Patrick isn't very bright. It's kind of funny actually, because he is asking me for advice due to the fact that I'm somehow a ghost expert just because I have a few that follow me. I'm going to try to ask the girl what kind of curse she used, and ask her if she can talk to the spirit and make it stop. Just in case I'm going to research wards and defenses against curses and try to help him cope with it. If he is responsible though for the increase in my own problems I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.
lynrinth (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Wow, if I were your friend, I would be careful of this one. It's not cool to mock someone else's beliefs. I guess he will have to learn the hard way. Maybe for now send some positive feelings and light towards him (maybe picture doing it), and maybe it will be a little better for him.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Anthropologists have theorized that if you believe you are cursed the curse will manifest physically as a result of the belief. It sounds like that is what happened here. I do believe in the power of curses but I don't think they can "sick" a spirit of any kind on the person. But either way, what kind of dummy accepts cookies from someone after she tells him she is going to curse him?
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
i love this story so much that I will rate 10/10 good luck on the next part. ❤ 😆 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: