You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Table Tipping Aftermath 2

Real Ghost Stories

Table Tipping Aftermath 2

 

Just over two years ago I submitted an account (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=26198) that was an update to another of my accounts (https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24149) dealing with a haunted fire hall and then the subsequent haunting of one of the buildings that have taken the place of the now demolished fire hall.

This is a brief further update.

I had been off of work for medical reasons for just over 2 years. I was fortunate enough to receive treatment for my condition in another country and was able to return to work a short time ago.

Recently, during a maintenance task at one of the fire halls, many of the fire fighters were happy to see that I had returned to work once again and one in particular said he could hardly wait to tell me his story.

He told me that he had visited a restaurant on the site of the former fire hall, and asked there, as I did two years earlier, if it was haunted. He received a surprised reply that it was. After he gave some background on why he thought that it might be, they told him of the nature of the haunting.

Every night the restaurant is cleaned and all of the food stuffs and dishes are put away. Often on the following day, when the restaurant is opened, dishes are in disarray and it seems the ghost is fond of throwing lettuce all over the establishment.

Interestingly this is not the same restaurant I visited in my account of two years ago, it is the adjoining restaurant, next door. It is also noteworthy that I had not told any of the fire fighters about my visit to the other restaurant as I went off work, sick, shortly after I was there.

There is one establishment left to visit there. It was built on the same lot as the former fire hall but not on the actual site of the building as the other two are.

Other hauntings by Kindly_refrain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kindly_refrain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-03-01)
Hello! I have been out there a few times, but the incident in 2010 was my only encounter. I feel like some occurrences are more common than others.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-15)
Hello LightMight, the building that was on this site previously was a fire hall. There would be 4 different squads with varying groups of people making up the squads, over the years. While there is of course stress at a fire hall it is usually very brief and transitory.

As far as known history, one fire fighter saw a ghostly older woman, from the waist up, that, by the description, was identified as a Mrs. Percival who lived in the area some time before the fire hall was built.

She was only seen one time at the hall but there were other occurrences such as the sound and smell of cooking in the kitchen. Lights (orbs?) also moved through the dorm at night. One closet had unexplained noises emanating from it and I heard its doors bang on one occasion.

There was, however, no high stress business or restaurant here before these new ones were built.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-15)
Macknorton, I like "lettuce pray". This may be because I too am given to puns. They are usually just passed off as "Dad Jokes" by my kids and eye rolls by my wife so... We all need an outlet.

When the fire hall was on this site there was never any destruction or manipulating of physical objects (other than table tipping) so the modus operandi is different. It does, however, seem to be that some continuity of haunting remains.
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-15)
Sorry for my late reply folks. I have been away.

Rajine, If you look at the other stories related to this one you will read that there were other incidents as well, in the other restaurant, but I do not know about the one in this account, I will find out.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
Hello Kindly_Refrain,

I'm curious, were these locations (that you believe to be haunted) owned by the same person or company, at the same time in the past? I'm just wondering if it's the spirit of a previous owner or manager, that could've been under a great deal of stress, still having an effect on the properties by way of residual haunting, or otherwise?

Regarding items being found in disarray; sounds like people are taking notice. Owning and running a restaurant is incredibly stressful, I can imagine how much anxiety an owner, or manager, must've dealt with while trying to keep a successful business going - do you think this type of energy has caused some of the unusual activity people have encountered at these locations? As you're probably aware, often times when people become frustrated and angry, they blow up and lash out physically - perhaps this was a common past occurrence at these locations?

I've enjoyed your story- many thanks!
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-03-10)
Hi Kindly Refrain

I apologise in advance but really after reading this and getting a "vibe" for this destructive entity, all I can really suggest is; "Lettuce Pray"

Again, apologies for that one. Seriously though, that sounds like a classic case of ghostly (entirely pointless / irrational) mischievousness; things being smashed, objects moved around etc...

Interesting that is if it IS the same spirit, then it appears to be almost chained to an area / coordinate point of Earth rather than perhaps attached to a particular building, family, person etc.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards

Mack
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-10)
Perhaps because as you say the restaurant next to each other the haunting would on both sides 🤔

Apart from the lettuce and food stuff, are there any other incidents that's happening as well?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: