You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Trick

Real Ghost Stories

The Trick

 

I was staying at a friends house one night over the summer. We had been joking around for weeks about summoning a demon. This night, one friend brought the required items to perform a summoning.

There were four of us. Each of us had our reasons for wanting to summon a demon. "Harry" was sceptical of the existence of demons. "Chris" was a Christian who wanted to reassure his faith. I had recently lost my faith and was sceptical. "Will" was just there for the ride.

What I'm about to tell you is entirely true. I have not embellished anything or added any details. I'm sharing this story with you because I believe my experience is a lot scarier and more "concrete" than what I've read. I also wish to warn others who desire to summon a demon.

It was 2 or 3 in the morning. I had drawn the sigil of the demon we wanted to summon. A sigil is a picture correlating to a certain demon. The demon we intended to summon was a friendly demon who watched over thunderstorms. After placing the sigil on the empty floor of my friend's garage, we sat in a circle around it and lit a black candle and a stick of incense. At this point, Harry was directly in front of me, and my other two friends sat to my left. We recited a prayer which was supposed to bring the demon forth. Unfortunately, we had no idea what we were doing. To this day, one year later, I believe we did not summon the friendly demon we intended to. We were tricked, or deceived by an evil entity that feeds on fear. Initially our experience felt very calm and inviting. The smoke from the incense caressed our faces and we felt very welcomed. We began asking questions and commenting to each other. All was going fine until a single defining moment when I noticed Chris, sitting to my left. He was closing his eyes and rocking back and forth slowly. He looked nauseous. I grew worried. Our cheerfulness was interrupted as Chris passed out. He just fell limp on the floor. Harry and I looked at each other. Insulted, Harry challenged the demon. We were quiet for a couple minutes as Chris woke up. He acted as though nothing happened, and insists still that he does not remember passing out.

We continued trying to converse with the demon when I felt myself losing consciousness. I felt myself slipping away and giving myself to a very angry power. I remember thinking that I should just yell at my friends to stop but I just kept moving further and further away from reality. My muscles began to shake and I was staring at Harry in the eyes when suddenly my distance from reality vanished. I screamed in an odd, high pitched yet growly sort of way and lunged at Harry's neck. Luckily Harry backed away. I fell and broke the incense burner and lay on the garage floor crying for a minute or two. We then ceased communication and fled the room and ran outside. It seemed like a dream. For some reason, it all felt mischievous and carnival-like. We didn't speak. We were scared out of our minds. Harry then brought to our attention that we had not dismissed the demon. The candle was still lit. It took all the courage we had to walk back into that house, and even more to enter that garage. What we saw when we turned on that garage light I will never be able to forget. In the corner of the garage, we all saw the body of a pale man wearing a bloody goat's head. Behind him we did not see the garage wall, but instead a red mountain of gore. We blew out the candle and it vanished. What we saw could not be described, but we confirmed later with each other that we had seen the same thing.

For the rest of that night until morning I felt like I was hallucinating. I saw the shadows of dead people and animals wondering around. Everything seemed less vivid.

The next week I moved into a dorm room with Harry. Luckily, nothing has happened to us since. We still don't talk about it and we don't tell anyone what happened. I know I will never tamper with these rituals again. And like you, I had heard people say that a thousand times but I never knew what it meant to be so horrified by something like that. I just wanted to share with you what happened to us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, waffles9992, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I don't think it is stupid Isabella, people have wanted to experience & know as much as possible about the "otherside" for millennia. "Summoning" things is one way they have done that. But I think you are wise to at least put off such things for now. When you are older & have studied philosophy, theology & occultism you may decide to explore, but you will have a good idea what you might actually be dealing with.
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
DARKNESS - I know its stupid to want to do it, and I get that this story is like a warning to not play around with it, but I'm 14:L I'm stupid like that

Rookdygin - I'm probably not going to do it because all my friends a worried and tell me not to so ill listen to them, think ill just stick to the stories about them 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
isabellahocroft,

If you are truly curious then ensure you are with individuals who know what they are doing... Find a class being taught and join it. Please do not 'Play' with it just to 'see' if it works. Communicating across the 'veil' is not a parlor trick nor a game and should not be approached as such.

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
Ahh just like playing with a Ouija Board this sounds like, sorry you had to go through that experience but hey your not going to do it again now are you? Glad you have learnt from the experience and are advising people on the consequences on the actions of trying to summon a demon! 😐

Thanks for sharing

Dan

(isabellahocroft: Think you missed the whole point of this story, why would you want to try? I don't want to see a story exactly the same as this coming from yourself, that's no good!)
isabellahocroft (1 stories) (14 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
ive wanted to do it just to see if it would work... And still kind of want to do it...:L
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Hi Waffles, thankyou for sharing your story, I am quite sure that you guys have learnt your lesson, please don't dabble in the unknown again, however because of what you all did it would be a good idea to see a priest and tell him what happened, I HOpe you are all ok
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Let me see if I've got this right-

You lost your faith in God, but somehow you still had faith in the other side of the same coin- a demon?

Sounds like preaching to me.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
What in the world would make you think a demon would be nice? I just don't understand? & how would summoning a demon restore your faith? I'd think you would ask Jesus to restore it if you had any doubts & ask for some council at your church... I'm lost on this one.

~LSD~
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
I too am curious about your source for the ritual & sigil. I also agree with happyspirit that "demon" is a misnomer in this case, but I suppose that depends to some degree on your perpective.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
I tell you right now: friendly or not, even elementals get ticked off when they get summoned just to prove if theyre real or not. Elementals can be easily angered, especially thunder ones. But you said the being had a goats head. Which sounds more like an earth elemental to me.
The spell required a black candle? Or did you just pick that color? Where did you get the spell and what shape was the signal you had to draw?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
HappySpiirt,

I like your line of reasoning I've posted my thoughts on this subject on the Sister site and invite you and others that are intrested to check it out... Please leave any comments there as it is way Spiritual and not very Ghostly in the nature of it's topic...

Http://www.psychic-experiences.com/real-psychic-story.php?story=6281

Any sort of Spirits/Entities are not things to 'play around' with. They should be treated with respect at all times.

Respectfully,

Rook
freddysgirl1984 (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
For some of the people on here that are so skeptical by the acts of someone you don't even know, it's up to them to summon what they want and to take care of themselves. I just advise strongly to be well protected with cleansing spells and charms afterwards, if that can hold off a weaker sort of demon being.

Blessed Be Waffles9992,
Darby ❤

This comment from Jitow is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Nyrican11 (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
I couldn't even imagine wanting to begin or come close to summoning anything. You never tend to get what you're trying to conjure up, at least that's what I've heard growing up from others who had friends that were into that sort of thing. Hoping that if you ever consider summoning anything again, that this day hits your mind and backs you away. Thank goodness you all made it out of that situation okay. Can't say I'd want to experience anything like that at all.
SugarySweetGirl (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Waffles9999? Is that the same name you go by on your Youtube account?
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
(Shakes her head in wonderment)

Why would anyone WANT a demon?
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
A good warning story. You really nailed it when you commented that fear was driving your actions and what appeared followed from that. 2 things:

To be honest, I do not understand the reasoning of Christians who need to mess with evil in order to restore their faith; wouldn't you want to have an experience of Jesus or God touching your life? I am asking respectfully and welcome your response if you care to comment.

I know that most Christians view what I call nature spirits as demons (I am referring to the "friendly demon" of thunderstorms you were trying to summon), but I welcome you to consider another perspective.

I believe that entities exist whose job is to oversee the various operations of the natural world, such as grass growing and rain falling. Pagans worship them, Christians demonize them, skeptics dismiss their existence. They can be abused and mistreated by humans, either intentionally or out of ignorance and they then take on what appears to human perception as a "dark" or "angry" demeanor. Conversely they can be communicated and worked in partnership with to create a better world. Michelle Small Wright (American nature researcher) and Marko Pogachnik (Slovenian artist and geomancer) have written extensively on this whole subject.

At one time I classified myself as a Christo-Pagan, as I was attempting to bring together the beauty and power of Jesus' mission with understanding and respect for the natural world. Not sure that's the best word to describe my orientation but it comes close.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Don't ever mingle with something that dangerous. Curiosity kills the cat, and in most of the cases, the cat was long dead before it realised its mistake. I'm with snowhite and Watchful here: Hope you don't do it again. To all those who decided to try, please think again. Too much at stake there:/
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
I wouldn't say you deserved it (no one really deserves to be terrified), but I am glad you realized what a bad idea that was. Lol. I agree with snowhite: hope you don't do it again.

Hopefully you sharing the story will keep others from doing the same thing. 😁
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Well, you all got what you deserved. Hope you don't do it again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: