You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Strange Visit From My Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Visit From My Dog

 

This only happened yesterday morning and it's only a short one.

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at my place for 7 days, as I'm not allowed animals we left the key with what we thought was a trusted friend.

Yesterday morning I had just turned the pc off, I had been reading ygs as I always do. I laid awake for about 15 minutes after switching the pc off, seeing it getting lighter outside and completely wide awake, that I know 100% certain. I turned towards the wall squashed up in a single bed with my fella. I heard Smokey (our dog) run into the bedroom, I could hear him panting and his little feet running around, he ran up to mark who woke up slightly, and said 'go away Smokey, come on mutt get down' then I heard him running around the bed looking for a space to jump onto the bed, no luck! He ran back around to my boyfriend's side of the bed (his 'daddy' Smokey loves us both so much and misses us when if we are out for an hour. We are never away from him but I had to look after my aunt who had just had a hip replacement) After running back to his daddy there was suddenly silence, it was then my tummy done somersaults, and I remembered he wasn't at my place.

I jumped up and tried to shake my fella awake but he just mumbled 'yeah, I dreamed about Smokey too' I was like 'It wasn't a dream you dumb-ass, there's something wrong' but he had just went back into a deep sleep. I rang our 'friend' straight away, not caring I was waking him up early, who informed me that he had not bothered to make the effort, he had split up with his girlfriend and moved from the area without even telling us, and presumed we had been back. Why not ring and check with us, I could have killed him, I felt sick to the core. I practically dragged the boyfriend out of bed, and yes... He remembered telling Smokey to leave him alone.

So both of us had this experience, I could have put his experience down to missing our doggy but not me, I was awake, I kept having to repeat this and we got a cab straight away, silence in the cab except for fella saying 'I'm dreading this'...so was I, I couldn't even speak, 7 days without food, and probably 5 without water. I let my fella walk in first; I was shaking, sick and beyond worried. My boyfriend entered the house, I was stood in the garden, and out comes running my dear Smokey. I was so so sure because of what happened that morning he had passed away as he isn't a young dog, almost ten years old. I jumped out of my skin, he had lost weight but apart from that he was fine, his usual perky self.

We both agreed never ever again will we trust anyone to look after our precious dog. Does anyone think he just missed us that much that he somehow astral projected his way to us while dreaming? Ant thought would be very much appreciated; I didn't know animals could do that while alive, if anyone else has had a similar experience I would love to know.

Thank you for reading, I love this sight.

Other hauntings by stormangel

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stormangel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SpookyCasper (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Oh My God! Great story!It's a instant Fav! I was ready for a bad ending 😨. I'm happy that your dog is safe as a dog lover I would have killed this "friend" myself 😠.

Thank You For Sharing 😊

Casper
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
Thanks, Yes we were talking about it the other day, I could have put it down to stress, but the fact that when Smokey tried to snuffle my boyfriends face to wake him up, and I heard my him say 'get down...' etc and he could remember it, I was kind of glad that I now know how strong the bond is with him. I don't know what would have happened if there had been room for him to jump up onto the bed! He has done a few other things like ran from my boyfriends mums house (its just through an alley and about 6 houses down) when we had only been back 2 minutes, he had been there for 5 days and that was the only time he left her garden... How did he know we were back? Animals do seem to be in tune with things that people have maybe lost over time. I love Smokey, he has arthritis now but he is still his bubbly self.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Wow! I am really glad that Smokey was okay. You have such a close bond with him that he was able to come to you in spirit. At least that's what it seems like to me. Thanks for sharing.
lozlady (4 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
I was very concerned about Smokey as I was reading this. And I definitely wouldn't have thought any different of you, had you actually killed the "friend".
I believe it's definitely possible for something like this to happen. I mean, anything is possible. If a human can do it, who's to say an animal can't? Especially one that is so closely bonded to it's owner?
So glad Smokey was okay.:)
hardcoregeneral (9 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
Tell you what, I'm usually critical about most stories on here. I have a dog and love him as much as you obviously love yours and I can feel the panic you must have felt when going to find your dog. I'm very sceptical about ghost stories on here because most are from bored kids it would seem. I really want to believe this one though as I know a dogs love for its owner is so strong, more so than another human I reckon. And I know if my dog was in trouble he would do all he could to let me know. I did think your story was going to have a bad ending and I'm so glad it didnt.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
I'm glad to hear your pup was ok. I almost started tearing up, reading that last bit, thinking it was going to end badly...
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Being a dog lover myself and having one at home, I couldn't imagine someone doing this to him. Dogs are something special and I feel lucky to have one in my life. This is such an incredible story, it definitely sent chills down my spine, I'm so glad he was okay. Thanks for sharing! 😊
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
I was very concerned about your dog reading this, for the same reason that you were. I'm glad that everything turned out well in the end though.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
As I was reading I was thinking about not finishing because I was so afraid of how you would find your puppy! Glad everything turned out okay! I think in times of need our loved ones can dream about us, don't know why or how but I know it happens.
Miami_girl_medium (9 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Aww that's so cute! I was expecting the last paragraph to say something happened to Smokey! I have 2 dogs of my own, and I'm happy yours is safe and sound! This story makes me happy, well without the idiotic freind, and its an instant fav!
Lexi 😁
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
I'm a sucker for animal stories with happy endings. I have this idea that dogs are human, too. In any case, thank you for sharing this one. The bond is a strong one, isn't it?
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
thanyou for commenting... I really expected the worst, what could be more horrible than starving to death. Oh the relief when he came bounding out of the front door, I was shaking, felt sick in the cab on the way there, my poor pooch: (and yes, the complete idiot (I don't condone violence) but my boyfriend gave the guy a black eye oops! Well... Its nothing compared to what my smokey went through. He loves us so much, animals are so full of inoccence and pure love for their owners, I felt I had let him down so much by trusting someone else to care for him. Yup, the bond is so strong, even with ownwers that don't particularly give a crap. Shame on some people thnxs for your comments again, he has been treated like king of the house since lol
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Another account of the bond between us and our beloved pets. Instant Fav! I am so glad that this had a happy ending. Thanks for shareing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
Oh my goodness! What sort of "human being" could leave an animal like that and not even bother to give you a simple phone call to say he could no longer look after the dog?
I agree with HappySpirit that Smokey astral projected himself to let you know he needed to come home. Anyway I'm so glad Smokey was ok, a nice end to what could have been a horrible story 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
Yes I have to agree with HappySpirit, an amazing story. Thank God your Smokey was ok. Like HappySpirit I was expecting a tragic ending.

Thank you for sharing it with us.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
Oh my gosh, what a great story! And thank God it has a happy ending - I was gearing up by the next to last paragraph for a tragic find. So happy your pooch is safe and well now. And to answer your question, yes I do believe Smokey astral projected, a phenomenon also known as "haunting by the living." He wanted to come home!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: