You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Something In My Mother's Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Something In My Mother's Bed

 

I don't know if you will find this experience interesting as it wasn't really in retrospect very dramatic but it is by far the freakiest thing I can say has ever happened to me anyway.

It happened about five years ago my brother and I were in our room we share.

It wasn't very late we were watching something on TV and then my mother sticks her head through the door and says, "Steve there's someone in my bed." well me and my brother laughed and said something like don't be daft. Well maybe its dad, "No hes down stairs" she said

The look on her face I could see that she seriously thought there was someone in there. She said that she went to get in and she felt someone in there and thought it was a load of laundry or something under the sheets but when she when she went to move them they were hard heavy and moved.

So I went to have a look but there was a broken light fixture in there that couldn't hold a bulb so I kind of leaned around the door patting the bottom of the bed with my hand still kind of laughing and nervous at the same time.

As I got a little more confident I moved a little closer onto the bed and that's when I touched something that to me also felt like someone was in there under the blanket and no sooner than me touching the mass it moved and turned over, I could feel the weight shift that's when I jumped up and out the door and said yea its probably V===y "My sister" We thought she had gone in there to sleep from her bedroom.

So the three of us still kind of giggling nervously goes into my sisters room to check if it was her. But she was in there sleeping on the bottom bunk bed that's when my stomach turned and we became a little scared and shut the door to my mothers bedroom as much as we could.

There was a hanger on the top of the door inside that was stopping the door from closing completely. We went back to my room and I grabbed a metal bar that holds the backrest to my weight bench up and discussed who it could be while keeping an eye on the bedroom door.

We thought it could be a drunk that had wandered in of the street and eventually we grabbed a lamp and plugged it in the socket next to my mothers door to have a look. But to our surprise there wasn't anybody in there.

Looking back I know there was something in there. My mother didn't sleep in her room for a couple days after but we haven't really thought about it since.

Well like I said not that interesting or dramatic but there you go.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Steve07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Hey,
Here are two ideas as to why this thing could have been laying next to your mother.
Theory one: it could be a residential haunting, so the person sleeping may be a type of imprint, when a certain act is repeated it leaves a imprint.
Has it only happened once?
Theory two: spirits are only human, just ones that have left their physical body. Just as a child sleeps with their parents for comfort, maybe a spirit needs comfort or maybe it is out of habit.
Maybe it wasn't aware you were there and your worlds collided.

Has anything else happened in the house, to your mother or to yourself?

Keep me updated:)
AzzyBeh (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
I agree with Nysa, although it is a tad sexist. I would have got your father just in case it was a complete stranger. If it was a spirit it must have not intended any harm upon your mother otherwise it would had have done so. Interesting story!:)
Devils-Daughter (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
😕 wow and you have no idea what it was well if I was you I would look up the houses history and see if that had anything to do with it. 😕 😳 its creepy though.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Not sexist at all, Nyssa, but a very good question. Ghost, astral projection, whatever, dad probably wants to know who's been sleeping in mom's bed.

There may be more incidents to come. Keep us posted, Steve.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
This is a little sexist of me, but I am surprised that you guys didn't call your dad once you felt sure there was a stranger in the bed. Was he perhaps asleep downstairs? I am thinking maybe it was his astral body, gone to bed without his body. Maybe it was a spirit but with only one "spotting" it is hard to guess what "he" might have been doing there.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Actually I think finding someone in your bed is pretty dramatic. I will say that there have been times in my life when I was absolutely certain of a sensation, a noise, a feeling, and then pfft! It's gone, and I am left wondering if I did not imagine it. Even when someone else thought they saw or felt it too.

I realize my comment might seem far fetched. How can something you actually feel not be there?

I leave the explanation to the more knowledgable and experienced posters here.

Thank you for sharing your story, Steve07.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: